Silsbee '17-'18 schedule

On 8/3/2017 at 5:36 PM, WOSgrad said:

If the Ozen folks are so concerned about Silsbee's strength of schedule, then they should give Coach Sigler a call and schedule a game or two with them.

I mean even Central does that!

Coach Saveat has called even the new Ozen  coach Micheal Thomas has called to get the game for Dec.12. Ball is in Siglers court. Take the date quit making excuses about who won't play you. It's just basketball ,I know who you are running from and that's PA Memorial they tried to play the game at the hoopsgiving and your coach turned it down . No matter they will see you in Cypress same side can't run. I'm just living though I know how Silsbee fans gets lol. I just wanna see some go basketball being I won't have anything to do with my time .  :)

On 8/4/2017 at 9:04 PM, Kountzer said:

District is district.  Nothing can be done about thet.  Silsbee  played  a very competitive non district schedule.

I have no clue whose in Silsbee's district. I don't care if Silsbee and HJ in the district with  the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavs, I'm going to still say they are in a weak district :)

On 8/3/2017 at 4:29 PM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Probably another easy schedule, as usual :) 

So this non-district schedule you consider weak:

Nov. 23 - Houston Christian, 108-85

Nov. 26 - Houston Westbury Christian 82-81

Nov. 29 - at Beaumont Central, 72-69

Dec. 1-3 - South San Antonio Tournament

San Antonio Wagner, 77-81

Harlingen South, 99-47

San Antonio Sam Houston, 83-68

San Antonio Johnson, 72-62

El Paso Bowie, 82-75

Dec. 8-10 - Raising Canes Fort Bend ISD Tournament

Baytown Sterling, 77-63

Fort Bend Hightower, 95-98 (OT)

Clear Springs, 90-84

Alief Taylor, 65-68

Dec. 16 - at Cleveland, 97-52

Dec. 17 - at La Marque, 98-73

Dec. 28-30 - Dallas ISD Coca Cola Invitational

Waxahachie, 104-101 (OT)

Frisco Liberty, 77-72

Wilmer Hutchins, 73-50

Dallas Lincoln, 76-70

Dallas Skyline, 52-64

Jan. 3 - The Woodlands, 65-64

Jan. 7 - at The Woodlands College Park, 95-100

Jan. 10 - Hardin-Jefferson, 81-51

and all this time I thought you were knowledgeable. You ooze with ignorance.

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I have no clue whose in Silsbee's district. I don't care if Silsbee and HJ in the district with  the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavs, I'm going to still say they are in a weak district :)

I'll keep this post in mind...in fact, I might quote it in the future...when you decide to grace the board with your "analysis."

Last year's season and schedule for Silsbee was as interesting and competitive as any I've witnessed.  Me and Silsbee basketball go back a long way.  As mentioned district was district.  U have to go to the UIL website and see how they determine what schools are in what districts, if someone has a problem with that.  Silsbee's non district schedule was as competitive as can be expected for a 4A team that is not all that close to a really large metropolitan area like Houston, SA, or Dallas.  

On 8/7/2017 at 0:00 PM, BlkMamba24 said:

Coach Saveat has called even the new Ozen  coach Micheal Thomas has called to get the game for Dec.12. Ball is in Siglers court. Take the date quit making excuses about who won't play you. It's just basketball ,I know who you are running from and that's PA Memorial they tried to play the game at the hoopsgiving and your coach turned it down . No matter they will see you in Cypress same side can't run. I'm just living though I know how Silsbee fans gets lol. I just wanna see some go basketball being I won't have anything to do with my time .  :)

Really running from them for what my understanding it was Yates never PAM and that's the team Ozen should be worried about because the STATE CHAMPS AINT WORRIED ABOUT OZEN OR PAM!!!! 

On 8/7/2017 at 0:00 PM, BlkMamba24 said:

I doubt there will be much of a chance for that game to be scheduled due to the scheduled games being mostly if not entirely the same as last year.  Not sure of open spots but I will say this to every basketball fan in the area.  Whatever the date is, if the game is still on the schedule like I was told it will be,  you need to be in the Tiger gym on the night College Park  comes to town to see Quentin Grimes.  You definitely will not regret it.  

8 hours ago, ST413 said:

I doubt there will be much of a chance for that game to be scheduled due to the scheduled games being mostly if not entirely the same as last year.  Not sure of open spots but I will say this to every basketball fan in the area.  Whatever the date is, if the game is still on the schedule like I was told it will be,  you need to be in the Tiger gym on the night College Park  comes to town to see Quentin Grimes.  You definitely will not regret it.  

Definitely....he could be a one and done.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

A certain incident aside, Silsbee has made a name for itself in basketball.  Schools like Cy  Falls, and College park don't play just anybody.  

Last season that game was on a Saturday.  it will probably be on Saturday in Silsbee.

College Park scratched that game they are going play in a holiday tournament out of state.

That was a game Silsbee wins way more often than not.  Simply put, CP was not very good.  Very much like Alvin with Savion Flagg.  However, Grimes was able to put together an amazing performance and carry his team to a win.  They do boast arguably the best player in the state so they will get a lot of invites. 

Grimes is a great player.I was at that game, Silsbee led early by a a score of something like 16-8. Then McCain got tossed for what appeared to be nothing. No contact on his part at all. A witness standing under the basket told me he said to the ref I got fouled. That drew the first tech. There are two stories about the second tech. One side said he told the ref all I said was that I got fouled. The other side was that he said that call was " ______". Silsbee fell behind by more than 20 points. Then they regrouped and battled back to narrow the gap to 98-95. 

Regardless  Grimes is a great player.