Taking the year off, sort of...

AggiesAreWe

SILSBEE TIGER FANS: After much thought and consideration and talking it over with my family, I have made the decision to take a hiatus from broadcasting on a full time basis. It is a decision I have not taken lightly. There are several factors that were involved in my decision and not any one thing in particular. I am very much appreciative to SETXsports, my sponsors, fans, and other media partners for the support you have given me these last 10 years. As I step back to reevaluate and recharge and keep my options open, there will be opportunities for me to broadcast specific games of significance during the season and post season for Silsbee and other local teams, in all three sports. Thank you again for your support and understanding. It has been a pleasure being the voice of the Silsbee Tigers. I will see you at the games. Go Tigers!

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Will look forward to listening to you on a more selective basis.  I have no idea how taxing it must be to do all those games and all it takes to do that job.  I got tired just watching you...

It was a bit taxing, to say the least. Was averaging around 105 broadcasts (including weekly show) each year over the past 6 years. It was time to scale down a bit and recharge to see if I really want to continue full time.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It was a bit taxing, to say the least. Was averaging around 105 broadcasts (including weekly show) each year over the past 6 years. It was time to scale down a bit and recharge to see if I really want to continue full time.

Maybe you can just enjoy the games now

17 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

SILSBEE TIGER FANS: After much thought and consideration and talking it over with my family, I have made the decision to take a hiatus from broadcasting on a full time basis. It is a decision I have not taken lightly. There are several factors that were involved in my decision and not any one thing in particular. I am very much appreciative to SETXsports, my sponsors, fans, and other media partners for the support you have given me these last 10 years. As I step back to reevaluate and recharge and keep my options open, there will be opportunities for me to broadcast specific games of significance during the season and post season for Silsbee and other local teams, in all three sports. Thank you again for your support and understanding. It has been a pleasure being the voice of the Silsbee Tigers. I will see you at the games. Go Tigers!

Well deserved rest, my friend.

Will anyone else be stepping into broadcasting the Tigers for now?

3 hours ago, Pepper Brooks said:

Well deserved rest, my friend.

Will anyone else be stepping into broadcasting the Tigers for now?

Well, looking at the schedule, the good news is that Silsbee first few games are likely to be on the air anyway as they play PN-G (Cool 92.5) in Week 1, Newton (SETXsports Newton Broadcast) in Week 2, Jasper (KJAS) in Week 3, and WO-S (KOGT) in Week 5.

As AAW just stated, there is some talk about broadcasting some Silsbee games, but it is still in the initial stages.

I'll be getting with Jordan Wilson to finalize what SETXsports Broadcasts will be done during the season.

19 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Believe it or not, both of my roommates in law school were Aggies.  They got wiser in choosing the second time around.  Well, that and not having an option in College Station ;) 

My old boss went that route.... A&M then on to UT Law.  He liked say that he went to A&M for an education and UT to learn a vocation.  

It has been a great eight years in the broadcast booth with you Mike. Going from press box to press box in football and baseball through regular season to playoffs and all that press box food. Hurry up and get rejuvenated, gonna miss that press box food, I mean broadcasting with you. Till then. TigerNation!!!