Beaumont Ozen Schedule Question

txprepfan

I have run across two different schedules for Ozen and have a question regarding the Week 1 game vs. Corpus Christi John Paul.

One schedule shows the game at the Thomas Center, and the one currently listed on the BISD website shows the game at Port Arthur.

Both show Saturday at 3:00 pm.

I was under the impression that this game was part of a triple-header (Lone Star Classic) at the Thomas Center.

Can anyone please confirm. Thanks.

4 hours ago, txprepfan said:

I have run across two different schedules for Ozen and have a question regarding the Week 1 game vs. Corpus Christi John Paul.

One schedule shows the game at the Thomas Center, and the one currently listed on the BISD website shows the game at Port Arthur.

Both show Saturday at 3:00 pm.

I was under the impression that this game was part of a triple-header (Lone Star Classic) at the Thomas Center.

Can anyone please confirm. Thanks.

According to Coach Taylor, the game is at 3 at the Butch. 

On an unrelated matter (yet BISD), the schedules that both Central and West Brook put out show both of them having a home game on Thursday, November 9th at 7.  Both Coach Peevey (WB) and Coach Nelson (Central) have confirm that the Baytown Lee/Central game will be on Saturday.

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

According to Coach Taylor, the game is at 3 at the Butch. 

On an unrelated matter (yet BISD), the schedules that both Central and West Brook put out show both of them having a home game on Thursday, November 9th at 7.  Both Coach Peevey (WB) and Coach Nelson (Central) have confirm that the Baytown Lee/Central game will be on Saturday.

Central's schedule on the BISD site has been corrected to show their game vs Baytown Lee on Saturday,

However they show it at 7:00 pm.. That seems suspect to me you would think it being the last week of the season

that it would be a day game.

Thanks for the update on the Ozen-John Paul game.

51 minutes ago, txprepfan said:

Central's schedule on the BISD site has been corrected to show their game vs Baytown Lee on Saturday,

However they show it at 7:00 pm.. That seems suspect to me you would think it being the last week of the season

that it would be a day game.

Thanks for the update on the Ozen-John Paul game.

I agree, especially given that all other "Saturday spllover" games are a 2:00 kick.  I wish I could tell you one way or the other but Coach Nelson only confirmed that they are playing on Saturday.  Fort what it is worth, the master Thomas Center schedule on the bisd website also shows a 7 pm start for this game.

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I agree, especially given that all other "Saturday spllover" games are a 2:00 kick.  I wish I could tell you one way or the other but Coach Nelson only confirmed that they are playing on Saturday.  Fort what it is worth, the master Thomas Center schedule on the bisd website also shows a 7 pm start for this game.

I'm gonna go with 7:00 pm unless I hear otherwise. I haven't seen a schedule for Lee on the GCCISD website. I'll let you know if I hear of a change.  Thanks. 

day games are DUMB!! there is NO reason BISD should be scheduling games during the day. it's hard on the fans, players, band,etc...to be out in 100+ degree heat after you factor in the heat index is insane. i understand these 3 game kickoff classics are a little different, but regular season and district games can and should be played at night. if all three have home games, someone can play a thursday night game.

4 hours ago, pakronos said:

day games are DUMB!! there is NO reason BISD should be scheduling games during the day. it's hard on the fans, players, band,etc...to be out in 100+ degree heat after you factor in the heat index is insane. i understand these 3 game kickoff classics are a little different, but regular season and district games can and should be played at night. if all three have home games, someone can play a thursday night game.

They do play Thursday night games when all 3 have home games. Hardly ever is there a double header on Saturdays in that situation. BISD would rather get the games over on Saturday than wait till 6-7pm to start them. Most folks prefer that as well. Heat not that big an issue in late October, early November.

33 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

They do play Thursday night games when all 3 have home games. Hardly ever is there a double header on Saturdays in that situation. BISD would rather get the games over on Saturday than wait till 6-7pm to start them. Most folks prefer that as well. Heat not that big an issue in late October, early November.

last year PAM played Ozen in the blistering heat and it was NO game scheduled that night. Matter of fact every time PAM plays Ozen in Bmt, it's a freaking day game. Also i'm sure when PNG played them, it could have been played at night.

16 hours ago, AshlyVYPE said:

Back on June 27th Coach Harrison told me the games will be played in Port Arthur, including theirs against Bishop Dunne. Now I'm really confused.

Well, yours trumps mine as my interaction with Coach Taylor and his staff was back in early June.  Also supporting that is the fact that the Thomas Center master schedule lists no games for September 2nd.

17 minutes ago, AshlyVYPE said:

PAM vs Dunne is tentatively set for Saturday September 2nd at 7 pm in Port Arthur. Harrison just sent me a text. 

Tentatively huh? lol. Well that's a start. Thanks for following up on that I appreciate it. Didn't know I would be opening up such a big can of worms. 

33 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

If there is a Week 11 Saturday night game in Beaumont I might make a weekend of it and come to SETX that Fri/Sat....

The Week 11 game at the Butch will be a 2:00 kickoff per the BISD Athletic Office.

Also, the office confirmed that the 3 games of the Lone Star Classic on Sept. 2nd: Deer Park vs. Bellaire Episcopal, Ozen vs. Corpus Christi St. John Paul II and Port Arthur Memorial vs. Dallas Bishop Dunne, will be played in Port Arthur.

49 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

The Week 11 game at the Butch will be a 2:00 kickoff per the BISD Athletic Office.

Also, the office confirmed that the 3 games of the Lone Star Classic on Sept. 2nd: Deer Park vs. Bellaire Episcopal, Ozen vs. Corpus Christi St. John Paul II and Port Arthur Memorial vs. Dallas Bishop Dunne, will be played in Port Arthur.

2pm kick is even better LOL!

37 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Finally !!! Thanks for getting that all straightened out.