DCTF 21-5A Predictions - Do you agree?

WOSgrad

15 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Nope, out of Conroe ISD I believe.

Matter of fact I wish we had some pull there. St Pius has a senior defensive lineman that was a all district selection for them last year who grew up in NC and went to school through middle school in NCISD. His family still resides in NC. He would have really helped the NC D had he stayed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 3:35 PM, WOSgrad said:

1.  Crosby

2.  New Caney

3.  Barbers Hill

4.  Dayton

5.  Porter

6.  Humble

7.  Kingwood Park

8.  Splendora

9.  Caney Creek

This year is really a mystery - more so than previous years.  Last year's top teams lost a lot of talent and just like the stock market you can't base your results on what happened in previous years (or on your JV/7on7 results).  So here's my take ..... The Hill on top - if any coach can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t it's Wester-championship.  Crosby has the wining culture - believing that you will win if half the battle.  New Caney next followed by KP.  Pure craziness I know, but we've had a couple of move-ins that were here before and I like what the new coach has brought to the program.  Porter/Humble next. I think Porters athletes have all graduated and Humble's talent finally overcomes their lack of discipline. Dayton next - I know there are some crazy loyal Dayton people here, but you're year will be 2018.  Splendora/Caney Creek at the bottom as they adjust to what is a pretty stout district.  The bottom half of the district from last year will be improved make no mistake.  It's going to be a fun season.  I just want to make sure that 21-5A represents against 22-5A when the playoffs begin!!

3 hours ago, KPFan said:

This year is really a mystery - more so than previous years.  Last year's top teams lost a lot of talent and just like the stock market you can't base your results on what happened in previous years (or on your JV/7on7 results).  So here's my take ..... The Hill on top - if any coach can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t it's Wester-championship.  Crosby has the wining culture - believing that you will win if half the battle.  New Caney next followed by KP.  Pure craziness I know, but we've had a couple of move-ins that were here before and I like what the new coach has brought to the program.  Porter/Humble next. I think Porters athletes have all graduated and Humble's talent finally overcomes their lack of discipline. Dayton next - I know there are some crazy loyal Dayton people here, but you're year will be 2018.  Splendora/Caney Creek at the bottom as they adjust to what is a pretty stout district.  The bottom half of the district from last year will be improved make no mistake.  It's going to be a fun season.  I just want to make sure that 21-5A represents against 22-5A when the playoffs begin!!

Our year may very well be 2018, but we will have a good season this year. Playoffs will be obtained this year by the Broncos. These young men want it, they say it, and they all believe it. There will be people say, man, ole Bronco94 called it, them JV boys came to play and the returning varsity players are ready to play. That ain't no koolaid talking either. We do need to stay healthy, and if we accomplish that for the most part, we will be lethal. Gonna be some stat leaders of our district from Dayton this season. Potentially in passing, rushing, and receiving. The offense will be spot on, the defense much improved, so I like our chances against everyone in our district. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Given where Porter was previously I would say Holley. However the area is growing and Porter is attracting some good athletes with the facilities. That helps a good coach turn a program around.

Kind of what I'm feeling. I'm wondering if Westeberg isn't playing with a loaded deck like he was at Allen if the trajectory most are planning for BH is correct? All TW did was move BH to a system everybody else was already running. Last year was the first time everybody saw it, is that system going to be much improved or will the district have better answers the second time around?

Reason I'm asking is because Crosby roughed BH up to start district play and NC roughed them up to finish. They also lost to a PNG squad with one great athlete in which they were probably the better overall team. I have BH finishing second in the district but I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 4th with losses to Crosby, NC and maybe Porter if they can replace Jake Hall.

1.Crosby

2. Barbers Hill

3. New Caney

4. Porter 

5. Kingwood Park

6. Humble/Dayton

7. Dayton/Humble

8. Splendora

9. Caney Creek

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Kind of what I'm feeling. I'm wondering if Westeberg isn't playing with a loaded deck like he was at Allen if the trajectory most are planning for BH is correct? All TW did was move BH to a system everybody else was already running. Last year was the first time everybody saw it, is that system going to be much improved or will the district have better answers the second time around?

Reason I'm asking is because Crosby roughed BH up to start district play and NC roughed them up to finish. They also lost to a PNG squad with one great athlete in which they were probably the better overall team. I have BH finishing second in the district but I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 4th with losses to Crosby, NC and maybe Porter if they can replace Jake Hall.

1.Crosby

2. Barbers Hill

3. New Caney

4. Porter 

5. Kingwood Park

6. Humble/Dayton

7. Dayton/Humble

8. Splendora

9. Caney Creek

No!!! BH is the favorite to win 21-5A. 

Better coaching last year - Holley.  Followed VERY closely by Westerberg.  Rumor has that Zane Russell is  leaving KP (with his dad who is now coaching there) and may take over the QB duties.  He was one of three that cycled thru the position last year at KP.  See my previous comments about too many QBs causing issues at KP.  Hurst is slated to be the started at QB, according to my sources, and hopefully will be for the entire year.  Consistency please!!  Zane is a good kid - Porter is getting some talent.

Well, sledding just got a little tougher for Crosby week 1. Manvel already had 3-star Texas A&M commit Deneric Prince in the backfield. Today it was announced 2019 4-star running back from Wolforth Frienship, Garrison Johnson, has transferred to Manvel to join Prince in the backfield. 

Garrison Johnson - 

This is the hidden content, please

With this free agent pick-up I would have to give Manvel the nod over Denton Ryan as the favorite to win the D1 title. Don't be surprised to see them have a DeSoto-like season and get the monkey off their back and win a title. Will probably end the year ranked in the top 25 nationally after starting at #31. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, sledding just got a little tougher for Crosby week 1. Manvel already had 3-star Texas A&M commit Deneric Prince in the backfield. Today it was announced 2019 4-star running back from Wolforth Frienship, Garrison Johnson, has transferred to Manvel to join Prince in the backfield. 

Garrison Johnson - 

With this free agent pick-up I would have to give Manvel the nod over Denton Ryan as the favorite to win the D1 title. Don't be surprised to see them have a DeSoto-like season and get the monkey off their back and win a title. Will probably end the year ranked in the top 25 nationally after starting at #31. 

So I lower my prediction to Crosby by 3. 

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Garrison Johnson - 

Because he transferred after school had ended, he will have to sit the first 15 days of school. That means he shouldn't be suited up for Crosby game.

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Because he transferred after school had ended, he will have to sit the first 15 days of school. That means he shouldn't be suited up for Crosby game.

Do they go 15 school days or 15 days from the beginning of school. Manvel starts school on the 17th, if he has to only wait 15 calendar days he would be eligible on September 1st which is the first game.

15 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

So I lower my prediction to Crosby by 3. 

No doubt I want to win but I'm not really worried about the score. I'm more concerned with how efficiently we move the ball on offense and how we hold up against the run.

They have FB Marshall picked to play Aledo in the state title game, we will almost certainly get them again in the second round. If we're able to beat them I think we're probably looking at a '14 type season. If we rack up 400+ yard and 35+ points I would feel good with our ability to move the ball on everybody else in region 3 division II. We might give up 60 but if we don't get continuously gashed in the running game I think that's a good sign regardless of point total.

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Do they go 15 school days or 15 days from the beginning of school. Manvel starts school on the 17th, if he has to only wait 15 calendar days he would be eligible on September 1st which is the first game.

These are the eligibility standards as listed by the UIL:

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

These are the eligibility standards as listed by the UIL:

And here is the text by in the UIL Constitution:

If he attends by the sixth day of class, there is no 15 day rule (which appears to be counted in calendar, not school days).

This is without shades on, BH won't win district. We are for the most part, the same team as last year without the go to weapon. Now, maybe there will be that one kid that steps up this year, but I think you will see is a combined effort, maybe not that one person with the break away speed though. We will have a really good receiving corp. BH is in a tough spot in that we won't beat Crosby this year, which means we get PNG again first round if we make the playoffs. Last year was close because PNG was devastated by injuries and we still couldn't contain one player along with a lot of int's. I see it almost like last year where BH probably finishes third, but hoping we pull off a couple of miracles.

People were talking about maybe getting transfers, but heck nobody can afford to live around here. New homes are starting around $310,000. Alot of building going on, but I don't what these folks do to afford the homes being built. 

14 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

This is without shades on, BH won't win district. We are for the most part, the same team as last year without the go to weapon. Now, maybe there will be that one kid that steps up this year, but I think you will see is a combined effort, maybe not that one person with the break away speed though. We will have a really good receiving corp. BH is in a tough spot in that we won't beat Crosby this year, which means we get PNG again first round if we make the playoffs. Last year was close because PNG was devastated by injuries and we still couldn't contain one player along with a lot of int's. I see it almost like last year where BH probably finishes third, but hoping we pull off a couple of miracles.

People were talking about maybe getting transfers, but heck nobody can afford to live around here. New homes are starting around $310,000. Alot of building going on, but I don't what these folks do to afford the homes being built. 

Well, tbh, I still think the district is tighter from 1-6 than in years past. I don't have a good handle on how good the Cougars are yet. I don't mean I think they will not be good. I just don't know where we are. Riordan will have them ready. Just lots of new kids in critical places. I'd favor Crosby over BH but I'm not taking it to the bank yet. 

We are at The Hill this year. Always fun to play there. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, TradenupBH said:

My worry about BH is that even with the coaching change they still seemed to struggle athletically against the better teams. I really like the Cullen Kirkland kid but he just needs to be a little more consistent target for Cauthen. More than any other players graduating in the district I think BH will be hurt a lot by the loss of Langelier. BH has to get a break like they did last year and stay healthy, they'll probably have to improve on their execution without Skyler being there to bail BH out. I definitely think BH will make the playoffs but will probably be in a lot more wars before they get there.

As far as the PNG game, it kind of highlights what I pointed out before Westeberg got here. I felt like BH was the better team that night, I think TW may have gotten outcoached by Faircloth though. PNG looked like they knew every play BH was going to run those first few drives Cauthen kept throwing picks. For a decade and a half TW has been the one on the sideline with Roschon Johnson. I.E. Kyler Murray(A&M), Seth Green(Minnesota), Nathan Dick(Arkansas), Matt Brown(TCU), Alec Morris(Alabama) and so on.

On the flip side of all that, houses are expensive in Lake Travis and Aledo and they seem to do alright. BH will eventually become what everybody expects but it will probably be when the enrollment gets closet that 1,900 range.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

My worry about BH is that even with the coaching change they still seemed to struggle athletically against the better teams. I really like the Cullen Kirkland kid but he just needs to be a little more consistent target for Cauthen. More than any other players graduating in the district I think BH will be hurt a lot by the loss of Langelier. BH has to get a break like they did last year and stay healthy, they'll probably have to improve on their execution without Skyler being there to bail BH out. I definitely think BH will make the playoffs but will probably be in a lot more wars before they get there.

As far as the PNG game, it kind of highlights what I pointed out before Westeberg got here. I felt like BH was the better team that night, I think TW may have gotten outcoached by Faircloth though. PNG looked like they knew every play BH was going to run those first few drives Cauthen kept throwing picks. For a decade and a half TW has been the one on the sideline with Roschon Johnson. I.E. Kyler Murray(A&M), Seth Green(Minnesota), Nathan Dick(Arkansas), Matt Brown(TCU), Alec Morris(Alabama) and so on.

On the flip side of all that, houses are expensive in Lake Travis and Aledo and they seem to do alright. BH will eventually become what everybody expects but it will probably be when the enrollment gets closet that 1,900 range.

I agree, but we still not getting legit athlete's. LT and Aledo are places where people with money and great athlete's are moving to, not refinery jobs that barely make $300,000 house note with kids that average players. Those schools you mentioned have NFL players moving their kids there with good bloodlines and legit personal coaches that have great track records of producing exceptional athletes. Not much on East side of Houston for personal trainers and families with almost too big of house note to afford the incedible cost of personal trainers. Lol