BRANDON PROUSE HIRED AS NEW DEWEYVILLE AD/HC!

HasBeen36

5 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Yes he did. As I said earlier in this thread, to leave this late for an assistants gig is garbage. He did this same thing to Kountze once. No one should hire this man for a head job ever again!

There is always more to the story than what we know. 

You can't blame Dale for leaving.  He's the lowest paid AD/head football coach in SE TX.  He got a pay raise at EC to be an assistant and do less work.  Now 2wedge that's what I call garbage!!!  D'ville only has five coaches TOTAL!!  They work their butts off all year long!!  Plus the coaches have to drive bus routes during practice because they are the bus substitutes.  Whoever heard of that junk??  D'ville school district is messed up.  No wonder the sup left after just two years.  The school board is nothing but a bunch of good ole' boys who scratch each others back.  

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:13 PM, Localfan1 said:

You can't blame Dale for leaving.  He's the lowest paid AD/head football coach in SE TX.  He got a pay raise at EC to be an assistant and do less work.  Now 2wedge that's what I call garbage!!!  D'ville only has five coaches TOTAL!!  They work their butts off all year long!!  Plus the coaches have to drive bus routes during practice because they are the bus substitutes.  Whoever heard of that junk??  D'ville school district is messed up.  No wonder the sup left after just two years.  The school board is nothing but a bunch of good ole' boys who scratch each others back.  

If that's the case, then why did he take the job in the first place? Nothing you mentioned is the fault of the kids there who undoubtedly are gutted that their coach chose to leave them in the lurch. No matter who they hire this late, they will get the short end of the stick during the upcoming season. You can't defend Dale here. If the money is an issue, wait until next year or leave in March like everyone else. Do not leave in July!

27 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

The optics behind leaving this late are never good....a lot of times when someone waits this late to leave its to try to ensure someone from in-house gets the job...

The optics of that are they never would be considered otherwise? My heart goes out to the players.

21 minutes ago, DP#1FAN said:

The optics of that are they never would be considered otherwise? My heart goes out to the players.

It's possible he got that feeling they wouldn't be considered....but generally when guys leave this late its to ensure an internal candidate gets the job..right or wrong that's the reasoning many times...

3 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

So there isn't anyone on staff worthy of being promoted to the Head Football Coach position? 

My understanding is that Dale wasn't the only one who left.  Aside from the new hire Peveto, I am not sure that there was much of a staff left to promote.

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

It sounds like the new man in charge will be named tonight.  It will be Jasper assistant Brandon Prouse:

This is the hidden content, please

Best of luck to Coach Prouse and the Pirates.  It'll probably take a few games for the kids to adept to whatever offense he puts in, but I think he'll have some talent to work with.

21 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Best of luck to Coach Prouse and the Pirates.  It'll probably take a few games for the kids to adept to whatever offense he puts in, but I think he'll have some talent to work with.

I don't know that there will be that big of an adjustment.

Prouse is an Orangefield graduate who spent a number of years in Orangefield before moving on to Jasper.  They have similar offenses to what Dale ran at Deweyville.