Congressmen to Be Packing?

baddog

After the attempted murder of several US congressmen, a bill is being considered to allow congressmen to carry guns.....in Washington D.C. Of course I think all Americans should be allowed to protect themselves, but in D.C, you can smoke DOPE, but you can't carry a gun legally. Another lefty mentality that makes no sense.

16 minutes ago, baddog said:

After the attempted murder of several US congressmen, a bill is being considered to allow congressmen to carry guns.....in Washington D.C. Of course I think all Americans should be allowed to protect themselves, but in D.C, you can smoke DOPE, but you can't carry a gun legally. Another lefty mentality that makes no sense.

Imo, the Bill is a no Brainer.  

9 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Imo, the Bill is a no Brainer.  

The anti-gun crowd should be offended.  Hope it doesnt' happen, but had the congressmen who were attacked been Democrats, maybe the 2nd amendment would never be in jeopardy of assault again.

I would vote no on the Bill. The reason, and I would shout it from the rooftops, is that I don't feel Congressmen should be carving out special privileges for themselves. We have enough of that already. If they feel a gun will protect them, then that logic should extend to the common people also. What's good for the goose... I think everyone should be afforded their 2nd amendment rights, not just a privileged few, therefore the Bill should allow everyone to carry guns. 

8 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I would vote no on the Bill. The reason, and I would shout it to the rooftops, is that I don't feel Congressmen should be carving out special privileges for themselves. We have enough of that already. If they feel a gun will protect them, then that logic should extend to the common people also. What's good for the goose... I think everyone should be afforded their 2nd amendment rights, not just a privileged few, therefore the Bill should allow everyone to carry guns. 

Agree, and hadn't thought of it that way. Kind of a double-edged sword.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Agree, and hadn't thought of it that way. Kind of a double-edged sword.

strongly agree follow the same laws the average Joe has to follow, they wanna pack in DC they need to make it available for everyone!

7 hours ago, Englebert said:

I would vote no on the Bill. The reason, and I would shout it from the rooftops, is that I don't feel Congressmen should be carving out special privileges for themselves. We have enough of that already. If they feel a gun will protect them, then that logic should extend to the common people also. What's good for the goose... I think everyone should be afforded their 2nd amendment rights, not just a privileged few, therefore the Bill should allow everyone to carry guns. 

I bow to your logic.  On the surfave it's good, but right below it reeks of elitism.