2 move ins in PA Memorial

46 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

One isn't a move in.  Jamyus Jones went to Sabine Pass previously but has resided in PA throughout. He is will certainly help this team.  Not sure who the other one is. 

This Jones kid.  Is he good?  I heard that one of those guards is arguably one of the best guards in SETX...

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

One isn't a move in.  Jamyus Jones went to Sabine Pass previously but has resided in PA throughout. He is will certainly help this team.  Not sure who the other one is. 

So is he eligible for varsity as a transfer who played varsity (I assume) at SP last year?  I've never quite mastered these transfer rules. 

If a student transfers in the spring term, that student does not have to sit the 15 days in the fall. Also, if a student enrolls within the first 6 days of start of school in fall, the student does not have to sit the required 15 days. This being said, the DEC still has to rule if the student is eligible or not.

2 hours ago, BigHoops said:

So is he eligible for varsity as a transfer who played varsity (I assume) at SP last year?  I've never quite mastered these transfer rules. 

Depends on what school district his parents reside in. I'm guessing they are in the P.A. district and should be okay to play this year. Still have to sit out like AggiesareNot has mentioned.

9 hours ago, BigHoops said:

He is eligible if he has completed a Previous Athletic Participation Form (PAPF): 1) completed by the parents of the student; 2)signed off by the superintendent (or a designate of his) and the principal/coach of the previous school where they state that the student was not recruited and did not change school for athletic purposes and 3) signed off by the superintendent (or designate) of the new school.

This form is required whether or not Jones resided in PAISD all along. So if he played any ball at Sabine Pass in the 8th grade or later, he needs to have this form completed (Sec. 443, UIL Constitution)

This is the hidden content, please

22 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

He is eligible if he has completed a Previous Athletic Participation Form (PAPF): 1) completed by the parents of the student; 2)signed off by the superintendent (or a designate of his) and the principal/coach of the previous school where they state that the student was not recruited and did not change school for athletic purposes and 3) signed off by the superintendent (or designate) of the new school.

This form is required whether or not Jones resided in PAISD all along. So if he played any ball at Sabine Pass in the 8th grade or later, he needs to have this form completed (Sec. 443, UIL Constitution)

This is the hidden content, please

True, strangers things have happened but if his parents reside in the district, the DEC will approve. Sure its possible the school don't have to sign. But still in his favor with parents in the district.

6 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

True, strangers things have happened but if his parents reside in the district, the DEC will approve. Sure its possible the school don't have to sign. But still in his favor with parents in the district.

I agree that is a very big factor in his favor.  But not necessarily determinitive, same as the PAPF form as you corrrectly noted.  Those are all factors the DEC is to consider in finding that he is eligible.

i hope everyone is okay and coping well with the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.  

In regards to students displaced by the storm, from the UIL:

The University Interscholastic League is providing a waiver process for displaced student-athletes who wish to participate at their new location after the wake of Hurricane Harvey.

While the League said in a press release that the hope is all students return to their original schools, it might not be ideal considering the damage from the storm.

Information regarding the waiver process has been provided to UIL member schools and will be made available on the UIL website in the next few days.

Additionally, the UIL announced it will provide flexibility to affected schools as the impact of the storm is assessed and necessary accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis.

This should get interesting.