Glen Campbell Dead at 81

Hagar

Spent many hours listening to his songs.  

RIP Glen.

This is the hidden content, please

Never go to Galveston that I don't think of him.  When my son was in the Marines, we drove out to Ca to see him, and yep, by the time I got (get) to Phoenix his song was running thru my mind.  I haven't been to Wichita (lineman) yet, but if I do, you can bet I'll have Glen (gentle) on my mind.

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

Spent many hours listening to his songs.  

RIP Glen.

This is the hidden content, please

Never go to Galveston that I don't think of him.  When my son was in the Marines, we drove out to Ca to see him, and yep, by the time I got (get) to Phoenix his song was running thru my mind.  I haven't been to Wichita (lineman) yet, but if I do, you can bet I'll have Glen (gentle) on my mind.

I remember him best as the Smothers Brothers summer replacement show. When the Smothers Brothers resumed in September, fans complained to the network that they wanted more of Glen Campbell. If I correctly recall, that is how he got his own show. Man, that was a long time ago and I have slept since then.

"Mom always liked you best"

I watched a documentary on the "Wrecking Crew", who were a group of studio musicians in Los Angeles. I was surprised to find out Glen Campbell was a member. I was then shocked to find out that Campbell was the tour replacement for Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, after Wilson was no longer able to tour.

2 hours ago, Englebert said:

I watched a documentary on the "Wrecking Crew", who were a group of studio musicians in Los Angeles. I was surprised to find out Glen Campbell was a member. I was then shocked to find out that Campbell was the tour replacement for Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, after Wilson was no longer able to tour.

I read that in the link I posted.  Ashamed to say I had no idea how good he was with the guitar.  Prior to his own fame, he was a "first call player" and contributed on sessions with F. Sinatra, D. Martin, Rick Nelson, Mamas & Papas.  A few he played on, Viva Las Vegas, I'm a Believer. And Strangers in the Night.  

Here's a 2 min video of an older Glen doing a little picking at the end of singing Galveston.