BRANDON PROUSE HIRED AS NEW DEWEYVILLE AD/HC!

HasBeen36

On 7/17/2017 at 1:38 PM, LCM17 said:

He only coached Soccer. He is now the principal at Mauriceville  Elementary. I dont know if they let him keep is soccer coach position or not. But we are three coaches short and we just hired one for baseball

I know.  He is a friend of mine.  I don't think he is staying the soccer coach.

• 3 years later...

Gotta throw a lil credit for the 'lil red machine. District MVP- CADE WATSON, Offensive MVP-JAMES MENARD  Defensive MVP - RYAN BLAND District Newcomer - SHAWN DREYER. 1st Team All-District WR AND 1st Team All-District Cornerback - J-BO BRISTER

There are many more well-deserved DHS Athletes that I will get posted very soon.

I'm so proud of my young men.

My young man transferred to DHS from Mauriceville after 8th grade (Prouse's first year). My 14yr old 5'0" 98lb freshman was not allowed to compete because the UIL ruled that they couldn't prove he didn't move for athletic reasons 🤣.  He never missed a two-a-day or regular practice, Coach Prouse allowed him to practice, allowed him to dress and travel with his team. At kickoff, one of the assistant's would take his helmet (to ensure he'd never get on the field). Never missed a practice and never touched the field...all year long. I was extremely proud of him and his Coaches. Today, as a Senior, he was named 1st Team All-District WR and 1st Team All-District CB. Good things will come if you work hard enough for them. Extremely proud of my young man, his team and his Coaches. Go Pirates!

1 hour ago, RedJollyRoger said:

My young man transferred to DHS from Mauriceville after 8th grade (Prouse's first year). My 14yr old 5'0" 98lb freshman was not allowed to compete because the UIL ruled that they couldn't prove he didn't move for athletic reasons 🤣.  He never missed a two-a-day or regular practice, Coach Prouse allowed him to practice, allowed him to dress and travel with his team. At kickoff, one of the assistant's would take his helmet (to ensure he'd never get on the field). Never missed a practice and never touched the field...all year long. I was extremely proud of him and his Coaches. Today, as a Senior, he was named 1st Team All-District WR and 1st Team All-District CB. Good things will come if you work hard enough for them. Extremely proud of my young man, his team and his Coaches. Go Pirates!

Was there not a JV team your sons freshman year at Deweyville?

On 7/11/2017 at 6:41 AM, DP#1FAN said:

Best of luck to Coach Prouse and the Pirates. One thing with the Pirates they will play their hearts out for you! Looking forward to the year.

They are still playing their hearts out! Good Luck Pirates we will see you all Saturday in Tomball tickets already purchased.

Guest ECBucFan
19 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

My young man transferred to DHS from Mauriceville after 8th grade (Prouse's first year). My 14yr old 5'0" 98lb freshman was not allowed to compete because the UIL ruled that they couldn't prove he didn't move for athletic reasons 🤣

See how the UIL operates? They couldn't allow a "14yr old 5'0" 98lb freshman" at 2A Deweyville to play, but high profile 4 and 5 star heavily recruited athletes move to the highest profile programs in the state and many times they don't even blink.