Best Program in SETX? (Golden T)

D3zii

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Stowers had great years.  

2005 - district championship

2006 - Great season - 2nd round loss

2008 - best season in Jaguar history

But let's not forget about that horrible 2007 season.  And we were not in lack of talent either.  Something to think about.  

Imo, I would've said Suggs was better, back when he coached at 88 Jaguar Dr.

Not a big enough body of work, he was only there 2 years even though he did go 18-6.  If I had to choose one of the 2 to be the head coach of my team, it would be Stowers...

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Stowers had great years.  

2005 - district championship

2006 - Great season - 2nd round loss

2008 - best season in Jaguar history

But let's not forget about that horrible 2007 season.  And we were not in lack of talent either.  Something to think about.  

Imo, I would've said Suggs was better, back when he coached at 88 Jaguar Dr.

Yea that 07 season was a disappointment,..i will say Central had no OC (Ozen took Rison and Bell went to Legacy ) so it was a coach by commity for the offense ..i believe when Stowers had a full coaching staff they were the best in the area 

Suggs was definitely a good coach but I imo Stowers surrounded himself with better coaches ..Suggs had the defense but the offense he had lacked with so much talent unlike Stowers who hired really good OCs and wasn't afraid to go out of the area and get them 

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Before last year, I had no information about PNG. I had always seen them as a rival. As I should, every single person from my family's last generation on both sides are Lincoln graduates and proud of it. I wanted that too. Fast forward, today, though I don't have the emotional attachment to the school or history as other PNG fans do, I can definitely appreciate that wins and losses record. That's a long list of arses kicked in the history of an old football program. 

Question- what would memorials record be if, SFA, TJ, and LHS records were included in theirs?

Here are the records of Port Arthur ISD schools:

Thomas Jefferson: 587-286-59

Lincoln: 174-169-12

SFA: 374-289-22

Memorial: 95-69-0

If my math is correct, that would make the combined record of Port Arthur ISD schools: 1230-813-93 for a .598 winning percentage

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

If my math is correct, that would make the combined record of Port Arthur ISD schools: 1230-813-93 for a .598 winning percentage

It's amazing looking back at the number of ties teams (TJ/SFA) had.  I definitely prefer the new overtime system.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Awesome thanks

West Brook can't be second for one major reason. Playoff wins. I'm a product of West Brook and I can tell you that in the early 90's when WB had some of the best talent around would go 10-0 in the regular season and lose the first playoff game. I remember WB cruising through the regular season multiple times only to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. I don't care what classification of competition your playing at, if you can't consistently win atleast a couple of playoff games most years, you can't expect to be in the talks of top program in the area. Also, WOS plays every year with almost no depth on their roster meaning they are fortunate if they even have 2 deep at every position.

14 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Numbers for the SETX programs:

Total Wins

1.    Groveton - 641

2.    Jasper - 612

3.    Port Neches-Groves - 579

4.    Barbers Hill - 571

5.    Baytown Lee - 567

6.    Hull-Daisetta - 548

7.    Newton - 544

Nederland - 544

9.    Dayton - 528

10.  Silsbee - 504

11.   Liberty - 495

12.   Kirbyville - 444

13.   Crosby - 442

14.   Corrigan-Camden - 440

Woodville - 440

16.   Anahuac - 409

17.   San Augustine - 393

18.   Cleveland - 392

19.   West Orange-Stark - 384

20.   East Chambers - 382

21.   Coldspring-Oakhurst - 378

22.   Hamshire-Fannett - 322

23.   Orangefield - 315

24.   Bridge City - 310

25.   Diboll - 308

26.   Hemphill - 296

27.   Hardin-Jefferson - 292

28.   Little Cypress-Mauriceville - 291

29.   Buna - 288

30 - Colmesneil - 285

31 - Vidor - 261

32 - Burkeville - 248

33 - Warren - 243

34 - West Sabine - 241

Evadale - 241

36.   Splendora - 240

37.   Beaumont West Brook - 237

38.   Hardin - 233

39.   Baytown Sterling - 230

Shepherd - 230

41.   Huffman Hargrave - 226

42.   Kountze - 215

43.   West Hardin - 213

44.   Deweyville - 198

45.   Beaumont Central - 183

46.   Tarkington - 176

47.    Lumberton - 171

48.    Port Arthur Memorial - 95

49.    Beaumont Ozen - 90

50.   Sabine Pass - 75

51.   Huntington - 41

52.   Goose Creek Memorial - 34

What about since 1978? I mean really, what else do you have to do?

4 hours ago, D3zii said:

Yea that 07 season was a disappointment,..i will say Central had no OC (Ozen took Rison and Bell went to Legacy ) so it was a coach by commity for the offense ..i believe when Stowers had a full coaching staff they were the best in the area 

Suggs was definitely a good coach but I imo Stowers surrounded himself with better coaches ..Suggs had the defense but the offense he had lacked with so much talent unlike Stowers who hired really good OCs and wasn't afraid to go out of the area and get them 

Ok, I was on Bell Cobbs staff over at Legacy in 07...

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

West Brook can't be second for one major reason. Playoff wins. I'm a product of West Brook and I can tell you that in the early 90's when WB had some of the best talent around would go 10-0 in the regular season and lose the first playoff game. I remember WB cruising through the regular season multiple times only to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. I don't care what classification of competition your playing at, if you can't consistently win atleast a couple of playoff games most years, you can't expect to be in the talks of top program in the area. Also, WOS plays every year with almost no depth on their roster meaning they are fortunate if they even have 2 deep at every position.

Hmm... sounds like Crosby.

4 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Very true indeed, but I think that goes to BISD not having/retaining good coaches..Athletes have never been short in Beaumont but good coaching has.

Another thing with communities with one High school is the kids learn the offense/defense chemistry at an early age..

My decade teams since 2006

1. WOS

2. Newton

3. Kirbyville

4. Coldspring

5. Dayton

6. East Chambers

7. West Brook

8. PAM

9. PNG

10. Nederland

Just because teams are ranked above for better programs doesn't mean they would beat the lower teams head to head. Talking playoff trips, how deep they went, etc for their respective classification.

9 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

6 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Hmm... sounds like Crosby.

Can't argue with that. The semi final run was 3 years ago. Crosby has improved from being a perennial 3rd or 4th place team in district to being the consistent top team in 21-5A, but besides the semifinal run 3 years ago we can't get past the second round. Until we can put 2 to 3 rounds on the books in most seasons we can't be considered an elite team. With that said, Crosby has a better program than 94.35% of all setx programs. 

2 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Can't argue with that. The semi final run was 3 years ago. Crosby has improved from being a perennial 3rd or 4th place team in district to being the consistent top team in 21-5A, but besides the semifinal run 3 years ago we can't get past the second round. Until we can put 2 to 3 rounds on the books in most seasons we can't be considered an elite team. With that said, Crosby has a better program than 94.35% of all setx programs. 

94.35%?? That's a lot of teams..I would probably say 85%

21 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Newton should be proud of all they've accomplished, but I believe they just don't get the same level of respect because they play in such a smaller division than most of the other "good" programs in the area. 

It's hard to say "we're the best" when there are probably 15 programs in the area (bigger schools) that would beat you on your best year. 

I admire the dedication and consistent results they get up there, though. It's impressive. Kinda like having a really neat model of a corvette instead of an actual corvette. 

WOS has my vote. 

And a big shout-out to Silsbee Tiger fans for not nominating themselves in this one. 

LOL...Always gotta get in that dig at Silsbee. 

WO-S has won 80% of its games over a 40-year period.  Think about that for a moment. Impressive.  Plus, they have a nice collection of what really matters, championship hardware.  Strong resume from a strong program.  Tip of the cap to Newton.  Solid argument for the #2 slot.

Go Indians.  Peace.

9 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

My decade teams since 2006

1. WOS

2. Newton

3. Kirbyville

4. Coldspring

5. Dayton

6. East Chambers

7. West Brook

8. PAM

9. PNG

10. Nederland

Just because teams are ranked above for better programs doesn't mean they would beat the lower teams head to head. Talking playoff trips, how deep they went, etc for their respective classification.

My gut tells me Nederland has had a better body than PNG since 2006.

10 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

7 hours ago, TexazBall said:

94.35%?? That's a lot of teams..I would probably say 85%

Tough crowd. Tough crowd. I get no respect!!! ;-)