Nederland at Sheldon C.E. King Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

What has also been very seldom over the years is that Nederland fans having so little to say about the upcoming season.  Heck, even negative comments would still indicate excitement about the team.

Did the football following die in Nederland when Larry Neumann retired?

7 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

What has also been very seldom over the years is that Nederland fans having so little to say about the upcoming season.  Heck, even negative comments would still indicate excitement about the team.

No. I (speaking for myself) am waiting to see how they are going to look under Barrow.    Scrimmages aren't the best measuring sticks.

4 minutes ago, bigdog said:

No. I (speaking for myself) am waiting to see how they are going to look under Barrow.    Scrimmages aren't the best measuring sticks.

bd, I completely agree with waiting and seeing. Anybody who is ready to bury their school's team, or for that matter hand them a trophy, strictly based on what happened yesterday is being a little too much of a chicken little (or conversely way too boastful) for my blood.

That being said, that has never stopped many Nederland folk, even in years where struggle was expected, until this year.

40 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I was surprised at that to.  When I did my initial post on here, there were only three, yet Belleville at Navasoto had 53 post.  And it's not just Ned, because I've seen very few post from the Vidor fans.  Haven't seen King Rob on here yet.  Is it just to hot for folks to think about football?  Maybe things will pickup soon. 

But kudos to these few Ned fans still backing their team on the Forum.

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I was surprised at that to.  When I did my initial post on here, there were only three, yet Belleville at Navasoto had 53 post.  And it's not just Ned, because I've seen very few post from the Vidor fans.  Have seen King Rob on here yet.  Is it just to hot for folks to think about football?  Maybe things will pickup soon. 

But kudos to these few Ned fans still backing their team on the Forum.

The Mayor of South Vidor is currrently enjoying a well deserved retirement out on a lake near you.  I expect to see him very soon with guns blazing about his beloved Pirates.....or the Whitney Wildcats.

As to other Vidor folk, that might be my fault. I could have sworn that I put up a Vidor/Galena Park scrimmage thread, but when I looked this morning, it was no where to be found.

For what its worth... Its early. Speaking for myself, I havent been to anything involving Ned football this yr. So I dont have much to add. With that being said, there are many who would love to see us falter.....I will wait and post when I have firsthand knowledge, not what someone has heard.Good luck to all and ....Im ready for some HS football!!!

King did score, it was 1-1 with the first teams in.  Not sure what the perceived panic is about.  Simmons looked in mid season form.  Defense had busts, but we're alignment related according to Barrow's comments.  Several bright spots.  Folks who have been begging for Ned to find a way for Kevon Latulas to contribute... well, mission accomplished, he was a big, fast, and physical WR last night, and caught every ball thrown his way, very impressive.  Hiltz also looked solid, he will be a big part of the offense as well. O-line was also a bright spot, got better as the scrimmage went on.  Lots to work on, but when does a scrimmage not reveal areas to improve?  Aaron Rodgers would tell us to relax  

4 hours ago, outanup said:

For what its worth... Its early. Speaking for myself, I havent been to anything involving Ned football this yr. So I dont have much to add. With that being said, there are many who would love to see us falter.....I will wait and post when I have firsthand knowledge, not what someone has heard.Good luck to all and ....Im ready for some HS football!!!

I second that, no sense jumping off the cliff and then looking for a parachute because someone said it would be there.

15 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

The Mayor of South Vidor is currrently enjoying a well deserved retirement out on a lake near you.  I expect to see him very soon with guns blazing about his beloved Pirates.....or the Whitney Wildcats.

As to other Vidor folk, that might be my fault. I could have sworn that I put up a Vidor/Galena Park scrimmage thread, but when I looked this morning, it was no where to be found.

I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see Vidor/Galena Park scrimmage in the list of scrimmages.  Thought Coach Matthews was going to give the kids the night off lol.

I went the scrimmage and there was a pretty good amount of Nederland folks that showed up, the scrimmage itself looks pretty much what I've seen in years past, the kids will be moved around until the coaches get the right fit. The defense looking pretty good at times and the offense had bright spots at times, we played three different QB's and probably will play the number one QB more against Crosby. The freshmen and JV played pretty well also. Can't wait till Thursday.

I think yall are forgetting the Bulldog Way, Nederland has far as I can remember under Larry Neumann always used scrimmages and even pre-district to move kids around. Countless times I've seen Nederland go 0-3, 1-2 in pre-district then go on to win district or at least make the playoffs. I've always said Coach Neumann was a great coach because he knew where to play his players and I believe Coach Barrow will also take the same strategy. Nederland will be fine and the reason for that is, because they live in a great community, they have been brought up in a great program and have been coached well.