Any Move in Kids for 2016-17 Basketball season??

Didn't Miller Kopp and Braylon play together for the Houston Defenders? That may have something to do with it, as I'm sure Braylon and him play very well together. He might want to make a run for a state title before his high school days are over.

He'd get plenty of playing time here. Silsbee ain't gonna be as deep next year, I don't think. He'd also likely be the only true big we have.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for this happening, but if it does, that's very bad news for every other 4A team in the state.

31 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Didn't Miller Kopp and Braylon play together for the Houston Defenders? That may have something to do with it, as I'm sure Braylon and him play very well together. He might want to make a run for a state title before his high school days are over.

He'd get plenty of playing time here. Silsbee ain't gonna be as deep next year, I don't think. He'd also likely be the only true big we have.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for this happening, but if it does, that's very bad news for every other 4A team in the state.

It it is being discussed freely, out in the open on this board, and it is, it ain't happening.  

7 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Braelon played 15u, Miller 17u.  If Miller doesn't finish at Houston Christian, it will be at IMG.  I hear they're pretty good too and might be able to hang with Silsbee for a half...

And he's not really a big, even at 6'7".  Definitely a wing who would instantly be the best scorer in the area...

On 8/3/2017 at 4:16 PM, TxHoops said:

Braelon played 15u, Miller 17u.  If Miller doesn't finish at Houston Christian, it will be at IMG.  I hear they're pretty good too and might be able to hang with Silsbee for a half...

And he's not really a big, even at 6'7".  Definitely a wing who would instantly be the best scorer in the area...

When I said Kopp didn't show in the 2nd half of that game I wasn't trying to put him or his team down.  I was surprised myself that Silsbee took the game the way it happened.  The Tigers had a deep bench last year.  HC tried to run with them and the result was the result.  

IMG, is that the team Vanderbilt played for last year?  I don't know if Silsbee could of dealt with them last year.  Same for Kinkaid.  But hey, if they are not destined to be roadblocks in the 4A playoffs what difference does it make?

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

When I said Kopp didn't show in the 2nd half of that game I wasn't trying to put him or his team down.  I was surprised myself that Silsbee took the game the way it happened.  The Tigers had a deep bench last year.  HC tried to run with them and the result was the result.  

IMG, is that the team Vanderbilt played for last year?  I don't know if Silsbee could of dealt with them last year.  Same for Kinkaid.  But hey, if they are not destined to be roadblocks in the 4A playoffs what difference does it make?

No, IMG is probably the top prep school in the country.  Better facilities than most colleges. Vanderbilt played for his dad's thrown together prep school, Victory Prep.  Silsbee would have been favored against them or Kinkaid IMO.  The IMGs and Montverdes of the world, not so much.  And who would expect them too when those schools literally recruit the best of the best nationally.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

What do you guys think of Silsbee being able to repeat as state championship? If we sTay healthy I really like our chances. 

Probably come down to Silsbee and Yates to bo to SA. Argyle lose their players to graduation?  Not sure what's out there in 4A this year. Silsbee should be a favorite. 

5 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

WB had a move in from Houston i believe.  From what ive heard a good role player with some size.

I look for WB to win their district this year.  Hopefully the pg thing gets worked out/or they go with someone else

Agreed WB should have a good year.  What is the "pg thing" that needs to get worked out?

• 4 weeks later...