Good Country Song that Never Made it

Hagar

There's a bunch, of just Country.  I have several George Stait's DVDs that had good ones they never played.  Heard this song on the radio twice about 3 years ago, and the singer, Josh Thompson, wasn't someone I recognized, but durn I liked it.  It's weird when we really like a song but it never gets popular.  You wanna say, What's the matter with y'all lol.  Anyway,

5 hours ago, REBgp said:

There's a bunch, of just Country.  I have several George Stait's DVDs that had good ones they never played.  Heard this song on the radio twice about 3 years ago, and the singer, Josh Thompson, wasn't someone I recognized, but durn I liked it.  It's weird when we really like a song but it never gets popular.  You wanna say, What's the matter with y'all lol.  Anyway,

Good song.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Nobody was...El Paso, Big Iron, Cool Water...good stuff.

Absolutely, and it was effortless.  No strain, just opened his mouth and that great voice came out.  In the car, I listen occasionally to country oldies out of Htn.  All they play is El Paso.  He had so many other good songs, especially Big Iron & Cool Water.  Also liked Mr. Shorty.  Didn't get a lot of radio play, but a cool song.

On June 23, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Englebert said:

Marty Robbin's album "Gunfighters Ballads and Trail Songs" is one of the best albums ever made. I used to have an original pressing, but lost it in Hurricane Ike. I do have the remastered CD, with bonus tracks.

That one is a Classic.