Silsbee '17-'18 schedule

1 hour ago, scoopno1 said:

Grimes is a great player.I was at that game, Silsbee led early by a a score of something like 16-8. Then McCain got tossed for what appeared to be nothing. No contact on his part at all. A witness standing under the basket told me he said to the ref I got fouled. That drew the first tech. There are two stories about the second tech. One side said he told the ref all I said was that I got fouled. The other side was that he said that call was " ______". Silsbee fell behind by more than 20 points. Then they regrouped and battled back to narrow the gap to 98-95. 

Regardless  Grimes is a great player. 

Mike was ejected with the score still in single digits for both teams.  College Park took the lead 9-6 when he was ejected.  I was sitting at the scorers table.  Not sure what was tehe case on the first tech , heard the same thing.  But the second was BS if Michael said anything else to the ref it was well before the tech was called.  Michael was walking towards the scorers table with the ref behind him.  The ref was watching just waiting to call that second one.  Michael had his hands up in the air walking away but kept jesturing and shaking his head.  He got at least halfway back to our side before it was called.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Silsbee's '17 - '18 schedule include any National Ranked Tournaments (City of Palms, Fla, National Hoopfest or Iolani Classic, Hawaii) or play any National Ranked Teams (#1 LaLumiere, Montverde Academy, Findlay Prep or Oak Hill Academy).  Without a doubt Silsbee is the best team in Region 3 and should re-peat in 4A. I would love to see Silsbee go outside the state and play a completive schedule. This is the perfect opportunity for Silsbee to schedule those games this season or next season against ranked teams. 

Dream Game

Silsbee vs Oak Hill Academy at Ford Center Stadium 

31 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Will Silsbee's '17 - '18 schedule include any National Ranked Tournaments (City of Palms, Fla, National Hoopfest or Iolani Classic, Hawaii) or play any National Ranked Teams (#1 LaLumiere, Montverde Academy, Findlay Prep or Oak Hill Academy).  Without a doubt Silsbee is the best team in Region 3 and should re-peat in 4A. I would love to see Silsbee go outside the state and play a completive schedule. This is the perfect opportunity for Silsbee to schedule those games this season or next season against ranked teams. 

Dream Game

Silsbee was invited to a national tourney in Chicago, not sure if they are going. Needed to raise funds.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee was invited to a national tourney in Chicago, not sure if they are going. Needed to raise funds.

I don't think that one is happening.  I believe all our tourneys are going to be in state.  I think it is going yo be Cypress instead of Missouri City, and maybe the same Dallas and SA tourneys.  

Cypress is much easier to get to from here. Cy is 15 to 20 mi. away.  Mo City/Sugarland is 35 to 40.  That's like a trip out of town.  Ft Bend has good facilities.  Cy Fair probably has even better.  They build something new every six months or so it seems.

DISD tourney streams the semi finals and finals.  Sweet! At least they streamed last  year.  All a team has to do is make it that far.  Good competition in SA as well.

8 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Dream Game

Reminds me of a game Between Ozen and NYC Rice several years ago.. It was at a tourney in Houston for nationally recognized teams.  This was during the Kendrick Perkins era. Ozen was definitely a nationally  recognized team at the time.  When they lined up for the jump ball it was obvious Ozen had the height advantage.  Once the ball was tossed into the air those NYC ballers took off!  NY was playing chess while Ozen was playing checkers. Everybody on that NY Rice team had mad handles and advanced moves.  It was more than a blowout. It was a basketball clinic.

I think NY Rice is close down now though.

It would be ashamed for a team this talented and gifted not have the opportunity to play against some of the very best and elite teams/players in the country.  I am curious to see how this talented team would fair up against those elite teams off of MaxPreps List. 

Coach Sigler make that phone call to Hicks (RCS Sports) and let's get a game between Silsbee and the #1 La Lumiere.

It's time for the entire country to witness how talented this team is and also get the national media attention. 

23 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

It would be ashamed for a team this talented and gifted not have the opportunity to play against some of the very best and elite teams/players in the country.  I am curious to see how this talented team would fair up against those elite teams off of MaxPreps List. 

Coach Sigler make that phone call to Hicks (RCS Sports) and let's get a game between Silsbee and the #1 La Lumiere.

It's time for the entire country to witness how talented this team is and also get the national media attention. 

La Lum, Mont Verd, IMG, etc would be way too much for Cy Falls, much less Silsbee.  But if Hicks were to be able to set something up, it would be with Cy Falls. 

37 minutes ago, Who That said:

Silsbee starting five could play a competitive game with any High school team in the country.! MY OPINION ANYWAYS......

I appreciate your enthusiasm but believe it or not, there are schools with better guards and bigs you would have absolutely no answer for. But there is no doubt they absolutely play their tails off. 

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to remind certain folks that I was ridiculed a few years ago for predicting Silsbee wouldn't lose more than 3 district games in the 5 year period.  With the forfeit last year, that makes 2 losses in 3 years with two years to go. But I am a man of conviction and am willing to still take any bets on my original prediction, even spotting the forfeit loss that wouldn't have otherwise resulted in an L.  So I have one district loss to give over this year and the next.  

Saw this on Facebook:

Silsbee Basketball Team traveled to Houston this weekend to participate in the Dekaney Shootout and here are their results.....

Dekaney (6A) 72
Silsbee (4A) 66 Final

North Shore (6A) 39
Silsbee (4A) 39 Final/Double OT

Austin Reagan (5A) 52
Silsbee (4A) 58 Final

RCS Sports also shows Silsbee playing Sam Houston and Clear Lake in the Super 16 Extravaganza on Sept. 30 in Houston.

Learn from the mistakes of last season. Forget about being state champs, as much as you can.  Winning it all was a nice psychological hurdle to cross.  What seemed elusive and almost down right mythical can be seen now as just something to do.  Get hungry, if you're not already there.  Stay hungry.  Go out & win it all again.