Roschon Johnson commits to The University of Texas

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 7:49 AM, 2wedge said:

What other offers? When UT calls, you answer. He has a chance to play for one of the premier programs in the nation, under one of the premier coaches in the nation. This is a no brainer and I look forward to cheering for this kid for the next 6 years or so!

Lets not go overboard here.  UT hasn't been a premier program in 10 years.  And the coach is so far unproven in a big program like UT.  Anyway, Congrats to Roschon!

On 8/4/2017 at 1:51 PM, bigdog said:

Lets not go overboard here.  UT hasn't been a premier program in 10 years.  And the coach is so far unproven in a big program like UT.  Anyway, Congrats to Roschon!

Some programs exist in a different space. I think everybody understood what he meant. Would've been different if he said A&M or something. 

According to an article I read somewhere Roschon set goals for himself all the way back in 5th grade I believe. 1 was to be the starting QB for PNG by a certain age ( i do not remember). 2 Win an SC with PNG 3 Play for UT then there were two more I believe but not sure. SO yes this is his dream always has been. He could have played just about anywhere. The offers he got while he was just 15 years old were staggering. He has stuck by his dreams by making this choice but I believe Tom Herman had a sway in it

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

According to an article I read somewhere Roschon set goals for himself all the way back in 5th grade I believe. 1 was to be the starting QB for PNG by a certain age ( i do not remember). 2 Win an SC with PNG 3 Play for UT then there were two more I believe but not sure. SO yes this is his dream always has been. He could have played just about anywhere. The offers he got while he was just 15 years old were staggering. He has stuck by his dreams by making this choice but I believe Tom Herman had a sway in it

The kid is gud . That's why I wish the game between w.o.s and them wasn't a scrimmage. I would love to see it. Even with all the senior's that w.o lost the secondary probably be one of there strength. 

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Some programs exist in a different space. I think everybody understood what he meant. Would've been different if he said A&M or something. 

Not to get into a UT/A&M debate here, but they are both pretty much in the same space right now.  10 years ago, no.  Now, neither one have been real successful.  Like Grad said, Roschon  has had his heart set on going there, more power to him.

1 hour ago, dj said:

The kid is gud . That's why I wish the game between w.o.s and them wasn't a scrimmage. I would love to see it. Even with all the senior's that w.o lost the secondary probably be one of there strength. 

So u I'm gonna wrinkle a couple of feathers wen I say this. If png are able to run the ball this year to take the pressure off him from having to do everything.  Png will win the District. 

10 minutes ago, dj said:

So u I'm gonna wrinkle a couple of feathers wen I say this. If png are able to run the ball this year to take the pressure off him from having to do everything.  Png will win the District. 

I cannot speak to my on because I have been sick and unable to attend practice but one area of concern for PNG and even happiness by some on here is the o line. According to coach Faircloth and he doesn't pass out strong praise a lot the O line is looking great. If they are a good unit giving protection and running lanes Hughes and Roschon are both very fast. For a rare season, PNG will be fast on offense. The will have the speed to spare. I also heard the front 7 on defense looked pretty darn good as well.I am not making any predictions this early but do believe that PAM and PNG as wells as my surprise pick Central will be looking to be in the DC hunt. Question mark in this as well is Nederland. A lot of kids with playing time last season is back. 

Roschon is a model student with great grades and a positive Christian attitude. He will go far in this world with or without football. I hope to see him on Sundays one day down he road. WIth his growth this summer, he is close to that of the size of a college QB one listing has him at 6'3" but that is unconfirmed...

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Roschon is a model student with great grades and a positive Christian attitude. He will go far in this world with or without football. I hope to see him on Sundays one day down he road. WIth his growth this summer, he is close to that of the size of a college QB one listing has him at 6'3" but that is unconfirmed...

Lol not 6'3 at least not yet

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, 2wedge said:

What other offers? When UT calls, you answer. He has a chance to play for one of the premier programs in the nation, under one of the premier coaches in the nation. This is a no brainer and I look forward to cheering for this kid for the next 6 years or so!

please Texas isn't a premier program, Whens the last time they played for National title, yeah that's right when Vince Young played QB. Im not knocking them im sure with Hurst  at Alabama he would and could have been playing for a national title, although I do like the coaching change that Texas has made should make them a hell of a lot better team. Like I said this is RJs dream I say go for it son, doesn't matter where he plays I will be pulling for him except if they play LSU lol

17 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

please Texas isn't a premier program, Whens the last time they played for National title, yeah that's right when Vince Young played QB. Im not knocking them im sure with Hurst  at Alabama he would and could have been playing for a national title, although I do like the coaching change that Texas has made should make them a hell of a lot better team. Like I said this is RJs dream I say go for it son, doesn't matter where he plays I will be pulling for him except if they play LSU lol

Actually, the last time they played for a national title was January 7th, 2010, when Colt McCoy was QB.

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

One of the top three jobs in the nation and no one can argue that if Texas wins a very winnable big 12, they will always be in the college football playoff.

3 hours ago, hookem14 said:

Actually, the last time they played for a national title was January 7th, 2010, when Colt McCoy was QB.

I stand corrected thanks, I don't follow the steers lol but now that RJ has chosen them I will. I see they are getting some damn good recruits, that is where it all starts

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, bigdog said:

Not to get into a UT/A&M debate here, but they are both pretty much in the same space right now.  10 years ago, no.  Now, neither one have been real successful.  Like Grad said, Roschon  has had his heart set on going there, more power to him.

Lord have mercy. Same space?! Geez.