New Uniforms??

pakronos

12 hours ago, prepballfan said:

The mighty 1989 PN-G Indian quarterfinalist. Featuring Ron McGill, Bryan Bost, Shane the man Droddy, and many other great athletes.

i was a freshman in highschool...i remember i had a class with a bunch of seniors who was on the team talking mad ish the whole week...Monday came, i said what happend??? lol...i was told to stfu and i quietly took my seat lol

11 hours ago, pakronos said:

that was only the away uniforms...when they played at home, it was just purple with white lettering, no zig zag

I forgot about Keith Waguespack he was one hell of a kicker. Come to think of it all of PNG's teams I witnessed go to the quarterfinals or better had great kickers. Keith was an all American for PN-G as a kicker and went on to kick for Texas A&M. He was a special player

In my time, the most talent team and best coached we have seen..... 96 a close 2nd, then the 99 team. If we where not so banged up and didn't run into Cliff Groce, who ended up in the NFL, we had a shot. That's back in the days of only 2 teams get in and you play the gauntlet. No D1 or D2.......  zig Zags where cool back then, but kinda outdated now IMO.....

14 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

They do pull out "throwback" jerseys at least once a season.

I'm sure the kids enjoy getting to wear them

Would be fun to seem some the area teams bust out the old/throwback uniforms when they play each other: PNG/WOS, Ned/WOS, if PAM did one for TJ/Lincoln/SFA at different points in the year. Sounds like some PNG faithful would completely go bananas if the "zig-zags" were brought back. Unreasonable to think it could be done, but fun to think/talk about.