Hurricane Season 2017

PhatMack19

Funny thing about these hurricanes.  Reg thunderstorms fire up during the day and die at dark.  Seems to be just the opposite with hurricanes.

Bostwick been doing this 40 years & said never seen one like this.  Never had one stuck between two highs.  I've seen a bunch - never seen one with so much lightning.  Grounds saturated.  Bayous & creeks full.  Tomorrow could be one really bad day.

Hope what BS heard is true. Sure would help.  And yes PhatMack, let natural selection run its course.

8 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I keep watching vidoes of idiots trying to drive through 6 foot of water in small cars and having to be rescued.  It's hard to feel bad for these people.  We may need to let natural selection run its course.

Stay off the roads people!!

Lmao. These are the same people that need warning labels on a package of fish hooks saying "Do not put in mouth".

I'm going to be plus 10lbs by the time this mess is over.  I've been cooking since Thursday.  Eating leftover gumbo for lunch that I made last night.  

Why is Gumbo always better the next day?  It's one of the only foods I know that is better left over.  

I drove around some Saturday & Sunday.  I've been in this area 20 + years.  I've been through several floods and 3 or 4 hurricanes.  I have a good idea where to go & what I can get away with in terms of flooding.   Saturday the local Krogers,, 2.5 mi away, was open.  So were a few restaurants. McDonald's on hwy 249 was closed.  I found that interesting cause they hardly ever close.

I went the same way Sunday and Krogers was closed.  The street in front of the store was flooded.  All the restaurants open the day before were closed.  Today I haven't ventured out.  I don't want to press my luck.

I had to go N to go the route I took both times.  Going South is flooded.  I don't even have to look.  I know it is flooded.  I've seen it flood many times before.  It's a nice area when it is dry.  When it rains, it is as ghetto as anywhere you want to see.  A lot of the Houston area is like that.  

When I am at work I can't wait to get home.  When I am home, especially when I am stuck in the house or the neighborhood, I can't wait to go to work. Can't please human beings.  I work South of here.  So, all that is going to have to dry up before I can get back to work.  

Folks, if you have suffered any damage that could be tied to Harvey, please read below.  If you know much about our state legislature, when they pass new legislation relating to insurance or claims, it isn't with you, the policyholders, in mind.  As it says, even if it's just an email that is dated that you document, get something to your insurance company no later than Thursday:

When Harvey moves out of the area, it will be time to put things back together. Some of us have been through this type of thing before(Ike and/or Rita), and many others have not.  Regardless of past experience, the laws are changing.

*IMPORTANT NOTICE* Texas property owners should be aware that House Bill 1774, passed by the 85th Texas Legislature, will change the law regarding how legal actions for weather related insurance claims are handled. This includes claims for property damages caused by natural disasters like Hurricane Harvey (and does NOT include flood claims). If you need to make an insurance claim related to Hurricane Harvey, you should study how the law may affect you and promptly ask for legal advice. You should give written notice of your claim to your insurance company by email or letter prior to SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 and the date of your notice should be clearly shown, preferably in writing by fax, written letter or email. If at all possible, include pictures of the damage. Keep a copy of all correspondence for your records.
Stay safe and document, document, document.

40 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

This is the hidden content, please

They forgot Mississippi just like all the news and weather people have forgotten Aransas Pass and Rockport. Just like they spurned Southeast Texas when Rita hit. All we heard about was Katrina. "Superstorm Sandy" was barely a Cat 1 but look at the coverage because it affected NY. Don't think for one second I don't feel for the people of Houston because I do. The flooding is worse because of the way Houston is set up, but this is not where the storm hit. Ok, I'm done.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

They forgot Mississippi just like all the news and weather people have forgotten Aransas Pass and Rockport. Just like they spurned Southeast Texas when Rita hit. All we heard about was Katrina. "Superstorm Sandy" was barely a Cat 1 but look at the coverage because it affected NY. Don't think for one second I don't feel for the people of Houston because I do. The flooding is worse because of the way Houston is set up, but this is not where the storm hit. Ok, I'm done.

Don't you mean the landmass between NOLA and Mobile? 

This is the hidden content, please