Medicaid.

Reagan

When Medicaid was instituted, there 4 million people on it.  When obama became President,  there were 50 Million people on it.  Because of obamacare, when he left there were 73.5 Million people on it.  obamacare shifted a lot of the Medicaid program to the states.  Illinois is already feeling the drastic effects of this.  Illinois is on the verge of bankruptcy.  So -- AGAIN -- another failed government program.  BTW -- should we talk about the US Postal Service losing billions and billions of dollars each quarter?  I have my on theory what the Postal Service has become.  Why is it still allowed to run losing this massive amount of money?   Especially when private company's can do better!

How dare he help people get coverage...your numbers might me a bit inflated. States had the option to use the Medicaid expansion to help bridge the gap for those who made too little to shop on the exchange and too much to get Medicaid. This has saved a lot of lives, but you don't care. Texas opted out.

13 minutes ago, Big girl said:

How dare he help people get coverage...your numbers might me a bit inflated. States had the option to use the Medicaid expansion to help bridge the gap for those who made too little to shop on the exchange and too much to get Medicaid. This has saved a lot of lives, but you don't care. Texas opted out.

Show some proof of this...and show where lives are lost when states opt out.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Could those lives also be saved if the recipients weren't allowed to mooch off the government, forced to find jobs, and thus able to secure healthcare for themselves?

stevenash makes good money.  If he quits his job, and no longer makes any money, I can "save his life" by buying him food and water.  That being said, if he starts working again, he can "save" his own life without needing others to pay for it.  

33 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Could those lives also be saved if the recipients weren't allowed to mooch off the government, forced to find jobs, and thus able to secure healthcare for themselves?

stevenash makes good money.  If he quits his job, and no longer makes any money, I can "save his life" by buying him food and water.  That being said, if he starts working again, he can "save" his own life without needing others to pay for it.  

One has to have a job, and make a certain amount of money to shop on the exchange, so how are they mooching?

39 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Medicaid expansion provides Insurance for those who made too much money to qualify for Medicaid and too little to shop on the exchange. They made provisions for those people ,so that they could have coverage. They have jobs, so your comment is null and void.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Medicaid expansion provides Insurance for those who made too much money to qualify for Medicaid and too little to shop on the exchange. They made provisions for those people ,so that they could have coverage. They have jobs, so your comment is null and void.

What about the people needing Medicare that Medicaid is sucking the life blood out of? Where is your compassion for those who did pay in? Don't act like a compassionate person when all you want is for YOUR bread to be buttered at someone else's expense.

13 hours ago, Big girl said:

I deal with many, many people who have Medicaid and no job, or part-time jobs.  

11 minutes ago, new tobie said:

The poor are republican base are the ones needing government assistance the most, because they are the majority. The poor republicans are willing to cut benefits for poor minorities even if he hurts them.

Do you actually think before you post? (That's just a rhetorical question. We all know the answer.)

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

The poor are republican base are the ones needing government assistance the most, because they are the majority. The poor republicans are willing to cut benefits for poor minorities even if he hurts them.

Who's going to pay for this?  There is not a money tree.

2 hours ago, new tobie said:

I can't make heads nor tails of this.

36 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I think he is saying the majority of those in need of gov assistance are Republicans...those same Republicans are willing to cut their own benefits just to stick it to poor minorities.

lol

Yep, just new tobie's inarticulate way of calling all White people racist. I'm curious as to why false accusations of racism are not met with the same vigor as racist remarks. In a way, his continuous false accusations are the biggest contributor in allowing true acts of racism to occur. So many false accusations are lobbed that one has to ignore the many allegations...thus allowing the true acts of racism to be ignored. But he thinks he is being cute.

4 hours ago, Englebert said:

Yep, just new tobie's inarticulate way of calling all White people racist. I'm curious as to why false accusations of racism are not met with the same vigor as racist remarks. In a way, his continuous false accusations are the biggest contributor in allowing true acts of racism to occur. So many false accusations are lobbed that one has to ignore the many allegations...thus allowing the true acts of racism to be ignored. But he thinks he is being cute.

Poor republicans are the majority. Poor republicans accept many government benefits and assistance. trump wants to cut these benefits that the poor count on to survive. 

7 hours ago, Englebert said:

Do you actually think before you post? (That's just a rhetorical question. We all know the answer.)

Yes I think before I post. If I posted what you wanted to hear, you would have no problem. The president says some crazy arse sh.....and you have no complaints.

27 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Yes I think before I post. If I posted what you wanted to hear, you would have no problem. The president says some crazy arse sh.....and you have no complaints.

No, it is you that says some crazy stuff.

And you only hear what you want to hear and see what you want to see. That has been proven time and time again on this board. It's childish but oh so entertaining. And a few of us actually predicted that you would get on here and complain that we blindly follow Trump after we were criticizing him. I guess you had no comment on that thread. Just as well, it would have been a childish quip anyways.

5 hours ago, Englebert said:

It's either pot stirring or a really sad view of the world.  Either way, I've come to put no importance on it.