Senate Health Care Bill

stevenash

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Has been posted on the web for all to see.    What an interesting alternative to " you have to pass the bill to see what's in it"

I don't have to read it to know that it is garbage. But it is refreshing to see them acting somewhat like adults, even though they should realize they are killing the best healthcare system this world has ever seen. When voting on the Bill, I wonder if the Republicans will huddle around the voting machine singing "Yes we can"?

4 minutes ago, new tobie said:

The republicans bill would probably be better, if they really gave a damn about people. 

Obama didn't even care about you. What did he do for you? NOTHING!

I couldn't care less about government healthcare except for the retirees and truly needy. The rest need to put on their big boy pants and get a job other than McDonald's.

4 minutes ago, baddog said:

Obama didn't even care about you. What did he do for you? NOTHING!

I couldn't care less about government healthcare except for the retirees and truly needy. The rest need to put on their big boy pants and get a job other than McDonald's.

I am just taking up for the less fortunate. 

8 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Who do you think all this healthcare is for....the rich folks?

My mom is 94 and needs every penny. She has to pay supplemental insurance to cover out of pocket costs. I think that is a sin. No one on Earth is more deserving than my mother. Salt of the Earth and will still take a switch to me if I get out of line.

9 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Start a charity then. You aren't taking up for the less fortunate, you are advocating for the destruction of the greatest healthcare system the world has ever known. You preach that sanctimonious attitude with little realization that you are hurting the poor, and everyone else. Let me know when you practice what you preach, and I will gladly donate to your charity organization designed to help the poor.

7 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Just get rid of the healthcare bill completely like you promised! What are you guys afraid of.

I agree with this one also.

They are afraid of the spin the Liberal media will put on the repeal. The Liberals will speak of millions of people that will die because of the Republicans. It's not so much the lie, it is the fact that they know the Liberal sheeple will believe the lie. You know this.

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

Lol. It's Obamacare without a way to pay for it, except cuts to Medicaid 

My understanding is the ( as you suggested) " cuts to Medicaid" are, in actuality, not cuts but rather a slowing in the growth of medicaid use.  Medicaid would still grow by 2% to 3% per year.

Republicans are running the government,  why don't they just end the healthcare program as they originally promised to do on day #1? The pharmaceutical companies should be able to charge whatever they please also as stated by Englebert. Folks that can't afford the meds should be on their own. Get rid of the pre-existing conditions clause, republicans never cared about fighting for this anyway.