Area Baseball Coaches on the Move

18 hours ago, fox said:

what is going on in warren. isn't this be the 3rd coach in 3 years?

Nothing really happening.  It would seem so from the outside.  1st coach (Wofford)  chose to retire entirely on his on last July (later decided to come back and coach in Brookeland).  He was replaced by Coach Bryant in late July.  We welcome Coach Bunner and look to get back to the baseball tradition we had in Warren.

7 minutes ago, Baseball05 said:

Any ideas on who might be a fit or at least in the running for WOS

According to an article in the Enterprise, Cornel Thompson didn't give any timeline on when a hire will be made.  He didn't indicate who the candidates, if he has any in mind are.

The thing I think could lure someone like Westbrook at Jasper or Jeff Bennett at Kirbyville is that the administrative situation at both schools is a circus right now and the political situation is dynamic. 

Both coaches would be great for WO-S if Cornel can work his magic and get them over there. 

Don't get me wrong.  IF Coach Thompson could lure either Coach Westbrook or Coach Bennett to WO-S, I'd be good with that.

However based upon information I have gotten from Jasper and Kirbyville, both coaches are currently happy enough with their situations, as well as both schools being happy enough with their coaches.  So it appears that they will be staying put (no guarantee, of course) for the near future.

Of course, I'd not have a problem if Ryan Pickering would be promoted to the top spot, either.