Top WR's in 21-5a

Bronco94

21-5a has some talented receivers out there, so let's hear it. Dayton this year will have a variety of receivers for QB Nail. Playing slot, will be Williams and Ramirez. Wideouts Lovely and Torres will be more than ready this season. At about 6'7" and playing tight end, Orebo, will be a force to be reckon with.

Kingwood Park just picked up what I think is going to be the best receiver in our district. Bryson Jackson played for Humble as a sophomore but transferred to St. Pius X for is junior season and blew up. Transferred back to KP for his senior season, who also has #2 coming back. Jackson has the potential to put up 1,500+ yards and 20+ tds in KP's offense. I think this completely changes the game as far playoff outlooks. 

Byrson Jackson - 

This is the hidden content, please

24 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Kingwood Park just picked up what I think is going to be the best receiver in our district. Bryson Jackson played for Humble as a sophomore but transferred to St. Pius X for is junior season and blew up. Transferred back to KP for his senior season, who also has #2 coming back. Jackson has the potential to put up 1,500+ yards and 20+ tds in KP's offense. I think this completely changes the game as far playoff outlooks. 

Byrson Jackson - 

This is the hidden content, please

If he had stayed in kp, he wouldn't have 25 offers that's for sure. So what happened for him to come back. I don't know, seems fishy. One player won't make a team, but hats off to the kid, I watched the film on him, but there was a different environment over there, st.pius and kp, big difference.

25 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

If he had stayed in kp, he wouldn't have 25 offers that's for sure. So what happened for him to come back. I don't know, seems fishy. One player won't make a team, but hats off to the kid, I watched the film on him, but there was a different environment over there, st.pius and kp, big difference.

I just looked and the #2 kid had 34 carries for 242 yards and 2 tds on Dayton who won by 14 points. True enough one player doesn't make a team, but adding Jackson to he mix might do just that. Imagine he puts up 150 yards and 2 tds to go with what Hurst did that night and it's a whole different game.

Maple wants to throw it around at KP but you saw just like me when they would go 4-wide they didn't have a single guy out there who could really even catch, much less was a legit threat. I would think Jackson sees 80-100 targets on the season and probably some return duties. 

46 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I just looked and the #2 kid had 34 carries for 242 yards and 2 tds on Dayton who won by 14 points. True enough one player doesn't make a team, but adding Jackson to he mix might do just that. Imagine he puts up 150 yards and 2 tds to go with what Hurst did that night and it's a whole different game.

Maple wants to throw it around at KP but you saw just like me when they would go 4-wide they didn't have a single guy out there who could really even catch, much less was a legit threat. I would think Jackson sees 80-100 targets on the season and probably some return duties. 

I'll give you that, preparations will have to be made for sure. 21-5a has changed, you really can't take too many opponents lightly.

6 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

I'll give you that, preparations will have to be made for sure. 21-5a has changed, you really can't take too many opponents lightly.

I think the district will be tighter this year. Crosby will come out on top but there is not as much distance from top to bottom as is recent years. 

Let the good times roll!!!

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

St Pius always is loaded with D1 talent. Kid will be one to watch for sure. A lot of people don't realize how good some of these private schools are and the talent they have. 

2 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

Not trying to stir the pot just wondering why you think he wouldn't have got a ton of offers if he stayed at KP. I know St Pius has one of the top qb prospects in the state and I agree St Pius is known for big time talent but I'm sure this kid would shine anywhere.

31 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Not trying to stir the pot just wondering why you think he wouldn't have got a ton of offers if he stayed at KP. I know St Pius has one of the top qb prospects in the state and I agree St Pius is known for big time talent but I'm sure this kid would shine anywhere.

He went one year there and is coming back a highly recruited athelete with 25 Fbs offers, if he had of stayed at kp I don't think he would have the opportunities an athelete at St. Pius does, therefore, not having near that amount. 

I wouldn't underestimate the receivers at KP. We cycled through 3 different QB's last year and none of them ever the chance to get consistent. It also didn't help that we would run the same play 50+ times a game. I hope we toss it around a bit more - I don't think Jackson would leave Pius if that wasn't the plan. I told you guys the bottom half of he district was going to get better ....

21 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

He went one year there and is coming back a highly recruited athelete with 25 Fbs offers, if he had of stayed at kp I don't think he would have the opportunities an athelete at St. Pius does, therefore, not having near that amount. 

I think both you and Pride are partly right. KP had a tight end they never threw to when Holley was the coach but somehow the kid still ended up at Baylor and is currently the starter. Yet, KP currently has a kid named Thyron Hurst(#2) who holds no reported offers but would almost surely have some if he attended St. Pius this past season. 

3 hours ago, KPFan said:

I wouldn't underestimate the receivers at KP. We cycled through 3 different QB's last year and none of them ever the chance to get consistent. It also didn't help that we would run the same play 50+ times a game. I hope we toss it around a bit more - I don't think Jackson would leave Pius if that wasn't the plan. I told you guys the bottom half of he district was going to get better ....

I was reading an article where Jackson said he left St. Pius because of a tuition increase. Usually New Caney gets the St. Pius transfers like they did with Allison, Harvey and Ware. Good for KP though. 

The main reason I think KP has a chance at a playoff spot other than Jackson transferring in is that they have 18 starters back. With two healthy players like Jackson and Hurst mixed with the lack of defense we play in this district, I put KP firmly in the mix with Dayton, Humble and Porter for the fourth playoff spot. 

10 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Dwight Mcglothern from New Caney will turn some heads this year, he's only a sophomore but is getting some serious talk in recruiting circles as a DB. He will also play some WR this year.

247sports.com/Player/Dwight-McGlothern-46038284

Dang. Everybody's got athletes except for Crosby!!!

Another pretty salty receiver from 21-5A is Cullen Kirkland from Barbers Hill. I believe him and Cameron Cauthen are the top returning duo in the district. 

This kid should be one of the three toughest covers in the district along with Jackson at KP and Sevonne Rhea of Porter. Cedric Patterson from Crosby: