Mars is going through climate change

jv_coach

This is the hidden content, please

Speculation about climate change on Mars has heightened since 2001 photographs from the Mars Global Surveyor suggested that ice caps near the planet’s South Pole were receding. A 2007 study by Russian physicist Habibullo Abdussamatov concluded that the caps had been in decline for three summers in a row and attributed the decline to solar irradiance.

3 hours ago, jv_coach said:

Speculation about climate change on Mars has heightened since 2001 photographs from the Mars Global Surveyor suggested that ice caps near the planet’s South Pole were receding. A 2007 study by Russian physicist Habibullo Abdussamatov concluded that the caps had been in decline for three summers in a row and attributed the decline to solar irradiance.

I'm way short of being a scientist, but could the methane gas from cow farts be escaping our atmosphere and being drawn to Mars?  

Oh crazy me.  We sent a rover to Mars.  NASA must have secretly added a Briggs and Stratton internal combustible engine on it to motor it around.  The receding polar cap is the results of the emissions.  A massive carbon based footprint.  

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

lol.  This article doesn't even say what you seem to think it says.

Please enlighten us peons as to what you think it says. You prefaced your remark with a "lol", which can only be in this context a signature of derision. So please explain your heightened sense of intelligence so we can bask in your greatness. But keep in mind, we have the ability to critique your response, and I'm sure we will be able to articulate more than a "lol" in our analysis.

2 hours ago, jv_coach said:

how short are you!!

Of money?  If it cost a quarter to poop, I couldn't afford to flatulate.  If height, I use to be 5'11", but old age has gotten me down closer to 5'9".  If it's brains, I don't have enough left to realize how smart I ain't.   :) 

“On Earth, ice ages take hold when the polar regions and high latitudes become cooler than average for thousands of years, causing glaciers to grow toward the mid-latitudes,” said 

. “In contrast, the Martian variety occurs when — as a result of the planet’s increased tilt — its poles become warmer than lower latitudes.”

Water vapor moves toward the planet’s equator and forms ice and glaciers at mid-latitudes, said 

“As the warm polar period ends, polar ice begins accumulating again, while ice is lost from mid-latitudes. This retreat and regrowth of polar ice is exactly what Smith and colleagues see in the record revealed by the [Shallow Subsurface Radar] images,” said 

31 minutes ago, westend1 said:

“On Earth, ice ages take hold when the polar regions and high latitudes become cooler than average for thousands of years, causing glaciers to grow toward the mid-latitudes,” said 

. “In contrast, the Martian variety occurs when — as a result of the planet’s increased tilt — its poles become warmer than lower latitudes.”

Water vapor moves toward the planet’s equator and forms ice and glaciers at mid-latitudes, said 

“As the warm polar period ends, polar ice begins accumulating again, while ice is lost from mid-latitudes. This retreat and regrowth of polar ice is exactly what Smith and colleagues see in the record revealed by the [Shallow Subsurface Radar] images,” said 

So what makes you think this article "doesn't even say what you seem to think it says"? This whole topic was about "climate change" on Mars, and your quote basically says exactly that. So what did we miss? Or what did you miss?

I don't have any proof, but probably 25 years ago I was watching the News, and a group was searching for a WW-II plane that went down in the Arctic with a machine that could "see" through the ice.  They found it - under 18 feet of ice.  I'll as it the possibility the earth may be warming.  I think it's always warming or cooling.  Just not convinced it's because of men/autos/cow flatulence, etc etc

2 hours ago, Englebert said:

So what makes you think this article "doesn't even say what you seem to think it says"? This whole topic was about "climate change" on Mars, and your quote basically says exactly that. So what did we miss? Or what did you miss?

What you obviously missed, Englebert, is that this process is caused by man on Earth, but on Mars, it occurs naturally.

UNLESS, as REB has pointed out, someone did smuggle a Briggs and Stratton to Mars.

Edited by LumRaiderFan

On 6/15/2017 at 0:18 PM, stevenash said:

Disagree- planet obviously inhabited solely by Republicans

While we were going to the Moon, the Russians were secretly  sending a space colony to Mars. 

Let the Americans think they won the space race .........

23 hours ago, Englebert said:

Because you are trying to make some kind of connection between Mars melting ice(which apparently it's not) and Earth's. 

Because you are trying to make some kind of connection between Mars melting ice(which apparently it's not) and Earth's. 

Where did someone do that? I certainly did not. The contention was that Mars' climate is changing, but Man is not present. The moral being that climate changes naturally, and is not necessitated on Man's involvement, contrary to what the religion of Climate Change nut-cases are demanding us believe...without any proof.

3 hours ago, Englebert said:

Where did someone do that? I certainly did not. The contention was that Mars' climate is changing, but Man is not present. The moral being that climate changes naturally, and is not necessitated on Man's involvement, contrary to what the religion of Climate Change nut-cases are demanding us believe...without any proof.

Just stop. You want to make a connection between earth and mars.   

Just stop. You want to make a connection between earth and mars.   

Yes, the connection is both planets have naturally occurring climate change. You are the one that needs to stop trying to ridicule people that are pointing out that simple concept. Your are interjecting things not said...things that reside in your head and projected onto the rest of us. That's what deserves the LOL.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Yes, the connection is both planets have naturally occurring climate change. You are the one that needs to stop trying to ridicule people that are pointing out that simple concept. Your are interjecting things not said...things that reside in your head and projected onto the rest of us. That's what deserves the LOL.

the entire article says there is no correlation.    It's due to the tilt of Mar's axis.    Why is this posted here?   Tell me