First day of Texas football practice.

STiger85

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Someone ask Nederland how their Spring Warmups and game went.  And how their 2 a days went today .... Asking for a friend.  

Word around the water cooler is that Nederland rented a gym in the Stonegate Edition at at local church. Its an indoor facility so no one is exposed to the elements. I also was told that the Nederland QB is a D1 prospect, 6 Star recruit. He was a 4th team JV QB at PAM, he transferred looking for playing time. The paper have been signed off by the new secretary on the transfer. Proof reading was done by Fairclothe..... Stay tuned for more details as they arise. Right now I do not have a score for the game, word is that there was 3 games. 2 a days ended 2 weeks ago and full practices started Last Monday.

19 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I heard some good things from my father in law this morning about silsbee. He was at the practice this morning then headed to Lumberton to watch us for a few minutes.

Imma get the full rundown today after work.  My son was fired up for this day for a while now.  Took last year's loss vs. Carthage hard and he and the team has been busting arse all spring and summer...

13 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Word around the water cooler is that Nederland rented a gym in the Stonegate Edition at at local church. Its an indoor facility so no one is exposed to the elements. I also was told that the Nederland QB is a D1 prospect, 6 Star recruit. He was a 4th team JV QB at PAM, he transferred looking for playing time. The paper have been signed off by the new secretary on the transfer. Proof reading was done by Fairclothe..... Stay tuned for more details as they arise. Right now I do not have a score for the game, word is that there was 3 games. 2 a days ended 2 weeks ago and full practices started Last Monday.

Lol.  Ok, I'll convey this information...  Lol

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

That's cold hearted.  And funny as hail.

Bad news here at Newton. The lineman are very small and extremely slow, several weighing under 172 pounds, backs are extremely slow, our fastest back is nick named turtle. We are going to flip a coin to see who plays QB. Anybody playing Newton this year don't need to worry about us. We are just going to have to start over and rebuild from  the 7th grade up. Maybe in a few years we can be competitive again. Makes me want to just lay down and cry.

15 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Bad news here at Newton. The lineman are very small and extremely slow, several weighing under 172 pounds, backs are extremely slow, our fastest back is nick named turtle. We are going to flip a coin to see who plays QB. Anybody playing Newton this year don't need to worry about us. We are just going to have to start over and rebuild from  the 7th grade up. Maybe in a few years we can be competitive again. Makes me want to just lay down and cry.

And then you woke up from your nightmare 

9 hours ago, Who-Knows? said:

Patriot Nation!!  Dropped both mine off at 630 am sharp. Soph and freshman. Cant wait for the 1st scrimmage.

I'm with ya. Mine got there at 5:00 am sharp. First in line gets the good equipment. Looking forward to the scrimmage this weekend. Also curious to see how the move ins perform.