Ronald Reagan's daughter

Big girl

From Patti Davis, daughter of Ronald Reagan 

In six short months Donald Trump, the president who doesn’t know how to be one, has tipped America off its position as the most powerful country in the world and left us scrambling in the dust, trying to remember who we are and who we are supposed to be on the international stage. David Gergen pointed out how sad and sobering it was to see, at the G-20 summit, that America is no longer the major player. I would add that what is particularly sobering is how quickly power can be dismantled. Our democracy was supposed to be invincible — that’s what many of us had come to believe. But that isn’t true. One man, whose arrogance and ego lead him trippingly into chaos of his own making, can turn a shining city on the hill into a shadowy, tawdry replica of itself. Where once we had currency in the world, we are now left holding fool’s gold.
I would just like to point out that I have never seen a group of people acquainted with so many Russians. I’ve met two Russian people in my entire life, and one of them was a refrigerator repair man. The fact that every other person the Trumps know is Russian should have tipped us off a year ago that something was amiss. But I digress.

The almost Shakespearean irony of Donald Trump as president is that his worst fear — that of being ridiculed and disregarded — is precisely what he has created by his own actions. If he was quiet for five minutes he might hear the echo of Putin’s laughter carried on the wind across countries and oceans. But Trump’s ego is a loud, boisterous thing and will never allow him to hear anything that might cause him to reflect.

I hate to end on a chilling note, but I’m going to. Our democracy, and the dignity of America, is wounded and bleeding out. It doesn’t mean that it can’t be restored and healed, but not by this administration. And it will only get worse if those intent on making excuses continue saying that Trump and his extended family are new at this governing thing, and are just bumbling a bit. They know exactly what they’re doing. And so does the rest of the world.

9 minutes ago, Big girl said:

In six short months Donald Trump, the president who doesn’t know how to be one, has tipped America off its position as the most powerful country in the world and left us scrambling in the dust, trying to remember who we are and who we are supposed to be on the international stage. David Gergen pointed out how sad and sobering it was to see, at the G-20 summit, that America is no longer the major player. I would add that what is particularly sobering is how quickly power can be dismantled. Our democracy was supposed to be invincible — that’s what many of us had come to believe. But that isn’t true. One man, whose arrogance and ego lead him trippingly into chaos of his own making, can turn a shining city on the hill into a shadowy, tawdry replica of itself. Where once we had currency in the world, we are now left holding fool’s gold.
I would just like to point out that I have never seen a group of people acquainted with so many Russians. I’ve met two Russian people in my entire life, and one of them was a refrigerator repair man. The fact that every other person the Trumps know is Russian should have tipped us off a year ago that something was amiss. But I digress.

The almost Shakespearean irony of Donald Trump as president is that his worst fear — that of being ridiculed and disregarded — is precisely what he has created by his own actions. If he was quiet for five minutes he might hear the echo of Putin’s laughter carried on the wind across countries and oceans. But Trump’s ego is a loud, boisterous thing and will never allow him to hear anything that might cause him to reflect.

I hate to end on a chilling note, but I’m going to. Our democracy, and the dignity of America, is wounded and bleeding out. It doesn’t mean that it can’t be restored and healed, but not by this administration. And it will only get worse if those intent on making excuses continue saying that Trump and his extended family are new at this governing thing, and are just bumbling a bit. They know exactly what they’re doing. And so does the rest of the world.

What does Patty Davis think of other presidents....or is this the only one she has an opinion of? As a sure fire follower of Davis, you should be able to come back with a quick answer. Or is this something you stumbled upon while Googling?

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Any sane person documenting Davis' statements would have to ask her "What makes you feel this way? What things has Trump done that make you think our standing in the world has diminished? What evidence has you convinced that our democracy is in jeopardy?" I'm positive the answers would be along the lines of "uh, uh, uh" followed by some asinine childish statements about how Trump is acting childish. We've been seeing this scenario over and over since Trump won the election. For you to think this rant has relevance says much about you personally. Tell her to back up her statements with some supporting evidence then get back to us. Until then, this is just snowflake gibberish.

57 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Any sane person documenting Davis' statements would have to ask her "What makes you feel this way? What things has Trump done that make you think our standing in the world has diminished? What evidence has you convinced that our democracy is in jeopardy?" I'm positive the answers would be along the lines of "uh, uh, uh" followed by some asinine childish statements about how Trump is acting childish. We've been seeing this scenario over and over since Trump won the election. For you to think this rant has relevance says much about you personally. Tell her to back up her statements with some supporting evidence then get back to us. Until then, this is just snowflake gibberish.

Wow!! Have you not been watching t.v.? Your ignorance is astonishing. 

Patti Davis was never one of us.  She holds your views.  So, nothing new here.

24 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Wow!! Have you not been watching t.v.? Your ignorance is astonishing. 

Please explain it to me then. After your failed attempts at armchair psychology your astonishing ignorance will be on full display, but please give it your best effort.

Or how about I just do the same and see how you feel. You are a pedophile. Your pedophilia disease puts the whole RN profession in jeopardy. Young boys and girls cannot seek medical attention for fear of being molested, thus the whole healthcare system is in fact in jeopardy. And please don't ask me to backup my original contention of your disease, as Liberal logic dictates that supporting evidence of accusations is not necessary.

Why does it matter what she thought of other Presidents?. I posted her opinion of Trump. I am not a fan of Patti Davis. I saw her comment and I agreed with her, wholeheartedly.

All one has to do is stick a mic in the face of, or jot down a few opinions from anyone against Trump and you agree "wholeheartedly". Unbelievable. You can't voice your opinion except for the uh uh uh like Englebert said, so you rely on others to do your thinking for you. Typical lib.

Just because Reagan was a great president does not mean his offspring inherited the same genes, akin to my believing your parents were smart.

Let’s see, 320 million people in this country and we now have the opinion of one of them. 

Maybe we need about 500 million new threads in this forum so we can varying opinions from one person on, let’s say, the last five presidents. 

6 hours ago, Englebert said:

Please explain it to me then. After your failed attempts at armchair psychology your astonishing ignorance will be on full display, but please give it your best effort.

Or how about I just do the same and see how you feel. You are a pedophile. Your pedophilia disease puts the whole RN profession in jeopardy. Young boys and girls cannot seek medical attention for fear of being molested, thus the whole healthcare system is in fact in jeopardy. And please don't ask me to backup my original contention of your disease, as Liberal logic dictates that supporting evidence of accusations is not necessary.

What she is saying is true. There is a difference.: )

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

BG- If you approve of those comments wholeheartedly, would that mean you also approved of Ronald Reagan wholeheartedly?

Nope. I didn't like Ronald Reagan. What does that have to do with me agreeing with her assessment.of Trump? People have a right to their opinion. Don't hate

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

What she is saying is true. There is a difference.: )

You are easily manipulated. She doesn't back any of her statements with supporting evidence. She doesn't give any examples of behaviors that lead her to her conclusions. But you read this and whole-heartedly agree solely because it fits your narrative. That is just very sad.

Since you whole-heartedly agree with her, and she fails to give examples of her contentions, how about you fill in the blanks. What things has Trump done that make you think our standing in the world has diminished? What evidence has you convinced that our democracy is in jeopardy?

Big Girl, since you whole-heartedly agree with Patti Davis, what is a Shakespearean irony? ......Google...Google.....Google.....

As for losing our dignity, having dignity is exactly what Trump exhibited by pulling out of the Paris accord. That is being a leader of the free world and leading by example. It certainly did not separate or exclude us from the world picture. It has always been "the world" and the United States. We have been the most successful society in the history of mankind and others follow our lead or sit back and question it. Either way, the naysayers abound, and people such as yourself are that group. It does not begin to halt our leadership capabilities. 

Now, sit back and twiddle your fingers contemplating the demise of our country while the big boys show you how leading the free world is done.

Anyone with one iota of sense would realize how asinine she is when she stated, "that America is no longer the major player".  Let America have a major depression like we had in the 30's, and see what happens to the worlds economy.  Or, contemplate if America suddenly no longer existed - poof, it's gone, what would happen in the rest of the world?  American consumers spend more money, by far, than anyone else.  And America is the biggest importer by far.  Now, think of any other country disappearing.  The US would still be trucking.  New industries would be built to replace what we were getting from China, Russia, or whoever.

Not the major player?  Written by someone who knows little.  America is THE PLAYER.

38 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Anyone with one iota of sense would realize how asinine she is when she stated, "that America is no longer the major player".  Let America have a major depression like we had in the 30's, and see what happens to the worlds economy.  Or, contemplate if America suddenly no longer existed - poof, it's gone, what would happen in the rest of the world?  American consumers spend more money, by far, than anyone else.  And America is the biggest importer by far.  Now, think of any other country disappearing.  The US would still be trucking.  New industries would be built to replace what we were getting from China, Russia, or whoever.

Not the major player?  Written by someone who knows little.  America is THE PLAYER.

Despite the concentrated efforts of many to make America something less.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:27 AM, baddog said:

Big Girl, since you whole-heartedly agree with Patti Davis, what is a Shakespearean irony? ......Google...Google.....Google.....

As for losing our dignity, having dignity is exactly what Trump exhibited by pulling out of the Paris accord. That is being a leader of the free world and leading by example. It certainly did not separate or exclude us from the world picture. It has always been "the world" and the United States. We have been the most successful society in the history of mankind and others follow our lead or sit back and question it. Either way, the naysayers abound, and people such as yourself are that group. It does not begin to halt our leadership capabilities. 

Now, sit back and twiddle your fingers contemplating the demise of our country while the big boys show you how leading the free world is done.

Roflmbo...do you really believe that? He lies all of the time. His 3am tweets are contradictory. He nodded off during the G20 summit, someone had to wake him. (I thought he had stamina) He gave a speech, I believe in Paris. When he was talking other world leaders laughed. Didn't the Chancelor of Germany say that he is a disgrace (It might have been another country)? A lot of his administration are under investigation, because of their ties to Russia. Trump Jr met with a Russian to "get dirt" on Hilliary. His healthcare bill is a disaster. A lot of people will lose coverage. ( never mind, he couldnt garner enough votes) No one takes him seriously. The North Koreans keep testing missles despite his "stern" warnings. There is a lot more, but I am tired of typing.

31 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Roflmbo...do you really believe that? He lies all of the time. His 3am tweets are contradictory. He nodded off during the G20 summit, someone had to wake him. (I thought he had stamina) He gave a speech, I believe in Paris. When he was talking other world leaders laughed. Didn't the Chancelor of Germany say that he is a disgrace (It might have been another country)? A lot of his administration are under investigation, because of their ties to Russia. Trump Jr met with a Russian to "get dirt" on Hilliary. His healthcare bill is a disaster. A lot of people will lose coverage. ( never mind, he couldnt garner enough votes) No one takes him seriously. The North Koreans keep testing missles despite his "stern" warnings. There is a lot more, but I am tired of typing.

Big Girl. You don't do enough research to type a paragraph of such magnitude. Who laughed at him? Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you are wrong. The Germans and Japanese had a laugh at us in WWII. How did that work out for them? Who got the last laugh? You don't possess an inkling of world politics. If Trump attacked Korea, you would gripe about that. Korea also tested missiles during your boy's reign. Didn't hear a peep out of you. Hillary really handled him alright. Lmao. How many Dems had Russian contacts? You won't even mention that will you? I'm glad Obamacare will die. It was a joke to begin with and failed miserably on its own. Don't care who loses coverage because no one considered me when passing that BS. I would doze on the G20 also. Ever hear of jet lag? Of course not. Done need the Russians to have dirt on Hillary. Anything else? Now, go get some Play-Doh and sit in the corner. The adults are handling the mess created by your BOY.

5 hours ago, Big girl said:

lol...what a fountain of bad grammar and misinformation.

This is a non fiction/autobiography by the son of former President Ronald Reagan. Mike Reagan is adopted and has a unigue perspective on adoption and being the son of a president.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Twice Adopted: An Important Social Commentator Speaks to the Cultural Ailments Threatening America Today

11 hours ago, Big girl said:

A line in the sand, Syria laughed.  Russian Jets buzzing American ships on the fourth of July.  Shovel ready jobs.  The Benghazi debacle.  All during your Great One's reign, and you think he is the greatest.  He gets a pass from you for one reason, and we all know what that is.