Artificial Sweetners Linked to Weight Gain

Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

Now this is the sort of thing that makes be look at researchers with disbelief.  Think about it.  Who consumes the Artificial Sweetners, the guy who is 5'10" tall, eats 6 doughnuts and more food than he should and still has a 30" waist & weighs 150 lbs, or like me, who weighs 250 and gains four pounds watching a McDonalds commercial on TV?   This is the equivalent of taking a political poll of "Do you like Trump" in any black neighborhood, or the same poll on this Forum.  Skewed results.  I could easily gain weight with AS or with water.  These buffons need to be researching a pill that allows me to eat all the bar-b-q I want, and still lose two pounds. :) 

They might be trying to make 2+2=7. 

I saw a study one time (and I do not dispute the results) that people watch more than 4 hours of television a day were significantly more likely to have a heart attack at a younger age. So, does the television cause heart attacks or it just more likely that people that sit around and watch television all day don’t get any exercise? If a guy watches 6 hours a day on the tube but then jogs 3 miles a day, is he as likely to have that cardiac problem as the guy who watches only 4 hours but never gets into any activity?

3 hours ago, tvc184 said:

They might be trying to make 2+2=7. 

I saw a study one time (and I do not dispute the results) that people watch more than 4 hours of television a day were significantly more likely to have a heart attack at a younger age. So, does the television cause heart attacks or it just more likely that people that sit around and watch television all day don’t get any exercise? If a guy watches 6 hours a day on the tube but then jogs 3 miles a day, is he as likely to have that cardiac problem as the guy who watches only 4 hours but never gets into any activity?

I'd like a study done on how much money is wasted on studies?  Yesterday had a teacher tell me, You wouldn't believe the number of students that come back to school in the fall that have put on weight (gotten fatter).  To many kids aren't active.  Jmo, being physically fit through your teenage years will lengthen your life.  Kid that lives next door to me hardly ever stops.  Goes to the gym in the AM to workout.  Back in the evening to play basketball.  Went to Dr. Last week, heartbeat 50 times a minute.  Eats everything he can get his mouth on.  Some of his friends park in the house with their X-boxes, or whatever.  We never went in the house in the summer (course we didn't have X-boxes lol).