Now that baseball has ended.....ITS FOOTBALL SEASON

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

After 3 state championships this year, I would say us east of the trinity are no longer inferior to those west of the trinity :)

congrats to WOS, Silsbee, and PNG!!! Way to rep SETX!!

It has been quite a school year for the folks East of the Trinity.  The 3 aforementioned championships were great, and don't forget about the Legacy Christian girls basketball team who won state championship gold, the Port Arthur Memorial 4x100m and 4x200m relay teams and Silsbee's Kalon Barnes, who won two golds in the 100 and 200m runs.

21 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

After 3 state championships this year, I would say us east of the trinity are no longer inferior to those west of the trinity :)

congrats to WOS, Silsbee, and PNG!!! Way to rep SETX!!

Why does anyone from the Golden Triangle/SETX buy into the "east of the Trinity" and "west of the Trinity" nonsense? It's only a fantasy dividing line from a few folks in BH and Crosby. Spend any amount of time around local sports fans in the Houston area, even the east side, and NO ONE will mention the magical Trinity marker. They will mostly refer to "the Beaumont area". The Trinity doesn't even come to mind. 

Those west of the Trinity, especially those in red, love to rejoice in second round appearances and sightings of the hype train. No doubt that train will be rolling into the station soon. Lots of D1 recruits, speed for days, high flying offenses, intro videos in their stadium talking about being "a dog", but no real measureable results.

20 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Those west of the Trinity, especially those in red, love to rejoice in second round appearances and sightings of the hype train. No doubt that train will be rolling into the station soon. Lots of D1 recruits, speed for days, high flying offenses, intro videos in their stadium talking about being "a dog", but no real measureable results.

Good morning, sunshine. 

7 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Just may be some head shakers this year, that's all. Definitely gonna be some good football. We need to stay healthy but if that happens, the Broncos will be tough. I've always liked a sea of purple bi-district game.

I agree. Will be a very competitive year. 

On 6/12/2017 at 10:27 AM, 2wedge said:

According to you, what would a "real measurable result" be?

I have to assume you mean a State Championship. If so, then you are correct. Crosby has done nothing. 

Although I agree with you that ultimately nothing but a State Championship really matters,  I disagree that there are "no real measurable results". 

I'd count the following:

3 District Championships in a row (Yes, 2 were Co-Champs). 

Around 5 years of Bi-District Championships in a row. 

I think it's now a 4 year home winning streak.  

3 years removed from a State Semifinal appearance. 

Something like a .850 winning percentage under Riordan. 

I do agree with you that the knock on the program historically and in recent years (minus the semi final run) is the inability to get out of the 2nd round. Until the Cougars can do that consistently we can only claim to be a very good area program rather than an elite team in Texas. 

With that said, we are still going to be loud and proud and get on your nerves.