Lufkin Little League baseball

BS Wildcats

Guest ECBucFan

When Lufkin and McAllister Park first met, the pitching staffs were relatively fresh. Despite that, Lufkin won a dramatic 11-10 game. 21 total runs were much more than I expected. Then, after McAllister had to get past New Orleans East Bank, that score was 19-13. So, I thought with depleted pitching staffs, the Lufkin - McAllister Park final would REALLY light up the scoreboard. Final: Lufkin, 2-1. Ain't that crazy? 

11 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

When Lufkin and McAllister Park first met, the pitching staffs were relatively fresh. Despite that, Lufkin won a dramatic 11-10 game. 21 total runs were much more than I expected. Then, after McAllister had to get past New Orleans East Bank, that score was 19-13. So, I thought with depleted pitching staffs, the Lufkin - McAllister Park final would REALLY light up the scoreboard. Final: Lufkin, 2-1. Ain't that crazy? 

Lufkin and McAllister Park met in the second round. If I'm not mistaken, both pitched their aces in their first game (I know Lufkin did). These pitchers were not available again until the finals. The Lufkin ace had 14 strikeouts in Lufkin's first game. I don't know how many he had in the finals against McAllister Park, but he pitched a very good game...as did the McAllister Park pitcher.

• 2 weeks later...