Can I LOL this?

westend1

The chemical plant where I work started hiring operators that are educated from the process operator schools, does this mean better operators, hell no. Gerorge Soros is rich. Should he get a cabinet position.  Trump is rich, but he bankrupt four times. Trump is no John Rockefeller or JP Morgan.

18 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

The chemical plant where I work started hiring operators that are educated from the process operator schools, does this mean better operators, hell no. Gerorge Soros is rich. Should he get a cabinet position.  Trump is rich, but he bankrupt four times. Trump is no John Rockefeller or JP Morgan.

You're missing the point...no one is saying rich should be an automatic qualifier, but it shouldn't be an automatic dis-qualifier, either.

20 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Let's see, many on the left don't think Trump should be the president because he has no experience in running any government program. He has no clue what he is doing. He should leave it to the career politicians that know how things work. 

Okay, so Trump wants people that know how to spur growth in charge of the economy... but now the left is saying, hey, experience is not needed. Middle class Americans need to be in charge of what is good economically. 

I don't know if Trump is correct but I understand his concept. I don't want a college dropout that is organizing anti-military peace rallies to be in charge of the Department of Defense. 

On 6/22/2017 at 10:22 AM, westend1 said:

Lol at all you poors

I know. His policies adversely affects them; as well. Yet, they still support him.

20 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Let's see, many on the left don't think Trump should be the president because he has no experience in running any government program. He has no clue what he is doing. He should leave it to the career politicians that know how things work. 

Okay, so Trump wants people that know how to spur growth in charge of the economy... but now the left is saying, hey, experience is not needed. Middle class Americans need to be in charge of what is good economically. 

I don't know if Trump is correct but I understand his concept. I don't want a college dropout that is organizing anti-military peace rallies to be in charge of the Department of Defense. 

Yet, he hires Carson as the HUD director, Perry as the head of the Dept.of Energy and Besty Devos (whatever her name is) and the head of the Dept of Education.

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

Yet, he hires Carson as the HUD director, Perry as the head of the Dept.of Energy and Besty Devos (whatever her name is) and the head of the Dept of Education.

Please explain why these were bad choices. It's so easy to say they are without backing it up.

7 hours ago, Big girl said:

I know. His policies adversely affects them; as well. Yet, they still support him.

I think you are way over blowing Trump's support. I have said on several threads, I never wanted him to get the nomination and he is not anywhere near my top 10 choices.

Like millions of people however, no matter how much buffoonery he performs, he is still a sight better than Hillary and that was the vote. The lesser of two evils. His getting Gorsuch confirmed on the SCOTUS is huge. That alone is worth the price of admission. A couple more like that and Trump will lock in the SCOTUS as conservative for decades. If he can get the unmitigated disaster known as Obamacare repealed, he can do almost anything else. Heck, if he can get a couple of more justices and one of the biggest disasters legislation in our history repealed, he will go down as a successful president even if forced to leave office. 

16 hours ago, Big girl said:

These people you mentioned are being hired into admin positions. I would have loved to see someone from the field in these positions, but in all actuality, the most important quality in an admin is the ability to administrate, not write policy. They have an entire department of experts devoted to that. 

On 6/22/2017 at 9:05 AM, westend1 said:
Politics

Trump Says He Doesn't Want Poor People In Charge Of The Economy

This is the hidden content, please
 Nick Visser,HuffPost 11 hours ago 

President 

, addressing criticism that 
 and others in his Cabinet are too rich, said at an Iowa rally Wednesday that he doesn’t want poor people in charge of the economy.

“These are people that are great, brilliant business minds, and that’s what we need, that’s what we have to have so the world doesn’t take advantages of us,” Trump, told 

in Cedar Rapids. “We can’t have the world taking advantage of us anymore. And I love all people, rich or poor, but in those particular positions I just don’t want a poor person. Does that make sense? Does that make sense?

I definitely LOL'd at this:

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I definitely LOL'd at this:

2 hours ago, texanabroad said:

These people you mentioned are being hired into admin positions. I would have loved to see someone from the field in these positions, but in all actuality, the most important quality in an admin is the ability to administrate, not write policy. They have an entire department of experts devoted to that. 

2 hours ago, texanabroad said:

Tt

On 6/22/2017 at 5:17 PM, tvc184 said:

On 6/22/2017 at 10:22 AM, westend1 said:

3 hours ago, texanabroad said:

The head of the Dept of Energy during President Obama's tenure was either a physicist or a chemical engineer. Rick Perry has an animal science degree. Betty Devos never went to a public school and doesnt know what the ADA is. Didnt he appoint Ben Carson to his postion due to the fact that he lived in public housing.? I would be livid if my supervisor, the vice president and president of our organization weren't nurses.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

The head of the Dept of Energy during President Obama's tenure was either a physicist or a chemical engineer. Rick Perry has an animal science degree. Betty Devos never went to a public school and doesnt know what the ADA is. Didnt he appoint Ben Carson to his postion due to the fact that he lived in public housing.? I would be livid if my supervisor, the vice president and president of our organization weren't nurses.

This is not BG. Quit masquerading as someone else. Too coherent of a response. Pretty obvious really.

5 hours ago, Big girl said:

Like I said, I would have liked the department heads to have been from their field. But, there is no reason these people can't run the departments even though they aren't from the field. I wouldn't want someone who isn't a nurse/doctor helping me in the hospital, but wouldn't care if a businessman were running the hospital. Same goes for the heads of these departments. 

14 hours ago, Big girl said:

Wow, I think you are onto something here...

Obama Health and Human Service Secretary, Sylvia Mathews Burwell. Degree in political science. Graduate degree in politics, economics and philosophy. So how did she get to be the secretary over all health issues with degrees in politics and philosophy? Oh, she was already in the Obama cabinet nominated..... as deputy of the Office of Management and Budget. Yep, that sounds real medicine like. But wait, she was in the Clinton White House also (no, not as an aide with a blue dress) as an OMB member. 

Who did Burwell replace in this important health position. Well Kathleen Sebelius. What is her link to health and the medical field? Why she was the governor of Kansas and with a degree in (get this) POLITICS!!

Two very qualified healthcare professionals. 

Then we have Anthony Foxx who was the Secretary of Transportation. He is well qualified after his college degree in ... history? Wait, he also got a law degree. As a lawyer and with a degree in history, he is the best we could find. I guess the young lawyers must have taken a lot of public transportation so he is qualified. 

Called one of the top four most important cabinet members, the Secretary of the Treasury, Jack Lew, was highly qualified under Obama. His degree was in economics. No wait, that was someone else. The head of the treasury was a lawyer. 

Let's not worry about those people that may just happen not to be in their chosen field, let's focus on the good picks, such as Secretary Janet Napolitano. With a degree to be a lawyer and sometimes mentioned as a nominee to the US Supreme Court, she was highly qualified when Obama named her as his choice for Homeland Security. Yep, the head person to protect our country was a lawyer with no experience that I could find that has had anything to do with security or the military. She did have some government experience however. Where you might ask? Well in that place that prepares you for security and military positions, she was on the Senate Committee on the Budget. 

Obama's Secretary of Agriculture? Surely it is a farmer or rancher.... or at least something to do with agriculture. Nope, Tom Vilsack was another lawyer. But hey, he was the governor of Iowa and they grow corn and soybeans. 

I can see where Obama had this long list of highly qualified secretaries in fields where they have college degree and specialties. 

8 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Wow, I think you are onto something here...

Obama Health and Human Service Secretary, Sylvia Mathews Burwell. Degree in political science. Graduate degree in politics, economics and philosophy. So how did she get to be the secretary over all health issues with degrees in politics and philosophy? Oh, she was already in the Obama cabinet nominated..... as deputy of the Office of Management and Budget. Yep, that sounds real medicine like. But wait, she was in the Clinton White House also (no, not as an aide with a blue dress) as an OMB member. 

Who did Burwell replace in this important health position. Well Kathleen Sebelius. What is her link to health and the medical field? Why she was the governor of Kansas and with a degree in (get this) POLITICS!!

Two very qualified healthcare professionals. 

Then we have Anthony Foxx who was the Secretary of Transportation. He is well qualified after his college degree in ... history? Wait, he also got a law degree. As a lawyer and with a degree in history, he is the best we could find. I guess the young lawyers must have taken a lot of public transportation so he is qualified. 

Called one of the top four most important cabinet members, the Secretary of the Treasury, Jack Lew, was highly qualified under Obama. His degree was in economics. No wait, that was someone else. The head of the treasury was a lawyer. 

Let's not worry about those people that may just happen not to be in their chosen field, let's focus on the good picks, such as Secretary Janet Napolitano. With a degree to be a lawyer and sometimes mentioned as a nominee to the US Supreme Court, she was highly qualified when Obama named her as his choice for Homeland Security. Yep, the head person to protect our country was a lawyer with no experience that I could find that has had anything to do with security or the military. She did have some government experience however. Where you might ask? Well in that place that prepares you for security and military positions, she was on the Senate Committee on the Budget. 

Obama's Secretary of Agriculture? Surely it is a farmer or rancher.... or at least something to do with agriculture. Nope, Tom Vilsack was another lawyer. But hey, he was the governor of Iowa and they grow corn and soybeans. 

I can see where Obama had this long list of highly qualified secretaries in fields where they have college degree and specialties. 

How about it, Big girl...Are you "livid" about Obama's choices?