High School Basketball: Players to Watch Next Season

16 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Jalen Sneed,Landyn Tyler,Kevin Dotson, and probably some more I can't  think of. These reporters have to do a better job of covering basketball in our area. 

I believe it's a good article I don't think he was saying that this is the best players in area. I believe he was giving names to watch and you will always leave someone out it's a matter of opinion. Then you get into who do you remove and all that stuff because if you look at 1-10 they don't move so it's just a matter of opinion. I would love for someone to be ranked ahead of me and had a chance to play them then use that fuel.

Katon Brown at LCM will be entering his fourth season as a varsity starter this year.  He's been first team All-District the last two years and should easily eclipse the 1000 pt mark this year.  Not as big a deal at some other schools, but he could be the first ever basketball player at LCM to compete in the playoffs all four years.

Also, Braden Bridges is coming off a first team All-District season as a sophomore and is having a fantastic summer.  

On 6/29/2017 at 9:37 AM, kingjames said:

I believe it's a good article I don't think he was saying that this is the best players in area. I believe he was giving names to watch and you will always leave someone out it's a matter of opinion. Then you get into who do you remove and all that stuff because if you look at 1-10 they don't move so it's just a matter of opinion. I would love for someone to be ranked ahead of me and had a chance to play them then use that fuel.

Wasn't about who is or isn't on the list ,absolutely nothing to do with ranking these players. I'm saying the news stations mainly sports and sports writers at these papers have to do better  when covering basketball . They do it half way imo, if you don't know then ask hell Aggies he would be the perfect guy to provide info on these kids . Seems like some of them barley want to be there covering the games anyways. Our kids deserve at least some home town love .Can't just show up to the big games. I remember when the BE had EVERY game in the paper with stats after a tues & fri games ,tournaments all that. 

15 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Wasn't about who is or isn't on the list ,absolutely nothing to do with ranking these players. I'm saying the news stations mainly sports and sports writers at these papers have to do better  when covering basketball . They do it half way imo, if you don't know then ask hell Aggies he would be the perfect guy to provide info on these kids . Seems like some of them barley want to be there covering the games anyways. Our kids deserve at least some home town love .Can't just show up to the big games. I remember when the BE had EVERY game in the paper with stats after a tues & fri games ,tournaments all that. 

I will say it's nice to see some coverage at all anymore.  I can remember commenting a few years back when HJ and Silsbee met in the regional finals 3 times in just a few years that there was basically no coverage in the paper.

Media coverage has increased significantly for the Silsbee boys basketball program IMO.  Everything from the close win over Argyle, to the championship win. The return home was covered, several celebratory crawfish boils, official recognition by the SISD board & by the city council.  Even the ring ceremony got some air time.  I've seen more Silsbee tweets, by people who used to not notice this team.  More Silsbee youtube videos.  Those videos would probably not have seen the light of day had they not won it all.  Finally got to experience what the other side of a state championship feels like, the cool side.  

Football is still the # 1 sport.  I'm not into Silsbee football that much.  I hope they have a good season and that injuries a kept to a minimum.  Can't wait to see how the next basketball season unfolds.  It is too early to get hyped about that now.  Have to wait until at least the autumn.  It should be interesting.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:42 PM, Kountzer said:

Media coverage has increased significantly for the Silsbee boys basketball program IMO.  Everything from the close win over Argyle, to the championship win. The return home was covered, several celebratory crawfish boils, official recognition by the SISD board & by the city council.  Even the ring ceremony got some air time.  I've seen more Silsbee tweets, by people who used to not notice this team.  More Silsbee youtube videos.  Those videos would probably not have seen the light of day had they not won it all.  Finally got to experience what the other side of a state championship feels like, the cool side.  

Football is still the # 1 sport.  I'm not into Silsbee football that much.  I hope they have a good season and that injuries a kept to a minimum.  Can't wait to see how the next basketball season unfolds.  It is too early to get hyped about that now.  Have to wait until at least the autumn.  It should be interesting.

Definitely more coverage now, my only point is I would have thought there would have been at least a little more back then.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I think Silsbee will play Yates to get back to state. I think Silsbee will take them again. I think our bench will be very solid and if we stay injury free we will be fine. 

That should be for the regional championship. Should be a good game. Yates's Hughes and Serialle will be a factor. But I think Silsbee will win it....Unless there's some "new faces" shows up for the Lions. Lol