Jasper 2018

28 minutes ago, Fastballupandin said:

My point is being made again and again.  Kirkland did have a good run.  He was under great pressure by the Jasper BB fans and moved.  If Westbrook stays 4 years and only wins one playoff series as he did in WOS as head coach, then he will surely feal the rath of the Jasper faithful.

Even if he does that, that leaves him with only 1 state championship less than any other coach in Jasper school history.

In fact, that would leave him with as many titles as any other Jasper head baseball coach except one.

Kickland that's funny, because I bet he is still kicking himself and then maybe not.   Yes, LCM was hot so who would agree to flip for home and home because LCM coach probably had a good idea the only way he has a chance to win is with home field advantage.  Short field and rowdy crowd - gotta give it to him he got the best of Kickland.  We will probably never know the true answer to that flip ordeal.  Lots of rumors floated around about that one.  

I, like most coaches stay silent and look daily for any comments of my team, and pray that they come from a positive place and are not negative because they are still kids after all that play a game. I was one of them. I was a son of one of those Jasper Baseball Head Coaches to never win state, and I was a player of one of those Jasper Baseball Head Coaches that never won state, as was I a player of one of those Jasper Baseball head Coaches that actually Won state. It is that fact, that I feel compelled to speak up. This is not an easy profession that we chose to be in, and Jasper Baseball Certainly is not an easy place to work, especially if decisions have to be made that make other people unhappy. But gentleman, I beg you, please consider the young men that play this game, their moms and dads, and girlfriends that come on here to read. This is a hard game, as hard as any, and certainly does not need to be made any harder for any young man by coach bashing or questioning. Jasper High School Baseball has a long tradition of success, and hopefully will continue that tradition, but I refuse to sit back and allow it to be cheapened by anyone who would ever question a coaches ability. Coach Westbrook, Kirkland, Smith, Mixon, Rogers, Ratcliff, Peace, Buckmaster, and Price would all say that this tradition and success is always about the kids, never the coach. I'm proud of my time as a bulldog baseball player, but please don't cheapen my memories and memories of others because of coaching decisions. 

Sincerely

Chris Ratcliff - JHS 2004

Head Baseball Coach Hemphill

12 hours ago, CoachRatcliff said:

I, like most coaches stay silent and look daily for any comments of my team, and pray that they come from a positive place and are not negative because they are still kids after all that play a game. I was one of them. I was a son of one of those Jasper Baseball Head Coaches to never win state, and I was a player of one of those Jasper Baseball Head Coaches that never won state, as was I a player of one of those Jasper Baseball head Coaches that actually Won state. It is that fact, that I feel compelled to speak up. This is not an easy profession that we chose to be in, and Jasper Baseball Certainly is not an easy place to work, especially if decisions have to be made that make other people unhappy. But gentleman, I beg you, please consider the young men that play this game, their moms and dads, and girlfriends that come on here to read. This is a hard game, as hard as any, and certainly does not need to be made any harder for any young man by coach bashing or questioning. Jasper High School Baseball has a long tradition of success, and hopefully will continue that tradition, but I refuse to sit back and allow it to be cheapened by anyone who would ever question a coaches ability. Coach Westbrook, Kirkland, Smith, Mixon, Rogers, Ratcliff, Peace, Buckmaster, and Price would all say that this tradition and success is always about the kids, never the coach. I'm proud of my time as a bulldog baseball player, but please don't cheapen my memories and memories of others because of coaching decisions. 

Sincerely

Chris Ratcliff - JHS 2004

Head Baseball Coach Hemphill

Great post!!!!