Dems are beating the war drums.

pdawg119

15 hours ago, baddog said:

Here is how they tolerate being offended......what a diwi...

This is the hidden content, please

After listening to this guy, there's no doubt he's one of the leftist intellectuals we're always hearing about.  Must have a Doctorate in male bovine feces.  And make no mistake, the brainless goon is the epitome of the ultra left.  He may be book smart, but he has no sense.  None!  Nada!  Zippo!  He is a defective human - like a car with no wheels.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

After listening to this guy, there's no doubt he's one of the leftist intellectuals we're always hearing about.  Must have a Doctorate in male bovine feces.  And make no mistake, the brainless goon is the epitome of the ultra left.  He may be book smart, but he has no sense.  None!  Nada!  Zippo!  He is a defective human - like a car with no wheels.

I liked the part where the diwi said they're attacks were self defense. I wouldn't even want this guy on my side, much less leading the pack.

4 hours ago, new tobie said:

the few libs on this site are part time. The conservatives are full time.

I've asked westend1 a few times after he pointed out that many of the posters have gone, as to what his thoughts were for the reason for this exodus. He refused to elaborate on his insinuations, other than to crawfish. So I'll ask you since you seem to agree with westend1's analysis. Why do you think that Liberals are part time and Conservatives are full time? Please, let's hear your thoughts. You made the statement, so you must have some rationale for it. Please don't crawfish like westend1 did...which would basically just answer my question. My thoughts are that Conservatives/Democrats don't crawfish, Liberals run like little girls when challenged...thus the disparity. But I would love to hear your thoughts.

On July 16, 2017 at 0:25 PM, stevenash said:

I notice there was no mention of Smitty in your list.  Additionally, Bullets still participates albeit much less frequently.

FYI, smitty left after a (very light) verbal warning by a (conservative) moderator because he was spamming the crap out of the political forum with what trump would refer to as fake news.  10-20 articles a day at one point, many of which were patently false.  When asked to slow down, he opted to take his websites and go home.  

As for me, although I am more conservative than I used to be, I do in fact have to agree with Westend that I find the conversations in this forum stale.  There's still a lot of fringe propaganda from both sides, and very little productive discourse.  Every now and then I see an article I feel like voicing an opinion on, but generally it feels like a waste of time.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

FYI, smitty left after a (very light) verbal warning by a (conservative) moderator because he was spamming the crap out of the political forum with what trump would refer to as fake news.  10-20 articles a day at one point, many of which were patently false.  When asked to slow down, he opted to take his websites and go home.  

As for me, although I am more conservative than I used to be, I do in fact have to agree with Westend that I find the conversations in this forum stale.  There's still a lot of fringe propaganda from both sides, and very little productive discourse.  Every now and then I see an article I feel like voicing an opinion on, but generally it feels like a waste of time.  

What do you think is the cause of this staleness? Do you blame the Conservatives on this board? Do you think the Liberals are somehow victims being bullied?

11 hours ago, Englebert said:

What do you think is the cause of this staleness? Do you blame the Conservatives on this board? Do you think the Liberals are somehow victims being bullied?

being outnumbered 10 to 1 on here makes it tough on the liberals.  Anyone making a point gets shouted down.  That being said, a lot of them don't make very good points to begin with :)

25 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

being outnumbered 10 to 1 on here makes it tough on the liberals.  Anyone making a point gets shouted down.  That being said, a lot of them don't make very good points to begin with :)

Never seen you shouted down, you always made reasonable points and never displayed blind allegiance...rare qualities from both the left and right.

Take a look at the other "lefties" on the forum....you are definitely missed. :)

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I think it is more that the witch hunts against Trump have died and they have nothing else. They never argue policy. They just blatantly throw out personal insults towards Trump and anyone associated with him. Since they can't debate, except for Hoops, they curl up in their corners with their thumbs in their mouths waiting to hurl another insult. What a platform.

14 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I feel obligated to question that 10 to 1 ratio. I think the ratio is a lot closer to 60/40 Conservative. Here's a list of the posters commenting on the last few topics. This is really from memory and just a quick glance of some of the latest posts. Let me know if I have overlooked anyone (which I'm sure I have) or put you in the wrong category.

Conservatives (13): 77, baddog, BS Wildcats, Englebert, jv_coach, LumRaiderFan, pdawg119, PhatMack19, Reagan, REBgp, Stevenash, Tigers2010, tvc184

Liberals(9): Big girl, BLUEDOVE3, Fee Dee, nappyroots, new tobie, PAMFAM10, Remus, six burg, westend1

Neither(2): bullets13 (probably leans a little right), TXHoops (probably leans a little left)

12 hours ago, baddog said:

I think it is more that the witch hunts against Trump have died and they have nothing else. They never argue policy. They just blatantly throw out personal insults towards Trump and anyone associated with him. Since they can't debate, except for Hoops, they curl up in their corners with their thumbs in their mouths waiting to hurl another insult. What a platform.

Your saying that the liberals on this board act like Trump? Because thats what he does, he is totally un presidential.

7 hours ago, Englebert said:

I feel obligated to question that 10 to 1 ratio. I think the ratio is a lot closer to 60/40 Conservative. Here's a list of the posters commenting on the last few topics. This is really from memory and just a quick glance of some of the latest posts. Let me know if I have overlooked anyone (which I'm sure I have) or put you in the wrong category.

Conservatives (13): 77, baddog, BS Wildcats, Englebert, jv_coach, LumRaiderFan, pdawg119, PhatMack19, Reagan, REBgp, Stevenash, Tigers2010, tvc184

Liberals(9): Big girl, BLUEDOVE3, Fee Dee, nappyroots, new tobie, PAMFAM10, Remus, six burg, westend1

Neither(2): bullets13 (probably leans a little right), TXHoops (probably leans a little left)

Inadequate characterization.

On July 21, 2017 at 10:47 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

Never seen you shouted down, you always made reasonable points and never displayed blind allegiance...rare qualities from both the left and right.

Take a look at the other "lefties" on the forum....you are definitely missed. :)

In my case, at least when I post on issues where I'm left-leaning, I don't feel shouted down.  But I have gotten overwhelmed at times.  It can be difficult to make a point that is rebutted by 6 people in 3 hours.  I end up in a bunch of separate debates and feel like I'm talking in circles.