DCTF 22-5A Predictions - Do you agree?

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Vidor lost a lot.  JV's only defeat was to PAM I think.  Doesn't always equate to instant success at varsity, but until the District starts, I wouldn't overlook the Pirates.  I suspect they'll surprise a few people again this year.

Correct on PAM beating Vidor's JV.  I think Vidor will finish 2nd behind PAM.....

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Counting on Stansbury. Last year watching him at safety I thought that he should have been on the other side of the ball. Hopefully he can put something together.because I see people trying to take away Riggs earlier in games this year

Hughes and Riggs and Stansbury... the sophomore at RB might be a good combo. Stansbury will be much better on that side of the ball. It's a good move and a matchup nightmare.... offense will be fine... Hopefully we can work out some things on the other side of the ball...

I see it panning out like this:

1.  Memorial

2.  PNG

3.  Vidor

4 or 5.  Central (Will there be Defense?)

5 or 4.  Nederland (Will there be Offense?)

6.  Lumberton

7.  Ozen

8.  Livingston

9.  Baytown Lee

These are my picks, however predictions are like a handful of feathers, 

Throw them up in the air & they will land in some order. 

Whether it is the right order, or not.

21 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Counting on Stansbury. Last year watching him at safety I thought that he should have been on the other side of the ball. Hopefully he can put something together.because I see people trying to take away Riggs earlier in games this year

you nailed it, he is good on special teams but defense he was lacking, never seemed to make a play on defense, but I am very hard on defense as always. Looks to me maybe he will be better as a wide out. Im hoping the Defense improves on what they did last year, losing all the seniors isn't going to help, oh well graduate them, rebuild and move on lol

On 6/20/2017 at 4:33 PM, Stattrax said:

I see it like this....

1. PAM

2. PNG

3. Central

4. Nederland

5. Vidor

6. Ozen

7. Lumberton

8. Livingston

9. Lee

1.  Port Arthur Memorial- until proven otherwise, the Titans are the top team in the district.

2. Beaumont Central- Nelson knows what to do with talent and athletes that Foreman couldn't figure out.

3.  Port Neches-Groves- the super sophomore caught everyone by surprise last year just on how good he was.  No surprises this year...

4.  Vidor- the system.  I'd prefer Nederland in this spot so that my Jags can go D2 (something that has never happened since this format of the playoffs).  1 more "Q" to graduate...

5.  Nederland- from 2nd to 6th, anything is possible with these guys.

6.  Lumberton- just don't have the numbers to get over the hump.

7.  Beaumont Ozen- 1 year away before they are a serious playoff contender.

8.  Livingston- could move up as high as 6th if the ball bounces right.

9.  Baytown Lee- 0-10...again.

8 hours ago, REBgp said:

Another thing about the Pirates I forgot to mention (which I'm sure most will be glad to hear), the last Quirante is a Senior this year (I think).  So they have that going for them.

side bar:  The Quirante's are a bunch of great athletes, from a great family.

And he is a kicker , I believe.

I think y'all are overhyping Vidor. The years that they are really good is when they have an ELITE QB. What makes that offense go is a slick handling QB. Both of the Quirantes, Maverick and Montana fit that mold. They always have great RBs, but the QB is most important to them when they have REALLY good teams. Do they have someone that can step up at QB? Maverick is a huge loss for them. Just my opinion.

On 6/24/2017 at 9:08 PM, jake94 said:

I think y'all are overhyping Vidor. The years that they are really good is when they have an ELITE QB. What makes that offense go is a slick handling QB. Both of the Quirantes, Maverick and Montana fit that mold. They always have great RBs, but the QB is most important to them when they have REALLY good teams. Do they have someone that can step up at QB? Maverick is a huge loss for them. Just my opinion.

They were really good in 2009 when they had the 3 headed monster in the backfield...  The qb wasn't a Quirante and didn't impact much of anything....

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They were really good in 2009 when they had the 3 headed monster in the backfield...  The qb wasn't a Quirante and didn't impact much of anything....

They were 7-4(4-3) that year... If you don't agree that a slick handling QB makes that offense really go, then we will have to just agree to disagree.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 8:14 AM, Jag Insider said:

1.  Port Arthur Memorial- until proven otherwise, the Titans are the top team in the district.

2. Beaumont Central- Nelson knows what to do with talent and athletes that Foreman couldn't figure out.

3.  Port Neches-Groves- the super sophomore caught everyone by surprise last year just on how good he was.  No surprises this year...

4.  Vidor- the system.  I'd prefer Nederland in this spot so that my Jags can go D2 (something that has never happened since this format of the playoffs).  1 more "Q" to graduate...

Ok, I just picked up my copy of DCTF today.  Looks like pretty much no information was gathered or given on Central.  Central will not miss the playoffs as DCTF is predicting.  

And I'm sticking with my prediction...

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, buchorn2005 said:

Hard not to pick TJ, Lincoln, SFA, Bishop Byrne to win this 5A district.

With those schools, at the height pre-82, PA would be north of 3K ADM, thus having all 3 or at least 2 opened.  Whites that live in PA with school aged children go elsewhere

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 8:14 AM, Jag Insider said:

I'm going to switch Nederland and Vidor.  Pirates miss playoffs this year...

I'm not gonna come on here and say that we will do big things this year, but... we do return a pretty good amount of people who last year had a loss to Livingston in the last seconds that should not have happened, and only lost to central by 1 point on a decision to go for 2 instead of a field goal. So don't count us out either just yet. We were a lot closer than what people realize to being a playoff team last year, and we will have better experience this year. Might just make things a little more interesting.