Div 4A Reg 2 Just a Got Tougher

Hagar

3 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Amazing how the UIL lets all this happen. Watch the SC games and almost all the D1 kids have played for a few contenders in their Hs careers....

Well, the only sure fire way to stop it is to have all transfers sit out a year no matter what.  And that ain't gonna happen!

The current structure the UIL has for policing it (if you call it that) is only as good as the coaches want to make it.  Most coaches don't care to check the "yes" box on whether a student has moved for athletic purposes.  Most coaches take the attitude that "if you don't want to play for me, I don't want you here, either."  And those coaches that do dare to state that the student is moving for athletic purposes are vilified as being "mean" and "vindictive" for doing so.  As talented as this young man is, the Aledo coach probably has 2-3 folks he can plug into his spot without losing a step.  So why would he go through the headache of trying to prevent it?

Lets not jump the gun here. This kid is a Gilmer kid. He went to school in Gilmer thru Jr. high. His father was a Buckeye qb in the 90's and lives about 100 yards from the stadium. How or why he left for Aledo I have no idea, but it's not like he doesn't have roots and ties to Gilmer. 

6 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Jace McClellan is not moving to Gilmer. You got the story very mixed up. It is a back up running back and DB that is moving back. It's definitely not the potential #1 running back in the nation of the 2020 class. lol. 

We were evidently typing at the same time. He ain't our kid.......but I wish he was. Lol