Maryland @ #23 Texas

king

58 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

And sunflowers are gold!

I am inept.

Being parent of a graduate make a fan or alumni but does make you an sec poster.

Ask the next 100 people that you run into in Louisiana and ask them,

"What color is a sunflower?"

Although statically it is impossible, 100% will tell you YELLOW

Must be miserable being a tu "fanatic"

LMAO such a sorry athletics program across the main 3 sports...and they're supposed to be the flagship University of Texas?

Nothing special about Austin either, unless you like hippies and AIDS.

Lastly, enough with the sunflowers lame jokes...pretty pathetic thats the best you can come up with. 

13 hours ago, bullets13 said:

You're trying too hard 

Charlie Strong 71% winning percentage at Louisville

Charlie Strong 43% at tu (No winning seasons and only 1 bowl game in 3 years)

Charlie Strong 2-0 at South Florida...best start he's had since Louisville days...sure he started 2-0 his last year at tu, but we all saw how good the Notre Dame win really was. Also, lets not forget he lost to Kansas...in FOOTBALL.

Shaka Smart 74% winning percentage at VCU

Shaka Smart 47% winning percentage at tu...hmmm another coach under the 50% mark at the big bad tu

David Pierce 64% winning percentage at Sam Houston and Tulane

David Pierce 61% winning percentage at tu...alot easier to have a winning record in baseball with all those cupcake mid week games...but can't fake conference games...11-12 in conference play

See a trend yet?

Now, obviously Herman has more than enough time to turn things around, but losing a home opener to the University of Maryland in FOOTBALL? Not a great start. 

San Jose State is rolling into town next, Charlie Strong beat them opening week by 20 btw, no pressure longhorn fans.

Lastly, in before the recruiting excuses...look up tu recruiting compared to Maryland the past 5 years...ill wait

I understand why aggy, despite hollow claims to the contrary, are obviously always going to have UT on their minds.  And in fairness, that rivalry will always exist, even if we don't play.  

But serious question:  what is up with all the LSU fans on this board?  Idk if it's just locally or an LSU thing in general. But it's kind of strange to me. Maybe it's just a border thing.  Because I can assure you in Austin, mosh couldn't give two sh*^s about LSU.  In fact, they aren't close to the top of the SEC in schools that are on the radar or who would remotely be considered a rival.  

Hold on, I might have just answered my own question...

3 hours ago, bballfan342 said:

Charlie Strong 71% winning percentage at Louisville

Charlie Strong 43% at tu (No winning seasons and only 1 bowl game in 3 years)

Charlie Strong 2-0 at South Florida...best start he's had since Louisville days...sure he started 2-0 his last year at tu, but we all saw how good the Notre Dame win really was. Also, lets not forget he lost to Kansas...in FOOTBALL.

Shaka Smart 74% winning percentage at VCU

Shaka Smart 47% winning percentage at tu...hmmm another coach under the 50% mark at the big bad tu

David Pierce 64% winning percentage at Sam Houston and Tulane

David Pierce 61% winning percentage at tu...alot easier to have a winning record in baseball with all those cupcake mid week games...but can't fake conference games...11-12 in conference play

See a trend yet?

Now, obviously Herman has more than enough time to turn things around, but losing a home opener to the University of Maryland in FOOTBALL? Not a great start. 

San Jose State is rolling into town next, Charlie Strong beat them opening week by 20 btw, no pressure longhorn fans.

Lastly, in before the recruiting excuses...look up tu recruiting compared to Maryland the past 5 years...ill wait

Charlie Strong wasn't an up and coming coach! There was a reason that it took him so many years to get the HC at lu

Pierce in his first year and the team improved. 

If Shaka is such a bad coach, why do recruits still want to come. 

Miles won with Sabans kids.

A no Horn posters on this board was calling for Herman's head.

Ask team First about Sunflower Gold. 

Deathbed for up and coming coaches baffles me. 

DKR, Akers, McWilliams, Macovick, Brown, Cliff, Augie, Lemons, Penders, Barnes

need I go on?

13 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Charlie Strong wasn't an up and coming coach! There was a reason that it took him so many years to get the HC at lu

Pierce in his first year and the team improved. 

If Shaka is such a bad coach, why do recruits still want to come. 

Miles won with Sabans kids.

A no Horn posters on this board was calling for Herman's head.

Ask team First about Sunflower Gold. 

Deathbed for up and coming coaches baffles me. 

DKR, Akers, McWilliams, Macovick, Brown, Cliff, Augie, Lemons, Penders, Barnes

need I go on?

He's just mad because even coming off 3 consecutive losing seasons, the coach those crazy cajuns wanted made them look like also rans.  Played them to get the deal HE wanted with the University and they were stuck hiring Cletus's incoherent cousin....

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I understand why aggy, despite hollow claims to the contrary, are obviously always going to have UT on their minds.  And in fairness, that rivalry will always exist, even if we don't play.  

But serious question:  what is up with all the LSU fans on this board?  Idk if it's just locally or an LSU thing in general. But it's kind of strange to me. Maybe it's just a border thing.  Because I can assure you in Austin, mosh couldn't give two sh*^s about LSU.  In fact, they aren't close to the top of the SEC in schools that are on the radar or who would remotely be considered a rival.  

"I can assure you in Austin"

so you live in Austin now humpty? 

Cause I can assure you in Baton Rouge, problem is you or I don't live at either 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Agree completely except I don't at least 3, maybe 4 sh*^s about LSU.  Also, can someone please interpret for me what the heck Coach O is saying when he speaks. I might be mistaken, but wasn't Miles/LSU championship the same year Briles cast his ballot for Blow U because of his hatred of Texas? Time and memory escape me.

8 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Agree completely except I don't at least 3, maybe 4 sh*^s about LSU.  Also, can someone please interpret for me what the heck Coach O is saying when he speaks. I might be mistaken, but wasn't Miles/LSU championship the same year Briles cast his ballot for Blow U because of his hatred of Texas? Time and memory escape me.

He is saying STTDB 

57 minutes ago, team first said:

He is saying STTDB 

For any who don't know what that means, google it along with LSU.  This guy who claims to have a kid that went there (not surprising on one count because with those genes, I'm sure UT & A&M were out of the question academically).  If it's true, it's really sad because most high schoolers with any sense of decency would have more maturity and class than to utter such filth.  But then again, when has decency and class ever been associated with...

38 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

For any who don't know what that means, google it along with LSU.  This guy who claims to have a kid that went there (not surprising on one count because with those genes, I'm sure UT & A&M were out of the question academically).  If it's true, it's really sad because most high schoolers with any sense of decency would have more maturity and class than to utter such filth.  But then again, when has decency and class ever been associated with...

Hoops, did you just slip up and give A&M a compliment? :)

44 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Genes, well you may want to rethink certain sports then!

And you understand exactly what I mean! 

Pardon my adjustment to the great Simon & Garfunkle song:

Where have you gone Darrell Royal

Our state turns its lonely eyes to you 

Don't keep up with college football much anymore, but I have no idea how you can have two universities, UT and A&M, who get the best recruits from the greatest HS football programs in the country (Texas) and can't beat somebody with an 80 point lead at the half, or somebody who's mascot is Terps, and wear the ugliest helmets EVER worn by a football team.  And those great D1 recruits gave up a total of 96 points.  From what I read, A&M offensive coordinator needs to find something he's good at, as does the UT DC.  You give the UT DC job to Coach Thompson if you'll pay him enough to leave the U of WOS.

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Yes I do.  Sad vulgar older dude who's also a racist. How shocking!

My post had nothing to do with race. For someone who deems them selve so educated, it should be easy to figure out Humpty 

Keep calling me out and this can keep up. 

You where the first to bring up genes. All I done so far is respond to you. 

42 minutes ago, team first said:

My post had nothing to do with race. For someone who deems them selve so educated, it should be easy to figure out Humpty 

Keep calling me out and this can keep up. 

You where the first to bring up genes.[b-] All I done so far is respond to you. [/]b]

You are the one who posts vulgarities.  You started and continue the name calling.  Sorry if I offended with the "genes" remark.  I thought "sttdb" warranted it.  I don't know how that's "calling you out" unless your name is actually Cletus.  Which I suppose is possible. 

15 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Gentlemen, let's do this.  Let's everyone watch the language.

No inserting characters to replace the letters that we all know.  And no STTDB.

Ignorant me had to look it up.  There were two meanings.  I like the "Shut The Truck Door Bro" best.  The other was well past crude.  If you don't know, don't bother.

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Ignorant me had to look it up.  There were two meanings.  I like the "Shut The Truck Door Bro" best.  The other was well past crude.  If you don't know, don't bother.

I do know which is why it was included as prohibited language as given the tenor of this thread, I doubt the meaning that you pointed to first was the intended one.