When you think of a Liberal what do you see or when you think Conservative what do you think ?

Fee Dee

9 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Well the thing about the original terrorist group. (The klan) They are alive and well, growing everyday with the direction of the new president and his cabinet. Examples, Sessions, Bannon, Paul Ryan, Bitch McConnell, Ted (I havenofriendsnotevenmymomna) Cruz. The country is being run by the biggest group of deplorables ever. What if Obama would have made astatement about dating his own daughter. If he would have said grab uum by the p, would it have been locker room talk. If he gave his daughter and son in law a job and office in the west wing, would that be ok. If Mrs. Obama would have posed nude touching her special purpose, would the rehaticans have ignored that. If the Obama's would have said and done the exact things that Trump has. There would be a major uproar. If I had a child that acted like grab um, I would call cps myself.

Seems like you live by "ifs".  If this, if that.

7 minutes ago, jv_coach said:

Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalismwhich advocates civil liberties under the rule of law, and emphasizes economic freedoms found in economic liberalismwhich is also called free market capitalism.

There you go.  You define me.  Why do you guys hate liberals?   Do you think this definition is incorrect?

8 minutes ago, westend1 said:

There you go.  You define me.  Why do you guys hate liberals?   Do you think this definition is incorrect?

I make a distinction between Progressive Liberals and Democrats. What I call Democrats fit more in line with that Classical Liberalism definition. I hate Liberals because of their holier than thou attitudes, intolerance, hatred, exclusiveness, childishness, lawlessness, blatant hypocrisy, but most of all, their "ends justify the means" mantra.

17 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I make a distinction between Progressive Liberals and Democrats. What I call Democrats fit more in line with that Classical Liberalism definition. I hate Liberals because of their holier than thou attitudes, intolerance, hatred, exclusiveness, childishness, lawlessness, blatant hypocrisy, but most of all, their "ends justify the means" mantra.

So you think the definition is incorrect 

19 minutes ago, westend1 said:

So you think the definition is incorrect 

I have never heard of the definition (that I recall) until just a little while ago. I haven't thought about it much. But I don't believe I've ever heard of a Liberal or Democrat that advocates for free market capitalism. I have never heard of one that believes government programs, even those ripe with fraud, should be eliminated or even scaled back. All I have ever heard from the Left is that the government, especially the Federal government, is the one that should be solving all of our problems, though to different degrees. So just a cursory analysis of the definition is not something I would agree with as a definition of more than just a small minority of people, but would have to give it more thought to give an answer. But in the end it is just a label.

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

To be for the rule of law one has to believe in moral absolutes....to be for civil liberties one has to believe that rights come with responsibilities and that taking from one person to give to another so that you can have a moral feeling of superiority is not an exercise in civility....and you claim to be a capitalist....maybe I missed your sarcasm, but either way a modern American liberal has more in common with King George III and Karl Marx then anything having to do with freedom.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalismwhich advocates civil liberties under the rule of law, and emphasizes economic freedoms found in economic liberalismwhich is also called free market capitalism.

Conservatives and Libertarians are classic liberals 

30 minutes ago, Fee Dee said:

Funny. However, Liberal open to new ideas.  Not all necessarily crazy :-) 

Facts show that statement to be complete false. Liberals say they are open to new ideas, but will result to rioting and destruction when that "new idea" doesn't conform to their warped sense of values. Exactly in the same way that Liberals say they are inclusive, but will boot your butt out and resort to violence if you don't conform to their warped sense of values. Exactly like they say they are tolerant, but will resort to violence against anyone they deem to exhibit behavior contrary to their warp sense of values. They say they are open, tolerant and inclusive, but only if you totally capitulate to their agenda. The evidence is abundant and evident to any sane person. You have to be a lot nutty to think otherwise when the evidence is so overwhelming, but for some strange reason I still like you.

35 minutes ago, Fee Dee said:

I don't like this guy, but I will look at the video!

Well, I'll admit I didn't know anything about him, but I agree with much of his points.  I do know I wouldn't want to get in verbal fisticuffs with him.  I'd lose every time.  Imo, very, very smart - wwaaayyyy past my IQ lol.

6 hours ago, jv_coach said:

To be for the rule of law one has to believe in moral absolutes....to be for civil liberties one has to believe that rights come with responsibilities and that taking from one person to give to another so that you can have a moral feeling of superiority is not an exercise in civility....and you claim to be a capitalist....maybe I missed your sarcasm, but either way a modern American liberal has more in common with King George III and Karl Marx then anything having to do with freedom.

Conservatives and Libertarians are classic liberals 

So liberals aren't liberal, but conservatives are. Got it

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

Well, I'll admit I didn't know anything about him, but I agree with much of his points.  I do know I wouldn't want to get in verbal fisticuffs with him.  I'd lose every time.  Imo, very, very smart - wwaaayyyy past my IQ lol.

He is smart in his field, you know things that he hasn't got a clue about, don't sell yourself short. If you devote enough time to any subject you can become VERY good at it.

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

A black conservative, wouldn't figure you liked him.

You got that right he was wrong on all counts, It's not so much that he is a conservative, he doesn't

even realize the benefits of bussing underprivileged children to better school. just as an example.It's not just black kids, it's poor rural white kids too. He doesn't realize that money manipulation helps keep the poor and lower middle class from gaining ground. I, unlike Rebgp, am familiar with this guy and have NEVER liked him or what he stands for.    

32 minutes ago, Fee Dee said:

He is smart in his field, you know things that he hasn't got a clue about, don't sell yourself short. If you devote enough time to any subject you can become VERY good at it.

I did get an online degree from New York School For the Incredibly Stupid.  Got a BS degree in BS.  Only college that would accept my remedial GED.

But thanks for the Kudos !  Made my Day :) 

10 hours ago, Englebert said:

Facts show that statement to be complete false. Liberals say they are open to new ideas, but will result to rioting and destruction when that "new idea" doesn't conform to their warped sense of values. Exactly in the same way that Liberals say they are inclusive, but will boot your butt out and resort to violence if you don't conform to their warped sense of values. Exactly like they say they are tolerant, but will resort to violence against anyone they deem to exhibit behavior contrary to their warp sense of values. They say they are open, tolerant and inclusive, but only if you totally capitulate to their agenda. The evidence is abundant and evident to any sane person. You have to be a lot nutty to think otherwise when the evidence is so overwhelming, but for some strange reason I still like you.

Your rioting and destruction claims are just decisive statements. Jefferson County Tx is a liberal county, no rioting and destruction when something happens. A very small percentage of liberals riot and cause destruction. Just like a small percentage of conservatives belong to the KKK. And Hardin and Orange counties are hotbeds for KKK.

This is the hidden content, please

Texas has more KKK chapters than any state in the country. 

When you see the map southeast texas is a hateful place. Makes me understand this board a little better.

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

Your rioting and destruction claims are just decisive statements. Jefferson County Tx is a liberal county, no rioting and destruction when something happens. A very small percentage of liberals riot and cause destruction. Just like a small percentage of conservatives belong to the KKK. And Hardin and Orange counties are hotbeds for KKK.

When you see the map southeast texas is a hateful place. Makes me understand this board a little better.

You should leave. I suggest I-10.

2 hours ago, new tobie said:

You are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black, when it comes to hate