Top 15 Running Backs in SETX

WOSgrad

19 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Once you get down to schools of 4A size, I am sure that is happens quite often.

I've always felt like that's where schools like Newton and Kirbyville struggle against bigger schools. Their starting groups are competitive, but they fade as games move along and they have trouble lining up across from fresher bodies. 

The best athlete on the field isn't really the best anymore once he's worn out. I understand that it has to happen, though. 

Glad to see Evadale's Coy Williams on the list.  Kid has good field vision and great speed.  As I remember, he averaged 15 ypc during the regular season.  In addition to his running, he has great hands, and is often catching passes downfield.  Lost the whole offensive line I think, but if some of the replacements step up, Coy should have another great year.

On 7/14/2017 at 4:27 PM, CardinalBacker said:

I've always felt like that's where schools like Newton and Kirbyville struggle against bigger schools. Their starting groups are competitive, but they fade as games move along and they have trouble lining up across from fresher bodies. 

The best athlete on the field isn't really the best anymore once he's worn out. I understand that it has to happen, though. 

When did we start struggling with bigger schools? lol

2 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

When did we start struggling with bigger schools? lol

For a couple of years you guys were having trouble with schools like us and Orangefield, and I wouldn't consider us top-level programs in those years... we were just bigger schools and had more bodies. 

I felt like we didn't come anywhere near playing to our potential in Newton last year, and I hope we're a lot better prepared this year than we were last. I expect you guys to be really good this year and I'm anxious to see how we stack up against y'all this year in Week 4.