Who is your team game(s) of the year 2017

pakronos

35 minutes ago, pakronos said:

2009- PAM 7 N.S 6

2010- NS won but it was a close game

2011-PAM won over there

2012-NS won a close one.

Why did you start in 2009?  Perhaps, it is because you wanted everyone to forget about that 66-7 butt whooping North Shore gave you in 2008.

Dude, you're stuff is so fake that you should change your user name to CNN.

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Discipline?  That word again....  And it's used to describe PAM...

Maybe because of penalties, blown assignments, miscues, etc.  Just basing it off what I observed.  On the other hand, WOS is both physical, athletic AND extremely disciplined.  Like Grad said, you're stretching trying to make more of the word than it applies here.  WOS is predominantly a team of color too.  

16 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Well in my opinion, 5 games will determine how Central's season plays out...

vs West Brook

@ Vidor

vs Memorial 

vs Nederland

vs PN-G 

That will be tough on Central. Sorry I really don't think Nelson is the answer. With all the talent they have coming back. 

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Guys, I know, I know.  I said it to only address the discipline word.  It irks my everlasting nerves...  That word.  It definitely wasn't a knock on WO-S.  

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It a a long standing 'irk' of mine.  I've discussed in the past why it irks me.  The reference to it on this thread was more like a poke and laugh deal...  

15 minutes ago, team first said:

Don't believe it was poke and laugh, but ok. 

In yall's opinion, can chaos be disciplined. For example, is a disciplined team one that plays conservative gap control, bend but don't break defense with a conservative don't turn the ball over run oriented offense,

or

can a an aggressive, shoot the gap, blitzing, create turnover style defense with an aggressive chunk the rock offense be disciplined as well?

in other words is discipline a result of the style of play or how well the kids execute the style of play. 

I believe either type of team can be disciplined or undisciplined. I think some teams get slighted as just being athletic bc of their style of play when in fact it takes great discipline to create organized chaos. 

1 hour ago, Red Dawn said:

In yall's opinion, can chaos be disciplined. For example, is a disciplined team one that plays conservative gap control, bend but don't break defense with a conservative don't turn the ball over run oriented offense,

or

can a an aggressive, shoot the gap, blitzing, create turnover style defense with an aggressive chunk the rock offense be disciplined as well?

in other words is discipline a result of the style of play or how well the kids execute the style of play. 

I believe either type of team can be disciplined or undisciplined. I think some teams get slighted as just being athletic bc of their style of play when in fact it takes great discipline to create organized chaos. 

1 hour ago, team first said:

It's how well kids execute any style of play. 

I agree. I just think teams that are disciplined and have athletes and win usually just get credit for being athletic. My point is that teams can be athletic and disciplined. 

The great teams are both. 

13 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

I agree. I just think teams that are disciplined and have athletes and win usually just get credit for being athletic. My point is that teams can be athletic and disciplined. 

Agreed, Just being athletic will win you some games, but being sloppy with penalties, losing tempers etc. will lose some games for teams with better athletes.

2 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Agreed, Just being athletic will win you some games, but being sloppy with penalties, losing tempers etc. will lose some games for teams with better athletes.

That's more along the lines of my thoughts. Teams that execute without stupid penalties, losing tempers, etc.  

Its a shame that the word discipline has become a dog-whistle to some here. On the MMA boards calling a fighter "explosive" is judged by some to be the same as citicizing a teams lack of disciplined play over here. 

5 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Goodness, there is no team in the area more athletic than WOS, some folks are just easily distracted by what they want to hear... not talking about you here

5 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

24 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Goodness, there is no team in the area more athletic than WOS, some folks are just easily distracted by what they want to hear... not talking about you here

I've never watched WOS but I can't imagine their success on just  athleticism alone. 

8 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

or

This is what the D word means.

Ill break it down how it was told to us...

When you are playing a team that has more team speed, more individual speed, more size, and better athletes... (WOS-PAM-KATY-STEPHENVILLE-AUSTIN WESTLAKE-LAKE TRAVIS-Any Dallas team............

Your best chance of beating them is play assignment (D WORD) football. You have a guy, make sure you take care of him, because you simply do not have the means (athletes and speed) to make up for errors. So you better tackle well, cover your gap or space well, block well, and do all the little things that might keep you in the game. And that my friend, is your only shot, when you are up against a better team....

Now Soulja, being Soulja, just gets a little feather ruffled when he sees the D word.... He knows what it means, but just likes to play with us about it...

But Soulja, in the name of something.............. (And I wont have BIaplayer cuss anyone)............... We will still buy you a bag of peanuts............