Question for BG, Tobie, and affiliates

stevenash

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I am quite certain YOU did.  I'm not sure he did when he exclaimed that I attempted to "brand the Republican Party" on the basis of one idiot. I clearly said something to the contrary earlier and was equally clearly making a point about who those idiots support, not the Party supporting the idiots.  A simple reading of the posts leading up to the video would reveal this. 

And obviously both parties have plenty of idiots to go around...

So what was your point with the David Duke post?

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So, no answer?

Do you buy into the nonsense that Republicans are racist?

I really thought you were messing with me.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt since I had an autocorrect of "most" to "almost" and an "and" was "an" in the explanation I gave that you said wasn't needed.  Here it is again:

"BUT to spell it out for you, someone asked if I thought more racists were republican.  I said certainly most republicans weren't (in direct contradiction of one of your premises of MY point).  Then I said that I would bet that most of the idiots who marched on Charlottesville WERE Trump supporters.  After which I posted a video of Duke (their keynote speaker to be at the event) saying THEY believed they were carrying out Trump's campaign promises or something to that effect. So your diatribe of how I was branding an entire party, along with some examples to the contrary that were a little less recent than last week (to say the least) was off point, off issue and otherwise irrelevant to the discussion.  Maybe that will save you some time..."

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I really thought you were messing with me.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt since I had an autocorrect of "most" to "almost" and an "and" was "an" in the explanation I gave that you said wasn't needed.  Here it is again:

"BUT to spell it out for you, someone asked if I thought more racists were republican.  I said certainly most republicans weren't (in direct contradiction of one of your premises of MY point).  Then I said that I would bet that most of the idiots who marched on Charlottesville WERE Trump supporters.  After which I posted a video of Duke (their keynote speaker to be at the event) saying THEY believed they were carrying out Trump's campaign promises or something to that effect. So your diatribe of how I was branding an entire party, along with some examples to the contrary that were a little less recent than last week (to say the least) was off point, off issue and otherwise irrelevant to the discussion.  Maybe that will save you some time..."

But you also said in an earlier post that most racists in the present day are Republicans, right?

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I am quite certain YOU did.  I'm not sure he did when he exclaimed that I attempted to "brand the Republican Party" on the basis of one idiot. I clearly said something to the contrary earlier and was equally clearly making a point about who those idiots support, not the Party supporting the idiots.  A simple reading of the posts leading up to the video would reveal this. 

And obviously both parties have plenty of idiots to go around...

Rather telling me what you said, let's look at what you actually said in response to this question " Do you agree with the Big GIrl theory that all Republicans are not racist but all racists are Republicans?":

"No.  But in the present day, I would say the vast majority are.  I would wager you would be hard pressed to find a democrat supporter in the white supremacists in Charlottesville last week. Comversely, they were quite vocal in their support for Trump. "

Contrary to what you believe and I like you and quite frankly am glad you didn't take that wager as Jason Kessler, the organizer of that white nationalist shindig in Charlottesville, has been pointed out by the Southern Poverty Law Center, no friend of the white nationalist movement, as having indications of being an Obama supporter and former Occupy movement member.

The branding that I talk about that supposedly shows my lack of reading comprehension is that your lone piece to support your claim, taken from your own very words, that racists are "in the vast" majority Republicans is the ranting of David Duke, a guy whose views have been condemned by Republican and Democrat alike...and even your favorite target, Donald Trump.

Finally, you didn't comprehend my point: which is that racists are not just wrapped in white skin which is what you have attempted to imply by pointing solely to white supremacists as racists.  Well my friend, that is simply not the case.  The likes of Shaun King and many elements of Black Lives Matter also hold that racist tag.  So do the New Black Panthers, who, as the same Southern Poverty Law Center stated that:

NBPP members also hold black-supremacist religious beliefs. Some think that blacks are God's true "chosen people" and that the people normally called "Jews" actually are impostors (this ideology is remarkably similar to the white racist theology of Christian Identity, which says whites are God's real chosen people). They believe that blacks are naturally superior to people of other races. In September 1997, Khalid Muhammad said that he could not be anti-Semitic because Jews had no claim to the term "Semite." 

I doubt that you would find a New Black Panther Party Member or Black Lives Matter at any function claiming to be Republican, unless of course it is to disrupt it.  But I'll leave this entry for you to view:

This is the hidden content, please

Although they hold, as the SPLC points out, many of the same views of white supremacists (of course replacing "white" with "black"), for some reason they were repeatedly left out, hopefully by mere oversight, of the population of racists that occupy American soil as discussed in this topic.

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

And 

See, Snopes needs to do better research.  SLPC didn't do this based on the story snopes discusses.  They point to multiple white supremacists message boards as well as a Livestream video he made of himself in support of a southern city remaining a sanctuary city.  Now, I am not sure that many racists do that.

But we still can't put the New Black Panthers in Republican party, can we?

10 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Nope, the site is much more interesting with you on it.

But the notion that racism is strictly the province of one party, and in this case, the party he or she is opposed to, is so faulty and easily refuted that it is actually becoming a bit boring....it is that easy:

But I'll retire for a while here, the true reason this site is up is starting and it is time to get cracking up there.

All right.  See you on the sports board.  Go Westbrook!

14 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Obviously all Republicans are not racist.  I would hope that a majority are not.  But as I've heard said, if you ARE a racist and looking for a party, take a right. 

The problem with Big Girl's plagiarized statement is that it implies that all racists are white.  as of late I've seen many, many overt examples of racism directed TOWARDS white people, and the perpetrators most certainly have "taken a left."

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

No one would take that bet so I guess it was. 

Excuse me.  I thought that the validity/viability/safety of a bet is whether or not it was won or lost.  But now I am learning that is not how one judges it.  Instead, it is judged on whether or not someone would take the other side.   Still learning here.  I will consider this as part of my attempt to become "enlightened".

24 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Excuse me.  I thought that the validity/viability/safety of a bet is whether or not it was won or lost.  But now I am learning that is not how one judges it.  Instead, it is judged on whether or not someone would take the other side.   Still learning here.  I will consider this as part of my attempt to become "enlightened".

A bet requires two parties.  Otherwise it is not a bet but a proposition.  Further free enlightenment. 

On August 16, 2017 at 8:01 AM, Big girl said:

We are going to look at some some definitions.

White nationalists are one of a group of militant whites who espouse 

and advocate enforced racial segregation.

Muslim: a follower of Islam.

If a person identifies himself as a white nationalist, he is admitting to being a racist. All Republicans are not racist, but all racist are Republicans, hence the white nationalist and Trump connection.

One can be a follower of Islam, and not be a terrorist.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

You were actually making a lucid post until you got to, "all racist are Republicans".  You see Big girl, ridiculous statements like that loses all your credibility.  Do you deny that the Black Panthers are racist?  Do you deny that the majority of BLM are racist?  Can you not see that black Americans can be racist, just as white Americans?  Your inability to see problems on both sides is one that affects way to many on both sides.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

You were actually making a lucid post until you got to, "all racist are Republicans".  You see Big girl, ridiculous statements like that loses all your credibility.  Do you deny that the Black Panthers are racist?  Do you deny that the majority of BLM are racist?  Can you not see that black Americans can be racist, just as white Americans?  Your inability to see problems on both sides is one that affects way to many on both sides.

Far more

On 8/17/2017 at 5:06 PM, baddog said:

Forgive them like Big Girl did Robert Byrd.

All the anti-white sentiment in this country and you didn't expect to see the Klan? What a dufus.

There has been anti black sentiment since they were brought here as slaves to do all of the work and fro the slave owners to rape and beat with whips. Lets not leave out , hang from trees. And burn their property. Domestic Terrorist.

4 minutes ago, new tobie said:

There has been anti black sentiment since they were brought here as slaves to do all of the work and fro the slave owners to rape and beat with whips. Lets not leave out , hang from trees. And burn their property. Domestic Terrorist.

Look up William Mack Lee. Guess he will be declared an uncle Tom. You really and truly don't know what you are talking about.

3 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Those slave owners terrorized slave mon-sat and went to church on sunday

Total bs. A beaten and hungry slave could not work, just like a hungry soldier will not fight.

Tired of the racist/slavery crap. If that is all you are about, I have nothing else to say to you.