Will Bremond Go Undefeated -AGAIN

Hagar

Bremond Tigers, 2A D-II last loss was 12/6/2013 in SC game against Tenaha (their only loss that year).  They've won 47 in a row since then, including 3 consecutive SC.  Longest current winning streak in the state.

Just for conversation, will they go undefeated again this year.  They lost their super duper QB to A&M, but he has a younger brother who'll be a Jr.  

Just a guess, but I'll say they lose one this year.  Bound to get the bad bounces someday.

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Bremond Tigers, 2A D-II last loss was 12/6/2013 in SC game against Tenaha (their only loss that year).  They've won 47 in a row since then, including 3 consecutive SC.  Longest current winning streak in the state.

Just for conversation, will they go undefeated again this year.  They lost their super duper QB to A&M, but he has a younger brother who'll be a Jr.  

Just a guess, but I'll say they lose one this year.  Bound to get the bad bounces someday.

No, if they get to Tenaha, they will lose that one.  Teneha is loaded this year.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:06 AM, REBgp said:

I think your posts get more action on that other east Texas message board than on here :)

11 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I think your posts get more action on that other east Texas message board than on here :)

Well Uncle, not as much interest in 2A ball down here.  Like me before moving to The Dale, most folks down here never heard of Bremond.  Imagine 50% would say it's where they make Blue Bell lol.  Up in northern east Tex, Tenaha has had several run ins with Bremond, so they jump on a question like this.  Now, if I posted Sabine Pass will defeat WOS, probably not much response up there.  Down here, not only a bunch of responses, but I'd be put in an asylum. :) 

8 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

I am tired of Bremond. I have a gut feeling their best days are behind them. I hope someone, maybe Teneha, smacks the crap out of 'em.    

You know EC, I agree.  They have enough sunshine.  I'd like for them to get a little rain.

On June 26, 2017 at 6:30 PM, dBerrySports said:

One player makes a huge difference down in 2A. Look at Kolten Mackey going to Evadale. They probably would have been good anyways, but they went to another level with Mackey there.

I can't imagine Bremond will be the juggernaut they've been because of that.

Yes, Mackey was an asset to the football team, but imo, he had a bigger overall impact to Evadale's basketball team.  Big, strong, and very athletic.  But in either sport, his hands are like ball magnets.  Definitely an impact player for 90% of Tx HS.

23 hours ago, REBgp said:

Yes, Mackey was an asset to the football team, but imo, he had a bigger overall impact to Evadale's basketball team.  Big, strong, and very athletic.  But in either sport, his hands are like ball magnets.  Definitely an impact player for 90% of Tx HS.

Maybe not as much in 5A/6A but I agree for the most part

On July 6, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Yoe_09 said:

I think the proper headline should be "Can Bremond stay competitive without Paul".  Bremond has had some good teams in the past but not like the past three years.  

I looked at their schedule, and it didn't appear all that competitive for a Team with a 47 game winning streak.  They do have Iola in pre-district, and they usually field a quality team.