DCTF 21-5A Predictions - Do you agree?

WOSgrad

18 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

If this was a 7 on 7 or a JV poll I would put Dayton on top, but since this is varsity 11 man contact football I think Porter takes the 4 spot:)

What spot do you give the hill?

because that's the spot we're after!!!! Go Broncos!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

What spot do you give the hill?

because that's the spot we're after!!!! Go Broncos!!!!!!

I think 3 is pretty accurate. Having both Crosby and New Caney at home this year could move us up a spot, but both of these teams will be tough to beat when they are having a good night.

22 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

1.  Crosby

2.  New Caney

3.  Barbers Hill

4.  Dayton

5.  Porter

6.  Humble

7.  Kingwood Park

8.  Splendora

9.  Caney Creek

I agree with the order of 1-2-3. That's the order I'd put them in, but I think it will be a tight race and although I think the top 3 will be Crosby, NC & BH, I could see them in a variety of different orders. 

The 4 spot is where it gets tough. Do the Broncos return to the playoffs on the backs of kids that have never played on Friday nights? Does Porter have a playoff program now or was that just a one year playoff team? Can Humble finally put some consistency together? I can see any of these 3 getting in, in the 4 spot. 

But I don't like to ride the fence so I'll put Humble in the 4 spot. 

Are you ready for some football?

32 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

I agree with the order of 1-2-3. That's the order I'd put them in, but I think it will be a tight race and although I think the top 3 will be Crosby, NC & BH, I could see them in a variety of different orders. 

The 4 spot is where it gets tough. Do the Broncos return to the playoffs on the backs of kids that have never played on Friday nights? Does Porter have a playoff program now or was that just a one year playoff team? Can Humble finally put some consistency together? I can see any of these 3 getting in, in the 4 spot. 

Not all of the Broncos on the 2017 Bronco team are kids who has never played on Friday nights. Our top two backs were on varsity last year and had some nice highlight reels, 2 of our top receivers our returning letterman, we have a few returning lineman, And our defense will have some returning letterman as well, and the rest, well let's just say, unleash the beast. I like our chances with every team in our district, this is the 2017 Broncos, we are looking ahead, not in the past. This team will make their own history. 

34 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Not all of the Broncos on the 2017 Bronco team are kids who has never played on Friday nights. Our top two backs were on varsity last year and had some nice highlight reels, 2 of our top receivers our returning letterman, we have a few returning lineman, And our defense will have some returning letterman as well, and the rest, well let's just say, unleash the beast. I like our chances with every team in our district, this is the 2017 Broncos, we are looking ahead, not in the past. This team will make their own history. 

Please at least try to be accurate when talking about returning Varsity players. Dayton is most definitely not returning 2 of their top receivers. Jake would really be the only returning starter and I would be shocked if he had 15 catches last year and possibly 2 tds. Mcquirter was by far our best receiver and he will be on a track scholarship at UH this year for long jumping.  I know your excited and should be but this team will have very little depth and even less experience. If Santee gets hurt Dayton will take a huge step back with their backup rb. Also neither one of the rb's returning were Daytons top rb's. Jalen was the first 1000 yd rusher since 2009 for Dayton his jr year and was by far our best back last year. He was also first team all district his jr year along with offensive lineman Terrence Manning. Four kids of that team last year received scholarships for athletics at the next level not to mention a starting left tackle that was first team all district his sophomore and jr years. 

5 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Please at least try to be accurate when talking about returning Varsity players. Dayton is most definitely not returning 2 of their top receivers. Jake would really be the only returning starter and I would be shocked if he had 15 catches last year and possibly 2 tds. Mcquirter was by far our best receiver and he will be on a track scholarship at UH this year for long jumping.  I know your excited and should be but this team will have very little depth and even less experience. If Santee gets hurt Dayton will take a huge step back with their backup rb. Also neither one of the rb's returning were Daytons top rb's. Jalen was the first 1000 yd rusher since 2009 for Dayton his jr year and was by far our best back last year. Four kids of that team last year received scholarships for athletics at the next level not to mention a starting left tackle that was first team all district his sophomore and jr years. 

And I understand you are still skeptical, and so be it, if you will go back and read my post I said our top two backs, I'm speaking of this years team, I stated our top two receivers, of 2017, not 2016, I'm looking ahead pride, not backwards, and I'd suggest you do the same, I feel your pain, but we gotta get up, dust ourselves off, and move forward. I missed one 7 on 7 matchup and took a lot of mental notes. I've seen who has the best hands out of our receivers, and who works hard out there. I've known most of this team for at least 8 years, you dang right I'm excited, I like a team that will run the ball down an opponents throats and a team that will kill an opponent with a nice passing game, and that's what I know about this group, and you can cash that at any bank.

For a minute there I thought I had the wrong idea about our Number 18, but nope just watched a bunch of highlight reels of him last year, may not be a track star but the kid has good hands and knows the routes and how to get open because he has the film to prove it. 

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

Please at least try to be accurate when talking about returning Varsity players. Dayton is most definitely not returning 2 of their top receivers. Jake would really be the only returning starter and I would be shocked if he had 15 catches last year and possibly 2 tds. Mcquirter was by far our best receiver and he will be on a track scholarship at UH this year for long jumping.  I know your excited and should be but this team will have very little depth and even less experience. If Santee gets hurt Dayton will take a huge step back with their backup rb. Also neither one of the rb's returning were Daytons top rb's. Jalen was the first 1000 yd rusher since 2009 for Dayton his jr year and was by far our best back last year. He was also first team all district his jr year along with offensive lineman Terrence Manning. Four kids of that team last year received scholarships for athletics at the next level not to mention a starting left tackle that was first team all district his sophomore and jr years. 

Well then!

I'm looking forward to a great season with a great group. August 18 we get started and will show everyone the improvements and how those Broncos refuse to lay down. We start two road scrimmages and then we follow up those two in Channelview with the start of our 2017 season, those in doubt, come on out, and for the rest of us, let's come out in great numbers to support this team who will get us back to the tradition we do love and enjoy. As always, Go Broncos!!!!!!

On June 21, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Red Dawn said:

Humble has some athletes - would interesting to see them put it all together 

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, Red Dawn said:

I think last year's team had issues trying to find somebody to follow. I don't believe anybody on this year's team will have trouble getting behind Jaiden Howard which I think is something that can't be understated after watching what we did last year, things like Mannie and Carlos fighting on the sideline.

We won't have the exorbitant amount of talent we've had in the past several years but if the team can stay healthy like the '14 team I can see similar results. After we lost the Twins and Raelon we were supposed to take a step back but actually improved due the load being spread across the team on both sides of the ball instead on relying so heavily on three players.

I think BH will be better but Jaiden and Craig tore them up last year and while people in BH may be more excited to see the ball being tossed around I think the faster, more turnover type game they've moved towards actually play into Crosby's hands. I think NC will have a pretty decent defense but without Allison to take the pressure off Cooper, on the zone read especially, I see NC struggling to match their offensive production from last year.

I've already said it earlier but I think Crosby goes relatively uncontested in district play with maybe the exception of having an off night in Dayton or BH and playing a game that's closer than it should be.

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think last year's team had issues trying to find somebody to follow. I don't believe anybody on this year's team will have trouble getting behind Jaiden Howard which I think is something that can't be understated after watching what we did last year, things like Mannie and Carlos fighting on the sideline.

We won't have the exorbitant amount of talent we've had in the past several years but if the team can stay healthy like the '14 team I can see similar results. After we lost the Twins and Raelon we were supposed to take a step back but actually improved due the load being spread across the team on both sides of the ball instead on relying so heavily on three players.

I think BH will be better but Jaiden and Craig tore them up last year and while people in BH may be more excited to see the ball being tossed around I think the faster, more turnover type game they've moved towards actually play into Crosby's hands. I think NC will have a pretty decent defense but without Allison to take the pressure off Cooper, on the zone read especially, I see NC struggling to match their offensive production from last year.

I've already said it earlier but I think Crosby goes relatively uncontested in district play with maybe the exception of having an off night in Dayton or BH and playing a game that's closer than it should be.

So who do you have in the 4 spot?

I think The Broncos will be one of the top two teams in our district, and that has many re-thinking our district top four. That's just me thinking, we lost some good players but we also gained some good ones, and I think the gains outweigh the losses. Come on August, scrimmages or not, I'm ready for some football. Go Broncos!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

I think The Broncos will be one of the top two teams in our district, and that has many re-thinking our district top four. That's just me thinking, we lost some good players but w49e also gained some good ones, and I think the gains outweigh the losses. Come on August, scrimmages or not, I'm ready for some football. Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Who is the "many re-thinking" ?

39 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Who is the "many re-thinking" ?

Not me. Crosby and BH finish 1 and 2 barring injuries. I actually think Crosby will be better st the qb position and I like the rb that will be backing up Williams a lot. NC should finish top 3 or 4. All 3 of these teams return really good qb's and have the best coaching staffs. If Humble doesn't beat their self like they do every year they have a great shot at the playoffs with that kid at qb. They have talent all over the field but just implode. I do think Dayton has enough talent to possibly take 4th place but wouldn't put money on it. I think after the top 3 teams it's a huge drop off.

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

I agree about Crosby, New Chaney, and Humble if they keep it together.  I'm not sold on BH though.  Is the small receiver/returner coming back that was fast ?  It seemed he was the only play-maker they had last year.  

His name was Skylar Langelier. Kid was about 5'9  150 but could definitely ball. BH will continue to improve and will have nice QB play this year. Not sure if they will beat Crosby but every other game they should be favored.

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

His name was Skylar Langelier. Kid was about 5'9  150 but could definitely ball. BH will continue to improve and will have nice QB play this year. Not sure if they will beat Crosby but every other game they should be favored.

I'm not sure about that. They'll be competitive but to say they'll beat everyone but Crosby is optimistic imo. 

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

I agree about Crosby, New Chaney, and Humble if they keep it together.  I'm not sold on BH though.  Is the small receiver/returner coming back that was fast ?  It seemed he was the only play-maker they had last year.  

He was small but had great speed and was "a player". They'd better be able to replace him.