DCTF 21-5A Predictions - Do you agree?

WOSgrad

21 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

I'm not sure about that. They'll be competitive but to say they'll beat everyone but Crosby is optimistic imo. 

Oh I don't know if they will beat everybody. I just think other than Crosby they should be favored in every other game. I believe they were 8-2 last year and will be better this year. They return some good talent and will have a full year under their belt with some excellent coaching. Just prior to last year BH was horrible and last year they were very close to beating a nice PNG team and playing in the second round. A good coaching staff can turn a program around in a hurry. Just like a bad coaching staff can ruin a program in a hurry.

4 hours ago, CCRed said:

Who is the "many re-thinking" ?

There is several saying differently now, maybe not you two, and if anyone out there don't like something about the Dayton Broncos program, just stay at the house when season starts, for sure don't join in when we start celebrating a 180 from last year. Eagle pride, that's a good screen name. I'm not sure but it's probably available.

51 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Oh I don't know if they will beat everybody. I just think other than Crosby they should be favored in every other game. I believe they were 8-2 last year and will be better this year. They return some good talent and will have a full year under their belt with some excellent coaching. Just prior to last year BH was horrible and last year they were very close to beating a nice PNG team and playing in the second round. A good coaching staff can turn a program around in a hurry. Just like a bad coaching staff can ruin a program in a hurry.

Agree. 

8 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Well sometimes it takes 5 years, at the rate we were going we might've had 30 kids suit up on varsity and that doubled in the last season, so without change we probably would've had 25 suit up and still no playoffs, so either way you'd be mad because of that, now we suit up 50-60 and will do very well this year, ole Dave has us at 4th this year, and after last season you'd think he'd be with you at 5-5, but nope, he's looking past one or two coaches that you don't like and sees the real picture. 2017 Broncos will be back to playing Bronco style football with all your negativity or with the support you used to have for them. As always GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

29 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Yep. And just bc you have concerns about your team doesn't mean that you aren't a faithful supporter.  

Your either all or none, and I may not have liked everything about the staff we had in the past but I still supported my Broncos. I always will go with my Broncos I don't care who we are facing. And I for certain will never support or make comments that even sound like I'm supporting a rival. Maybe that's the competitiveness in me, but that's the way it is. As always G O   B R O N C O S ! ! ! ! ! ! 

11 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

Your either all or none, and I may not have liked everything about the staff we had in the past but I still supported my Broncos. I always will go with my Broncos I don't care who we are facing. And I for certain will never support or make comments that even sound like I'm supporting a rival. Maybe that's the competitiveness in me, but that's the way it is. As always G O   B R O N C O S ! ! ! ! ! ! 

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves with this. Of course I'm a 22-5a guy. I think what your 21-5a boys are telling you is that they are trying to be realistic in judging their team in terms of its strengths and weaknesses. For example, PNG defense hasn't been good and I don't expect that to change much this year. With that being said, the offense has some guys who can carry the team together as long as the D doesn't fold. That's how BH was able to hang around us last year. Our D struggled with speed and they had the QB-WR combo to take advantage. Same thing w College Station. I don't think they are being negative, just real. Hell, the Cowboys with Dak and Zeke should have easy times scoring but that D probably wont stop a college spread. Just being real.

11 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves with this. Of course I'm a 22-5a guy. I think what your 21-5a boys are telling you is that they are trying to be realistic in judging their team in terms of its strengths and weaknesses. For example, PNG defense hasn't been good and I don't expect that to change much this year. With that being said, the offense has some guys who can carry the team together as long as the D doesn't fold. That's how BH was able to hang around us last year. Our D struggled with speed and they had the QB-WR combo to take advantage. Same thing w College Station. I don't think they are being negative, just real. Hell, the Cowboys with Dak and Zeke should have easy times scoring but that D probably wont stop a college spread. Just being real.

My comment was meant to go a little deeper than that. Back when I played, we never went into a game defeated. We may have lost the game in the end but never at the beginning. And I've carried that mentality thru life. Our D will be improved this year. We needed that. Our Offense will be looking sharp, I like our chances against every team in our district. Sometimes you have fans fall by the wayside and that's what has happened with some of ours from last years season. 

1 hour ago, Bronco94 said:

My comment was meant to go a little deeper than that. Back when I played, we never went into a game defeated. We may have lost the game in the end but never at the beginning. And I've carried that mentality thru life. Our D will be improved this year. We needed that. Our Offense will be looking sharp, I like our chances against every team in our district. Sometimes you have fans fall by the wayside and that's what has happened with some of ours from last years season. 

Mind me asking what your record was when you played. I'm just assuming you played in 93 or 94?

9 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Mind me asking what your record was when you played. I'm just assuming you played in 93 or 94?

Stuart turned the program around in 96, so playoffs were consistently born there and after. As you know. Coach Sherman was in charge in my days. He then went on and did pretty well I heard.

5 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Stuart turned the program around in 96, so playoffs were consistently born there and after. As you know. Coach Sherman was in charge in my days. He then went on and did pretty well I heard.

How long did it take Stewart to take a bottom dweller program at Dayton to the playoffs? Also didn't answer my question on your record.

16 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

How long did it take Stewart to take a bottom dweller program at Dayton to the playoffs? Also didn't answer my question on your record.

We both know the answer to that. And I just played basketball from 10th on. I migrated to Dayton in High School, but have become a Bronco in the 90's and have stuck with it. We have rivalry's, that just makes it fun, I won't bow down to them. I am a supporter of the Dayton Broncos, even when some stepped down from coaching to be just the AD and through those next 5 years and last year even though we did not make it what 22 years straight in the post season. And I'm still right here with them this season and the next. Just so happens I truly believe this group will do very well. Keep stating your opinions and I'll keep stating mine, and when I'm right(about the Broncos being tough)  just get on here and say ole Bronco 94 was right and I was wrong, and if I am wrong I'll get on here and say ole Bronco pride was right. Eventually we will all come together here, when the Broncos are kicking tail, the stands will fill again. Those of us that have only missed a handful of games over the years have seen the stands be less full even in the last several years, so I'd like to see this group of young men start to pack the house again and I think it will happen. As always  GO BRONCOS!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

We both know the answer to that. And I just played basketball from 10th on. I migrated to Dayton in High School, but have become a Bronco in the 90's and have stuck with it. We have rivalry's, that just makes it fun, I won't bow down to them. I am a supporter of the Dayton Broncos, even when some stepped down from coaching to be just the AD and through those next 5 years and last year even though we did not make it what 22 years straight in the post season. And I'm still right here with them this season and the next. Just so happens I truly believe this group will do very well. Keep stating your opinions and I'll keep stating mine, and when I'm right(about the Broncos being tough)  just get on here and say ole Bronco 94 was right and I was wrong, and if I am wrong I'll get on here and say ole Bronco pride was right. Eventually we will all come together here, when the Broncos are kicking tail, the stands will fill again. Those of us that have only missed a handful of games over the years have seen the stands be less full even in the last several years, so I'd like to see this group of young men start to pack the house again and I think it will happen. As always  GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Believe me I haven't missed even a handful of games in the last 18 years. I was just trying to make the point that even though you said you never entered a game defeated the fact was Dayton was horrible. Going into a game believing your going to win isn't the same as actually winning. It took a great coach to turn this program around. Kids believed they were going to win and they had a coach that made sure they were prepared and did win. It literally took another staff 1 year to post the worst record for Dayton since 1995. I hope your right though and Dayton goes 10-0 and I will surely give credit where it's do. 

4 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Believe me I haven't missed even a handful of games in the last 18 years. I was just trying to make the point that even though you said you never entered a game defeated the fact was Dayton was horrible. Going into a game believing your going to win isn't the same as actually winning. It took a great coach to turn this program around. Kids believed they were going to win and they had a coach that made sure they were prepared and did win. It literally took another staff 1 year to post the worst record for Dayton since 1995. I hope your right though and Dayton goes 10-0 and I will surely give credit where it's do. 

I know your son graduated, but maybe talk to some of the boys that are on the 2017 team. That is what I have done, this team is working hard to get back to what we have gotten accustomed to. Dayton is gonna be back in the mix of things, back in the Stuart days, he had the kids bought into the program, and the ones I've talked to are dedicated and bought in as well. 

14 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

I know your son graduated, but maybe talk to some of the boys that are on the 2017 team. That is what I have done, this team is working hard to get back to what we have gotten accustomed to. Dayton is gonna be back in the mix of things, back in the Stuart days, he had the kids bought into the program, and the ones I've talked to are dedicated and bought in as well. 

Stewart was also a successful head coach before taking this job. Big difference between the hiring of Stewart and this last hire. I have talked to several of the kids on this years team and wish them the best. Also have talked to several coaches and they know they have their work cut out for them this year. 

12 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Stewart was also a successful head coach before taking this job. Big difference between the hiring of Stewart and this last hire. I have talked to several of the kids on this years team and wish them the best. Also have talked to several coaches and they know they have their work cut out for them this year. 

Well that's every year. There has been a lot of improvements of the teams in our district. I see us doing well, the hard work started the Monday after school let out, I'm liking the growth I'm seeing in these kiddos, hard work pays off, and I actually thought our secondary looked improved in the 7 on 7 games we played with one particular cornerback picking off the QB 4 times in one game and at least 12 times the rest of the games. That was nice to see as to where our secondary has struggled at times it seemed. So like I said earlier that it's an exciting time to be a Bronco!

Okay, guys, Ease up.

Y'all are on the same team. 

94, like the enthusiasm, but I can tell you bronco pride is not any less ready to see the Broncos in action than you.  Even though the answers to the questions look promising, they are still questions that have yet to be fully answered.

29 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Okay, guys, Ease up.

Y'all are on the same team. 

94, like the enthusiasm, but I can tell you bronco pride is not any less ready to see the Broncos in action than you.  Even though the answers to the questions look promising, they are still questions that have yet to be fully answered.

We are good WOSgrad, not getting outta hand at all. I know Bronco Pride outside of this and he knows me. The questions will be answered before too long. This is a disciplined team and that was our problem last year, when you try to do things for your glory, things don't turn out the way they should, and this team is a team, no one player on it is trying to glorify themselves, so I've been told. GO 2017 BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/20/2017 at 3:35 PM, WOSgrad said:

1.  Crosby

2.  New Caney

3.  Barbers Hill

4.  Dayton

5.  Porter

6.  Humble

7.  Kingwood Park

8.  Splendora

9.  Caney Creek

1. Crosby - great talent lost some offensive line  but their skill played will show out

2. Barber hill - proubly most displined team on here and plus they have some returning starters coming back

3. New caney- lost 3 starters on offensive line lost their rb and there star receiver and they lost a lot of defensive of lineman

4.humble - they are really talented they just ain't displined and good qb lost a lot of lineman they have a good returning secondary and they are really fat went pretty far in track this season

5. caney creek- they return with 9 starters on defense lost a lineman and a receiver and there defense returns with 8 they improved a lot they went to porters 7 on 7 league and beat porter and lots of other teams but they will be in the run for a playoff spot 

6 Dayton - lost their qb lost that great receiver #1 and they just have to have a strong defense this year if they want a playoff spot 

7. Porter they lost their whole offensive line their qb there 3 good receivers have a good retiring rb and a great safety they still have a good coach will see what happens but they will be fighting also for that 4th spot

8. Kingwood park - lost a lot of their offensive line lost that #2 player which played every spot and they just need a stronger offense and someone needs to step up on their defensive side 

9. Splendora has a great rb but they need to move to a spread offense or they will lose all their games because their offense line gets beat up like every game maybe throw the football more 

2 hours ago, Gamewarden 54 said:

1. Crosby - great talent lost some offensive line  but their skill played will show out (Crosby has 4 of 5 starting linemen returning as well)

2. Barber hill - proubly most displined team on here and plus they have some returning starters coming back (BH will be competitive but not sure why they get labeled as most disciplined team on here.  Kind sounds like an atmosphere kinda conversation)

3. New caney- lost 3 starters on offensive line lost their rb and there star receiver and they lost a lot of defensive of lineman (Um, Yikes)

4.humble - they are really talented they just ain't displined and good qb lost a lot of lineman they have a good returning secondary and they are really fat went pretty far in track this season (No issues with this comment. I agree. They put it together a bit this year.)

5. caney creek- they return with 9 starters on defense lost a lineman and a receiver and there defense returns with 8 they improved a lot they went to porters 7 on 7 league and beat porter and lots of other teams but they will be in the run for a playoff spot (I like returning starters if they were quality returning starters that have a clue how to win. I just don't see CC making that big of a jump, returning starters or not.)

6 Dayton - lost their qb lost that great receiver #1 and they just have to have a strong defense this year if they want a playoff spot (I agree that Dayton will struggle but I'd put them in the 5 spot over CC.  I'd take a lack of experience in a good program over a lot of experience in a poor program any day.)

7. Porter they lost their whole offensive line their qb there 3 good receivers have a good retiring rb and a great safety they still have a good coach will see what happens but they will be fighting also for that 4th spot (Good analysis but I'd place them over CC)

8. Kingwood park - lost a lot of their offensive line lost that #2 player which played every spot and they just need a stronger offense and someone needs to step up on their defensive side (✔️)

9. Splendora has a great rb but they need to move to a spread offense or they will lose all their games because their offense line gets beat up like every game maybe throw the football more (You're probably right but I just like the fight in the Wildcats. They won't finish last)

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:30 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I think last year's team had issues trying to find somebody to follow. I don't believe anybody on this year's team will have trouble getting behind Jaiden Howard which I think is something that can't be understated after watching what we did last year, things like Mannie and Carlos fighting on the sideline.

We won't have the exorbitant amount of talent we've had in the past several years but if the team can stay healthy like the '14 team I can see similar results. After we lost the Twins and Raelon we were supposed to take a step back but actually improved due the load being spread across the team on both sides of the ball instead on relying so heavily on three players.

I think BH will be better but Jaiden and Craig tore them up last year and while people in BH may be more excited to see the ball being tossed around I think the faster, more turnover type game they've moved towards actually play into Crosby's hands. I think NC will have a pretty decent defense but without Allison to take the pressure off Cooper, on the zone read especially, I see NC struggling to match their offensive production from last year.

I've already said it earlier but I think Crosby goes relatively uncontested in district play with maybe the exception of having an off night in Dayton or BH and playing a game that's closer than it should be.

I am hearing NC have a move in RB to help take the pressure off Allison on the Zone read. Although he will also be a key part in the secondary. So it may well be a RB tandem of three, with two of last years linebackers getting some carries as well. NC linebackers and secondary will be strength of the defense. As I said in a previous thread, NC plays at Crosby and BH this year so I would give the advantage to the home team. I may change that assessment after I see what we actually come out with the first couple of games.