Top 15 Running Backs in SETX

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

21-5a is loaded with good RB's as well. I would like to see a list of both areas to compare. Any takers, 21-5a vs. 22-5a RB's. 

Here is why you won't ever see the names of 21-5A players on lists such as these.  They are in what I call the "media no man's land."  Too far west for the Beaumont area media to cover, too far east for the Houston media to care. 

You see, the Hearst papers (the Enterprise and the Chronicle) have split coverage in Southeast Texas (a reason why you no longer see Beaumont area schools followed in Chronicle articles).  That line is right around Anahuac.

42 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Here is why you won't ever see the names of 21-5A players on lists such as these.  They are in what I call the "media no man's land."  Too far west for the Beaumont area media to cover, too far east for the Houston media to care. 

You see, the Heart papers (the Enterprise and the Chronicle) have split coverage in Southeast Texas (a reason why you no longer see Beaumont area schools followed in Chronicle articles).  That line is right around Anahuac.

Very true. Craig Williams is 3 star recruit I believe and if he is healthy is by far the best back in our district. He has had issues the last 2 years staying on the field but is blazing fast.

I'm honestly looking for Central's Foster, PA Memorial's Hines, and Silsbee's Thomas to have exceptional seasons.  Hines, well, he's Hines.  Foster had a great Sophmore season and last year, Moreaux shined.  Silsbee, it was the same situation, Thomas had an exceptional skinnier campaign, but had to take a backseat to Tyler.  

I also see LC-M's Winters doing great things.  

I also hear there a 2 headed monster at West Brook....

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

You see, the Heart papers (the Enterprise and the Chronicle) have split coverage in Southeast Texas (a reason why you no longer see Beaumont area schools followed in Chronicle articles).  That line is right around Anahuac.

That sucks, that's why cougar14 is a chron.com man.

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

A. Thomas shined at linebacker last year. Is there anybody in particular that will be filling his spot at lb? 

We moved Trahan to qb from lb last year...  we missed him on the defensive side. 

I don't really know...  Thomas may be asked to play both ways this year, especially how good he was at LB.  Wouldn't surprise me...

52 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don't really know...  Thomas may be asked to play both ways this year, especially how good he was at LB.  Wouldn't surprise me...

I hate that... it always seems to me that the kids who play both ways have trouble finishing games strong, or making through the season uninjured. 

He'll do great no matter where he lines up. 

56 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I hate that... it always seems to me that the kids who play both ways have trouble finishing games strong, or making through the season uninjured. 

He'll do great no matter where he lines up. 

It's possible.  A few years ago, in Vidor, Montana Q. Was an animal starting at qb and lb and was an animal at both positions and he got stronger as the game went on.  I think Thomas will follow suit this year....

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It's possible.  A few years ago, in Vidor, Montana Q. Was an animal starting at qb and lb and was an animal at both positions and he got stronger as the game went on.  I think Thomas will follow suit this year....

It can be done. Back when I was in school Hanna was a beast on both sides of the ball! Very rarely left the field along with several others.

39 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

It can be done. Back when I was in school Hanna was a beast on both sides of the ball! Very rarely left the field along with several others.

Yes, he was.  Always seemed to be hurt, limped on and off the field.

When the ball was snapped, 100%...never knew he was hurt.  Tough kid.