First TV Games Decided for Broadcast/Crosby involved in "Look Ins"

WOSgrad

This is the hidden content, please

Fox Sports Southwest will have a Friday night doubleheader on September 1st: Shallowater at Idalou at 6 and Lake Travis at Converse Judson at 8:30.

They will also have live "Look Ins" on 10 games throughout the state:

Refugio at Hebbronville

Gilmer at Liberty Eylau

Colleyville Heritage at Aledo

Austin Vandegrift at Odessa Permian

Manvel at Crosby

Mercedes at Calallen

Laredo United at San Benito

Cedar Hill at Allen

Austin Westlake at Katy

Bushland at Canadian

26 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Man, I hope they look in early, like real early.  Like before kickoff and then just don't cut back to this one.

I was wondering what you were going to say when I first saw you had posted to this topic. It really did make me LOL when I read it. However, being the first game of the year and you're at home, I believe you will keep it close. I still think Manvel has too much and will ultimately prevail, but I think you guys will hang with them for the first half to three quarters.

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

Man, I hope they look in early, like real early.  Like before kickoff and then just don't cut back to this one.

58 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I was wondering what you were going to say when I first saw you had posted to this topic. It really did make me LOL when I read it. However, being the first game of the year and you're at home, I believe you will keep it close. I still think Manvel has too much and will ultimately prevail, but I think you guys will hang with them for the first half to three quarters.

I really like this year's Cougars and think they might grow in to being a very good team, but that is a tough Week 1 draw. 

Strap 'Em Up and let's go. 

2 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Kind of my sentiment. Was a little disappointed that now that the six weeks is up and we've moved to player led workouts they've become so short? Some of the kids were at the house watching videos Manvel posted of their workouts when I went home on lunch today. Last year they were told that they pretty much didn't have a chance, I think it semi-worked but maybe it's counterproductive to keep telling them that?  

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Kind of my sentiment. Was a little disappointed that now that the six weeks is up and we've moved to player led workouts they've become so short? Some of the kids were at the house watching videos Manvel posted of their workouts when I went home on lunch today. Last year they were told that they pretty much didn't have a chance, I think it semi-worked but maybe it's counterproductive to keep telling them that?  

Honestly, the depth is just overwhelming from Manvel.  I looked at what I think was the top 50 list of middle linebackers and Manvel had 3 on the list.  THREE!  How the heck you have 3 middle LB's on a top 50 list in all classifications?  That's all I needed to see.  

4 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Lol. Manvel is definitely loaded. Main thing is come away injury free and should know without a doubt who is a gamer after this one. I remember when Dayton used to schedule way up non district. In 2010 Dayton played IKE,  Angleton when they had Diggs and tons of talent. Then followed that up with a Elkins team that was stacked. Started off 0-3 but ran the table after that and wound up going 3 rounds deep and catching LM I believe. I think I will be catching this game. Crosby has the best atmosphere in our district and the facilities are nice.

16 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Honestly, the depth is just overwhelming from Manvel.  I looked at what I think was the top 50 list of middle linebackers and Manvel had 3 on the list.  THREE!  How the heck you have 3 middle LB's on a top 50 list in all classifications?  That's all I needed to see.  

Yeah, they should be moving back up to 6A after this season so the depth is unquestioned. If you go through the classes they probably have about 10-12 D1 kids on the roster too. People worry about Preston because he's ranked so high but I actually think the better receiver is Kam Scott who just committed to Missouri. The running back Deneric Prince is committed to A&M and so is the outside linebacker who runs 4.4. One of the corners is committed to Penn State but the other guy is probably a better cover corner, just small. Left tackle is about 6-5 and 300lbs committed to Texas State and the qb is committed to North Texas on top or a roster loaded with stud underclassmen. I was hoping Shadow Creek opening would hurt them a little more these last couple of years but it doesn't look like it.

All that being said, they were just as talented last year and I thought we played ok. It was a fumble returned for a TD and our third and long defense which allowed Preston that 85-yarder and Jolivette some long runs which hurt us. If we can get anything out of the running game and Jaiden takes care of the ball I think we can make it a contest.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 9:18 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, they should be moving back up to 6A after this season so the depth is unquestioned. If you go through the classes they probably have about 10-12 D1 kids on the roster too. People worry about Preston because he's ranked so high but I actually think the better receiver is Kam Scott who just committed to Missouri. The running back Deneric Prince is committed to A&M and so is the outside linebacker who runs 4.4. One of the corners is committed to Penn State but the other guy is probably a better cover corner, just small. Left tackle is about 6-5 and 300lbs committed to Texas State and the qb is committed to North Texas on top or a roster loaded with stud underclassmen. I was hoping Shadow Creek opening would hurt them a little more these last couple of years but it doesn't look like it.

All that being said, they were just as talented last year and I thought we played ok. It was a fumble returned for a TD and our third and long defense which allowed Preston that 85-yarder and Jolivette some long runs which hurt us. If we can get anything out of the running game and Jaiden takes care of the ball I think we can make it a contest.   

Dang bro... Your research is on point. Kam Scott is very dangerous with wheels. I don't think we will go back to 6A until around 2020'ish... well that's the word around here.

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

So Manvel just got a stud move in RB from Frenship, just what they needed.  Ohhhhhhboy!

1 hour ago, songone said:

Yeah... He's big and fast too. Looked good!

Going to be a tough opener but I know the Coogs will be prepared and lay it all on the field. 

18 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Going to be a tough opener but I know the Coogs will be prepared and lay it all on the field. 

Coogs played their ass off last year in Manvel. JMO but if Netherly went back to WR I think things work much different in the playoffs last year. The back up QB wasn't shabby at all. First game... It should be a good one.