Hurricane Season 2017

PhatMack19

BREAKING: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District officials announce today the expectation of historic discharge amounts at Dam B (B.A. Steinhagen/Town Bluff Lake)

Hurricane Harvey has produced historic amounts of rain in the B.A. Steinhagen Lake watershed. Operations personnel are conducting heightened monitoring and safety surveillance activities at the dam.

B.A. Steinhagen/Town Bluff Lake release rates have been increased to over 44,100 cubic feet per second and it is anticipated that releases will exceed those experienced in the 2015 floods. Local emergency management officials have been notified and preparations for evacuation of affected downstream areas are underway. 

Sam Rayburn Reservoir has the entire flood pool available to hold flood water. The only releases from Sam Rayburn in the near future will be for power generation to maintain service for the Powerhouse. These releases will be near 500 cubic feet per second and will have a negligible impact on downstream conditions.

Lake levels and discharge amounts may be viewed at

This is the hidden content, please

My dad, grandpa and their wives were evacuated from PA last night to the Bowling Alley.  Dylan's Bar is a boat launch with hundreds of volunteers saving people.   I picked them up a few hours ago and got them to my house.   Conditions at the bowling alley are getting worse as people pile in.  All of Port Arthur is in pretty rough shape.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

My dad, grandpa and their wives were evacuated from PA last night to the Bowling Alley.  Dylan's Bar is a boat launch with hundreds of volunteers saving people.   I picked them up a few hours ago and got them to my house.   Conditions at the bowling alley are getting worse as people pile in.  All of Port Arthur is in pretty rough shape.  

Yes it is.  Guys, stuff can be replaced, insurance or not.  People's lives were in danger last night, including many I am close to in the PA area.  That was a sleepless night, with people begging for help while you are totally helpless.  Let's pray for everyone's safety first and foremost.  The rest we can deal with and persevere.  We've done it before, we'll do it again. In the meantime, here is a song by one of my closest childhood friends that's brought me peace in hurricanes past.  I hope you can find it too.  God bless you all! 

The U.S. Army Corp of Engineers has advised the Tyler County office of Emergency Management that the flood gates were opened to 100 feet at 3:00 pm CSDST. River levels will rise to near seventy nine feet. With additional rain fall accumulations, a potential elevation could reach near eighty two feet. All residents living in Mt. Neches, Barlow Lake Estates, Works Bluff on CR 4415, Sheffield Ferry and Bottom Loop-CR 4700 who have not already evacuated must do so immediately. Anyone who chooses to not heed this directive cannont expect to be rescued and should write their social security numbers in permanent marker on their arm so their bodies can be identified. The loss of life and property is certain. 

GET OUT OR DIE! 
*Call 911 or 409-283-2172 for anyone needing a boat assistance rescue*

Tyler County Judge Jacques Blanchette

Neighbor stayed behind because hit sits much higher than me. Checked my house and says the water got no higher than when I left and has receded some. Hopefully spared my truck. Lost my barn contents but things are looking up. Of course I am glad that we survived, but now that I am safe, those material things are what I have sweated for all my life and some are not replaceable. My prayers are with everyone affected by this terrible storm.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

The Lakes are getting their taste of Harvey now.  They will start releasing water soon which will push more water down our way.    I'm sure most of Orange County is evacuated already, but the worst may not be past for them.  

No most are still here 

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Neighbor stayed behind because hit sits much higher than me. Checked my house and says the water got no higher than when I left and has receded some. Hopefully spared my truck. Lost my barn contents but things are looking up. Of course I am glad that we survived, but now that I am safe, those material things are what I have sweated for all my life and some are not replaceable. My prayers are with everyone affected by this terrible storm.

You have somewhere to go?  If not, come on.  You may have to eat the old lady's cooking and act like you like it, but other than that it's a dry place to sleep.  

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

You have somewhere to go?  If not, come on.  You may have to eat the old lady's cooking and act like you like it, but other than that it's a dry place to sleep.  

Thanks, I am with kinfolk in Nederland. Niece and husband drove through high water to pick us up at Church in LaBelle where sheriff's department dropped us off from boat rescue. I consider myself blessed. Appreciate the offer.

Port Arthur has been decimated. We have tons of students and teachers who have lost everything. No word on how the school fared. We were lucky to get out with the kids and pets, but I was getting videos yesterday of my athletes going down Proctor and helping pull people out of houses. It's real bad.

12 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

Port Arthur has been decimated. We have tons of students and teachers who have lost everything. No word on how the school fared. We were lucky to get out with the kids and pets, but I was getting videos yesterday of my athletes going down Proctor and helping pull people out of houses. It's real bad.

We were detoured at Nederland avenue, which is where we were headed anyway. Saw on the news, after you cross 365 on 69 South, it became lake Port Arthur. Never saw that before now. Prayers to those folks.

My sister is a Doctor.  She has a medical clinic set up in King's Pharmacy in PA if anyone needs medical attention.  Serious conditions only please.  

Also if you take medication and need refills, bring your pill bottles to any local pharmacy and they will give you enough supply to get through this without a prescription.