Vidor vs. Galena Park Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

I went to the game last night.  Vidor dominated most of the night.  At the end of the scrimmage each team got 3 series with first teams.  Vidor scored on a 4 play series, then the fb took the dive for 70 yards on first play of second series and they once again scored on one play via the counter run for 70 yards on the third series.  Galena Park struggled to move the ball but did get down to the 30 on back to back legit PI calls on one drive.  They fumbled a bad snap and Vidor recovered in the endzone and I think the other series was a 3 and out.  Vidor looked good but this was not a great team.  Not sure Galena Park would win a game in our district.

3 hours ago, xfactor said:

Thanks guys, I have read a lot of posts on this site through the years.  Glad I could finally contribute. 

Yes, good job.  Hope you can post some games also.  Some old Pirates that have to be at other games like to keep up.  I know - I know, just a scrimmage, but sounds like some of last years JV are stepping up.  Encouraging.

6 hours ago, coltsman414 said:

Glad to see Vidor start well, wos will pose a much bigger threat I hope Vidor has a good showing this week leading up to barbers hill

Much like basketball folks are forever saying, it's all about matchups.  I understand BH ran the Slot T for several years, prior to 2016, so they know how to defend it.  Then they're a pass oriented team, normally the Pirates Achilles Heel.  I'm not giving up on these young fellers, but BH will be a long row to hoe.  But I do remember the tactless comments from a BH official after last years gams, so if Vidor could pull it off, I'd be ecstatic.