Silsbee at LumbertonScrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

Great.  I wasn't able to make it, but I'm glad they did well.  Silsbee was dominated pretty bad in the scrimmage last year.  I'm glad the experience will be a factor this year.  

Also glad that Lowe will be a major weapon early.  Last year for several games at the beginning of the season, he was out.  

So, did Collins look pretty good passing the ball?

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

In the varsity portion that I saw, I recall that Silsbee scored 4 times and that Lumberton did not score.  I left before it was complete.

BTW, they had the Silsbee kicker kick some.  Special teams will not be an achilles heel for the Tigers this year!

Great.  No going for it on 4th down or extra points this year.  Such a relief!

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Great.  I wasn't able to make it, but I'm glad they did well.  Silsbee was dominated pretty bad in the scrimmage last year.  I'm glad the experience will be a factor this year.  

Also glad that Lowe will be a major weapon early.  Last year for several games at the beginning of the season, he was out.  

So, did Collins look pretty good passing the ball?

Honestly, we were getting to him and as soon as our guys touched him they blew the whistle. So didn't really get to see much from him.

You see this scrimmage is a prime example of how a coach views these events differently from the fans here.

Coach Babin, going into this game, didn't set out a game plan for Silsbee.  There were things that he had seen at practice that he wanted to further test under a game situation.  Sure, they keep track of who gets in the end zone more and I don't know any coach that wants to be on the short end of that count, scrimmage or otherwise.  But Coach Babin certainly saw what he needed to see today.

9 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You see this scrimmage is a prime example of how a coach views these events differently from the fans here.

Coach Babin, going into this game, didn't set out a game plan for Silsbee.  There were things that he had seen at practice that he wanted to further test under a game situation.  Sure, they keep track of who gets in the end zone more and I don't know any coach that wants to be on the short end of that count, scrimmage or otherwise.  But Coach Babin certainly saw what he needed to see today.

Butttttttttttt who WON???? 

Ok that's enough!

I'm a little late to the party, but.........I got some raw stats, nothing official. 

Silsbee   5TDs 1FG               Lumberton  2TDs

Varsity

Passing 7-18-143-2-0            14-23-169-1-1

Rushing 21-241  3TD             21-87   TD

Turnovers     0                           2

JV            3   TDs                     0TDs

Passing 4-16-115-0-0            1-1-2-0-0

Rushing 9-52  3TD                 23-(-15)

Turnovers       0                        2

First things first I don't think there was any serious injuries. I hope the elderly lady on the Silsbee side that got to hot and had to be put on a stretcher in an ambulance is ok. Silsbee has speed, that's a given every year. Another year in new coach system has them looking more comfortable. Things to work on is consistently in passing game and blocking up front. I like the effort. 

Lumberton has got size, huge size. They are a load. They can pass and move the chains and can push the pile with that big Oline. If they can get the right combination they will be a hand full. 

9 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Coach Smith, going into this "scrimmage", didn't set out a game plan for Lumberton. ;)

50 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Coach Smith, going into this "scrimmage", didn't set out a game plan for Lumberton. ;)

And it was obvious as well, there are plays that worked for the Tigers that, had this been an actual game, Coach Smith would have gone back to time and again,

Neither coach sets a gameplan in a scrimmage. They set plays that they want to see on film and they run those.. it might be 3rd and 15 and if a run play is the next play on the list then that's what they are gonna run. I guarantee you we as fans put a lot more thought into who "wins or loses" a scrimmage than coaches do. Obviously babin wanted to see what the passing game looked like (and in my opinion it looked pretty decent) and coach smith wanted to run a basic offense. His concern is probably the offensive line so he probably wanted to see if they knew their basic assignments (that's just my guess). Everyone knows they can run Adonis between the tackles every play and get 4 yards a play when it comes down to the real game. No need to do that for an entire scrimmage and take nothing away from it.

The only gameplan Lumberton is worried about right now is for porter, and silsbee is focusing on PNG. 

18 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Neither coach sets a gameplan in a scrimmage. They set plays that they want to see on film and they run those.. it might be 3rd and 15 and if a run play is the next play on the list then that's what they are gonna run. I guarantee you we as fans put a lot more thought into who "wins or loses" a scrimmage than coaches do. Obviously babin wanted to see what the passing game looked like (and in my opinion it looked pretty decent) and coach smith wanted to run a basic offense. His concern is probably the offensive line so he probably wanted to see if they knew their basic assignments (that's just my guess). Everyone knows they can run Adonis between the tackles every play and get 4 yards a play when it comes down to the real game. No need to do that for an entire scrimmage and take nothing away from it.

The only gameplan Lumberton is worried about right now is for porter, and silsbee is focusing on PNG. 

Coach Babin was quite happy with what he saw out of the passing game yesterday....at least from the No. 1 O.