2017 District 11-3A D1 Preview

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bigdaddy79 said:

Coldspring losing Taylor is rough but they have the flusher kid who carried the ball as well. He has a lot of speed and is a north and south runner. Defense is where we are taking the big hit. losing our Lb core as well as the secondary is going to hurt the Trojans.

How confident are you in a second place finish for the Trojans?

21 hours ago, marionrobertmorrison said:

I know this was directed elsewhere but I would say second for Coldspring is pretty safe bet, certainly not conceding the district title to Woodville, but they really seem to be the odds on favorite to repeat.  The last two spots could be interesting.  

I feel like Buna will be Coldspring's best competition for the second spot. Woodville is the favorite, but nothing is set in stone by any means. They'll have to work for it just like every other team. Hopefully I can be there to watch Woodville/Coldspring this year.

On 6/29/2017 at 6:01 PM, aTmfan06 said:

Well I'll be able to give you a report on Yoe right off the bat in week one lol

Hopefully we can start out like we did last year.  

The goal this year is to win state.  I personally had the Yoemen #2 in my poll and Yoakum #1.  Those guys are LOADED with talent, including plenty of DI commits. I would love to see that matchup in the semis but region III will be tough as always.  

15 hours ago, Yoe_09 said:

Hopefully we can start out like we did last year.  

The goal this year is to win state.  I personally had the Yoemen #2 in my poll and Yoakum #1.  Those guys are LOADED with talent, including plenty of DI commits. I would love to see that matchup in the semis but region III will be tough as always.  

Yeah hopefully Bellville gives y'all a game lol

7 hours ago, longball24 said:

Woodville is looking forward to a rematch with yoe. With bigger stronger faster and hopefully smarter players and coaches this team will be ready to dispose of the yoeman. We to have multiple players getting D1 attention 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yoe would still beat woodville by 2-3 tds 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, eagleswoodville#1 said:

How confident are you in a second place finish for the Trojans?

I am Confident they will finish the 2 spot. while I pointed out their troubles they will face this year, Coach Byrd does a great job at putting the kids where they need to be. I don't think beating Woodville is going to be an option again this year but will beat Buna at home this year.

There are a LOT of dark clouds hanging over Kirbyville this yr. Soooo much has happened...on and off the field...that no doubt will factor into how well the team does. So I'm not going to make any predictions on how many wins/losses we're gonna end up with. I'm just gonna go support them. My daughter is a freshman and will be marching at halftime just like her two older sisters did for 8 out of the last 9 yrs, and I'm going to be there to see her too. It's Texas high school football. Anything can and does happen and I'm freaking excited to watch it all... from the first kickoff to the last second ticking off. The smells, the sounds, the sights, the everything...let's get it started. This yr I think we know that all roads for a district title will have to go through Woodville. But you know what...you gotta go through the town with a big black eye right now too. I love football and I love my Wildcats. 

2 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

There are a LOT of dark clouds hanging over Kirbyville this yr. Soooo much has happened...on and off the field...that no doubt will factor into how well the team does. So I'm not going to make any predictions on how many wins/losses we're gonna end up with. I'm just gonna go support them. My daughter is a freshman and will be marching at halftime just like her two older sisters did for 8 out of the last 9 yrs, and I'm going to be there to see her too. It's Texas high school football. Anything can and does happen and I'm freaking excited to watch it all... from the first kickoff to the last second ticking off. The smells, the sounds, the sights, the everything...let's get it started. This yr I think we know that all roads for a district title will have to go through Woodville. But you know what...you gotta go through the town with a big black eye right now too. I love football and I love my Wildcats. 

I have alot of friends and family, as well as many many great memories that stem from the town of Kirbyville. I will support them fully any week except for when they play my Eagles.