Most dangerous offensive backfield

pakronos

3 hours ago, pakronos said:

blah blah blah...fact, wos didn't return the "glory years" until they dropped to playing super small ball. now, yes they have GREAT coaching and GREAT talent. however, the smaller schools that the my little ponies play, don't have GREAT  or GOOD athletes walking around the halls, so they get what they can. wos is fortunate to have athletes living there and going to school there. so yeah BIG FISH in a mudpuddle....BIG CATFISH in mud puddle more like it...scavengers...scavengers that prey on the weak.

Whenever y'all actually do something in 5A then you can talk. You said y'all are a "powerhouse" in our district... Tri district champs doesn't make you a powerhouse, it makes you average just like the rest of us in 22-5A. You talk like y'all have actually done something. Oh yeah, and go ahead and talk about Lumberton and how sucky we are of that makes you feel better. Fact is, your still not too impressive either.

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

'blah,blah, blah...." Yeah, that is how I start responding when I don't have a leg to stand on, either. But since you are so interested in "facts", let me lay a few on you:

Fact: West Orange-Stark's last 2 years in 5A: 16-4, An .800 winning percentange.

Fact: Port Arthur Memorial's last 2 years in 6A: 6-14. a .300 winning percentage.

Fact: In 2016, WO-S, a school of 580 students, played 16 games.  10 of those were against schools with a larger enrollment than WO-S.  

Fact: In 2016, Port Arthur Memorial, a school of 2,098 students played 13 games.  Only 2 of those were against schools with a larger enrollment than Memorial.

Fact: If you would have added WO-S' 580 students to the enrollments of Memorials' 13 opponents, 7 of Memorial's opponents would STILL have smaller enrollments than Memorial. 

Fact:  In 2016, West Orange-Stark faced 13 teams that made the playoffs.  That means 81% of the teams on the Mustangs' faced made the playoffs.

Fact: In 2016, Port Arthur Memorial faced 5 teams that made the playoffs.  That means that 38% of the teams that Memorial faced made the playoffs.

Fact: In 2016, West Orange-Stark faced 5 district champions in their 16 games. In their 5 games against district champions, West Orange-Stark was 5-0.

Fact: In 2016, Port Arthur Memorial faced 2 district champions, 22-5A co-champions Port Neches-Groves and Vidor, in their 13 games.  In their 2 games against district champions, Port Arthur Memorial was 1-1.

Fact: In 2016, West Orange-Stark faced 3 region champions.  Their record was 3-0 against those teams.

Fact: In 2016, Port Arthur Memorial faced 1 region champ. Their record was 0-1.

And who was the scavenger in this bunch?

Owwwcheeeeee!

On 7/31/2017 at 0:28 PM, pakronos said:

blah blah blah...fact, wos didn't return the "glory years" until they dropped to playing super small ball. now, yes they have GREAT coaching and GREAT talent. however, the smaller schools that the my little ponies play, don't have GREAT  or GOOD athletes walking around the halls, so they get what they can. wos is fortunate to have athletes living there and going to school there. so yeah BIG FISH in a mudpuddle....BIG CATFISH in mud puddle more like it...scavengers...scavengers that prey on the weak.

PA dropped a whole classification just to never make it out of regionals. A

On 7/31/2017 at 3:30 PM, png9mon said:

They won't have to get more touches, just the occasional fake handoff to, then reverse, then fake pass, then screen, then run, then pass back, we hold every option with our backfield speed & quarterback.

*Oh What Fun It Is To Run, Shug & Friends are on their way!!!!!!*

well that didn't pan out to well last year did it?? lol

On 7/31/2017 at 2:02 PM, WOSgrad said:

'blah,blah, blah...." Yeah, that is how I start responding when I don't have a leg to stand on, either. But since you are so interested in "facts", let me lay a few on you:

Fact: West Orange-Stark's last 2 years in 5A: 16-4, An .800 winning percentange.

Fact: Port Arthur Memorial's last 2 years in 6A: 6-14. a .300 winning percentage.

Fact: In 2016, WO-S, a school of 580 students, played 16 games.  10 of those were against schools with a larger enrollment than WO-S.  

Fact: In 2016, Port Arthur Memorial, a school of 2,098 students played 13 games.  Only 2 of those were against schools with a larger enrollment than Memorial.

Fact: If you would have added WO-S' 580 students to the enrollments of Memorials' 13 opponents, 7 of Memorial's opponents would STILL have smaller enrollments than Memorial. 

Fact:  In 2016, West Orange-Stark faced 13 teams that made the playoffs.  That means 81% of the teams on the Mustangs' faced made the playoffs.

Fact: In 2016, Port Arthur Memorial faced 5 teams that made the playoffs.  That means that 38% of the teams that Memorial faced made the playoffs.

Fact: In 2016, West Orange-Stark faced 5 district champions in their 16 games. In their 5 games against district champions, West Orange-Stark was 5-0.

Fact: In 2016, Port Arthur Memorial faced 2 district champions, 22-5A co-champions Port Neches-Groves and Vidor, in their 13 games.  In their 2 games against district champions, Port Arthur Memorial was 1-1.

Fact: In 2016, West Orange-Stark faced 3 region champions.  Their record was 3-0 against those teams.

Fact: In 2016, Port Arthur Memorial faced 1 region champ. Their record was 0-1.

And who was the scavenger in this bunch?

okay, and?? lol...first off, i'm PAM's toughest critic period. All this might be true, but what does this have to do with having the most dangerous back field?? PAM over the years has had THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE YEAR IN AND OUT SINCE DAY ONE. I know this , pick any WOS  tam you want to, and pit them against PAM opposition over the years, the pony boys and the 22-5A groupie teams would get SMOKED. PERIOD! pit PAM against ALL of the current 22-5A opposition from 2002-2015 PAM dominates...just like JC. ran all over wos in a game like scrimmage. After that EVERYONE ducked PAM. now, like i said catfish in a mud puddle...maybe LCM should dump some kids off over at wos and get them back into 5a and lets watched them get donkey stomped by PAM and not go past two rounds. to the lumberton losers, BEAT SOMEONE OTHER THAN CELLAR DWELLERS AND THEN MAYBE YOU CAN SIT AT THE TABLE WITH THE ADULTS. if PAM is so bad and thy mop the floor with you, what does that make you?? GEZ, I FORGOT I'M DEALING WITH PEOPLE THAT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS IS A BIG DEAL AND THAT'S ALL THAT'S NEEDED TO MAKE  YOU HAPPY LOL.

55 minutes ago, pakronos said:

okay, and?? lol...first off, i'm PAM's toughest critic period. All this might be true, but what does this have to do with having the most dangerous back field?? PAM over the years has had THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE YEAR IN AND OUT SINCE DAY ONE. I know this , pick any WOS  tam you want to, and pit them against PAM opposition over the years, the pony boys and the 22-5A groupie teams would get SMOKED. PERIOD! pit PAM against ALL of the current 22-5A opposition from 2002-2015 PAM dominates...just like JC. ran all over wos in a game like scrimmage. After that EVERYONE ducked PAM. now, like i said catfish in a mud puddle...maybe LCM should dump some kids off over at wos and get them back into 5a and lets watched them get donkey stomped by PAM and not go past two rounds. to the lumberton losers, BEAT SOMEONE OTHER THAN CELLAR DWELLERS AND THEN MAYBE YOU CAN SIT AT THE TABLE WITH THE ADULTS. if PAM is so bad and thy mop the floor with you, what does that make you?? GEZ, I FORGOT I'M DEALING WITH PEOPLE THAT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS IS A BIG DEAL AND THAT'S ALL THAT'S NEEDED TO MAKE  YOU HAPPY LOL.

Just to chime in and stir the pot..... I highlighted a part. That must be the PAM hype? Because I am not quite sure when the last time a PA school won a Championship......... WOS Grad can you help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on PAK. You need a group hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't play the victim here, kronos.  You don't fit.  You started this thread off when you decided to run down a guy who holds 11 offers from Power 5 conference universities by calling him a guy who is "merely a black dude in a white town" and try to make it sound like he wouldn't even see the field at that world football power called Port Arthur Memorial High.  I merely reminded you that the world power is not all that, so you decided to try your "big fish" crap.

So you got hit with the facts about who was the real "catfish in the mud puddle" and now you all mad.  You pump your chest and talk about how Memorial would crush everybody in 22-5A.  After being worked by the likes of Channelview and Deer Park, nearly falling to football superpower Baytown Sterling and being denied that feeling of just being happy to make the playoffs in 2014 and 2015, Memorial received a gift from the UIL as it, with a student enrollment of 2098, was placed in a district where it was at least 500 students bigger than all but one of its district opponents, that exception being noted great Baytown Lee (1-9 who was "only" 400 students less).

So you now you want to challenge lil WO-S, a school of all of 580 students (for those counting a school that Memorial is 3 1/2 times bigger than).  Who's next, Newton?  Maybe you want to see if Hull-Daisetta is available?  How about Chester?  Too bad your head coach is not willing to cash the checks that your big mouth is writing.  That's right, Thompson came asking and Harrison turned him down.

But I guess we in Mustang Land should just be happy with making the playoffs.  Never mind even dreaming about winning one of these

Image result for west orange-stark uil football state championship trophy

I mean, they only have 4 of them.

46 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Just to chime in and stir the pot..... I highlighted a part. That must be the PAM hype? Because I am not quite sure when the last time a PA school won a Championship......... WOS Grad can you help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on PAK. You need a group hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to help, my friend.  The last PA ISD state championship was Lincoln in 1955.  The last time a PA ISD school even played for a state championship was 1980. 

World power Memorial has NEVER played for a state championship.  The closest they got was in 2011 when they got half a hundred dropped on them in the only state semifinal that they ever appeared in.

15 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Glad to help, my friend.  The last PA ISD state championship was Lincoln in 1955.  The last time a PA ISD school even played for a state championship was 1980. 

World power Memorial has NEVER played for a state championship.  The closest they got was in 2011 when they got half a hundred dropped on them in the only state semifinal that they ever appeared in.

Thanks grad. Just wanted to help the fellow readers out in understanding this entertaining thread!!

The sad part about it is that by rather than just putting the tandem of Jones and Hines as the most dangerous backfield and leaving it there, for which he would probably would have been left alone, he decides to go after the most sought after footballer in the area. Hines and Jones probably head my list, although Johnson, a true varsity dual threat and Hughes, a very instinctive runner and great receiver out of the backfield, are not as far behind as ahem, one, would have you believe. 

Also, CardinalBacker is right that BC has a pretty impressive trio in Baker, Denton and Lara who will be grouped with DuBois to pose a pretty effective attack, the only question I would have their is that the line in front of them needs some experience.

One backfield that I think is getting the short stick in this discussion is Elia and Jones over at West Brook.  Elia can toss the rock around Jones will be pretty effective.

The Crosby folks have a pretty good gripe as well with the tandem of Howard and Williams.