DCTF 21-5A Predictions - Do you agree?

WOSgrad

34 minutes ago, bhsfan said:

It took LT a while to get going,but before they did it they had their fair share of failures. Isn't their a former NFL player living in hill,their also was a former Astros player living there.They built it just give it a couple of years.

Yes BH has an offensive lineman living in BH that played around 8 years in the NFL. Not sure if his son plays football but he will probably be very tall like his old man.

I might be on the other end of the spectrum, but I think the goliath's are built with D.1. recruits. It seems if a school is loaded for a few seasons, a few kids move in... Example Manvel this year. But you are correct, these ole refinery jobs cannot support a 300K house and my fishing habit......lol... That is why you see these dynasties built quick. LT was a bottom feeder for years, but a few recruits and a nice area, and bam, its on...There are a few schools, like W.O.S. that can stay relevant, but even W.O.S. loses kids to other schools. La Marque is a great example, when it was good, man it was good. But when it is over, man it is over. I do think B.H. has a shot at coming up the ladder within the next 5 years, MAYBE... Although its a growing area, i am not quite sure it can compete with Austin, Dallas, or San Antonio, (Judson)....... But, I do think they are the best bet... I thought last year B.H. was much improved, but just lacked the athletes. I am rooting for someone, somewhere, down here to win one.... It seems the U.I.L. has loaded up the Dallas area for the big show. But back to my beginning statement. If you watch the SC games on TV it is not uncommon to see these D.1. kids that have transferred a few times in there career. Its just getting harder and harder to compete with the big BRAND schools... 

1 hour ago, bhsfan said:

Former Seahawk and RSS graduate right? Forgot also an Aggie Alumni 

Herndon I believe. Played offensive line. Michael Hendricks was another stud that played at Sterling in the early 90's. He had a ride to Florida State as a tight end I believe and was tragically killed the summer before he left. Any way his nephew was a really nice player for BH last year.

10 hours ago, bhsfan said:

Former Seahawk and RSS graduate right? Forgot also an Aggie Alumni 

9 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Herndon I believe. Played offensive line. Michael Hendricks was another stud that played at Sterling in the early 90's. He had a ride to Florida State as a tight end I believe and was tragically killed the summer before he left. Any way his nephew was a really nice player for BH last year.

Herndon played at REL and UH.  I believe you are talking about Rocky Bernard.

14 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Yes BH has an offensive lineman living in BH that played around 8 years in the NFL. Not sure if his son plays football but he will probably be very tall like his old man.

Herndon does live here. We are friends with them. He has a couple kids in school. Kids are big. Youngest son is a basketball player.

44 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Herndon does live here. We are friends with them. He has a couple kids in school. Kids are big. Youngest son is a basketball player.

Coached his son in little dribbler all stars. Really nice family and yes the kid is going to be tall. Saw him for the first time in a few years at the Lee Basketball camp and he has really shot up. Point is the Hill will have plenty of talent to be a winning program coming up, great facilities and excellent coaching. Still miss the old Hill though but then again I'm just getting old.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, bhsfan said:

TW will have some parents make the move after what he did at Allen and the facilities are already in place 

I think you might be reaching a bit. The facilities at BH are nowhere near where he came from in Allen, starting with the 18,000 seat double-decker stadium. Allen is pre-season #1 in the state and #6 in the country, much like North Shore if you just have an above average coach you're going to be a contender just do to the sheer volume of talent. TW probably signed 60 FBS players while he was at Allen, I can't remember the last time BH even signed 1. To get to Allen you have to go through Highland Park, Richardson and Plano. Little different than going through Jacinto City, North Shore, Channelview and Baytown if you know what I'm saying. For now most of the parents that move their kid to BH to play for TW are going to have kids that couldn't play elsewhere.

Cougar14.2 is right, that's why I see us being a playoff contender most years, but to think we will be a powerhouse is insane thinking. I think for the most part, parents are good being in the playoff mix every year, but nobody thinks we're running the tables to Dallas. If we avoid PAM, we could go 2 to 3 rounds, but that's pushing it. I think at the end of the day, most parents are good with that being the limit for now. I may just be talking out of the side of my neck though. lol

27 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Cougar14.2 is right, that's why I see us being a playoff contender most years, but to think we will be a powerhouse is insane thinking. I think for the most part, parents are good being in the playoff mix every year, but nobody thinks we're running the tables to Dallas. If we avoid PAM, we could go 2 to 3 rounds, but that's pushing it. I think at the end of the day, most parents are good with that being the limit for now. I may just be talking out of the side of my neck though. lol

Nobody is a powerhouse in our district. I think if he can take BH 2 or 3 rounds deep that's pretty dang good. Crosby has been past the 2nd round once since 2009 and I would say they have a pretty good program. I still think BH will be at the top of our district within the next 3 years.