Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WOSgrad

Port Neches-Groves 4 Grapevine 2/FINAL/PORT NECHES-GROVES INDIANS - CLASS 5A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

93 posts in this topic

Hard to convey how happy I am for the Indians to pull this out.  We all expected for WOS and Silsbee to win, but you guys surprised most, except the PNG faithful.  I'm proud of all three of our SETX State Champions.  S A L U T E !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Hard to convey how happy I am for the Indians to pull this out.  We all expected for WOS and Silsbee to win, but you guys surprised most, except the PNG faithful.  I'm proud of all three of our SETX State Champions.  S A L U T E !

Thanks

Hagar likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bobbymcgee said:

Congrats to PNG! Way to represent SETX. 

Also this should send a message to local schools--- the only baseball coach in the area to win state in the past 10 years (since Jasper won in 2007) came from OUTSIDE OF THE AREA... Yet local schools still keep recycling the same six coaches or hiring from within. 

Bobbymcgee , why not just keep the thread about what happened today ? There is nothing wrong with any coach on the diamond is this area ! Curious , what do you do for a living ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Crob27 said:

Bobbymcgee , why not just keep the thread about what happened today ? There is nothing wrong with any coach on the diamond is this area ! Curious , what do you do for a living ? 

Also , it's not very hard to figure out who I am !  My sign in name and number is pretty obvious!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bobbymcgee said:

Congrats to PNG! Way to represent SETX. 

Also this should send a message to local schools--- the only baseball coach in the area to win state in the past 10 years (since Jasper won in 2007) came from OUTSIDE OF THE AREA... Yet local schools still keep recycling the same six coaches or hiring from within. 

How bout the players? Do they recycle them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bobbymcgee said:

Congrats to PNG! Way to represent SETX. 

Also this should send a message to local schools--- the only baseball coach in the area to win state in the past 10 years (since Jasper won in 2007) came from OUTSIDE OF THE AREA... Yet local schools still keep recycling the same six coaches or hiring from within. 

I thought Carter was a football coach who just coached baseball on the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deuces said:

I thought Carter was a football coach who just coached baseball on the side.

He is a long-time head baseball coach. He has over 500 wins and now owns 3 state championships. He does, however, work as an assistant football coach in the baseball offseason..

2wedge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PNG Proud said:

So proud of those Indians!  Un-ranked, yet played the role of Giant Killers all year, proving once again that rankings mean little.
Congratulations Indians!

 

Couldn't have said it better my self. At the end of the day , that's why we play the game because rankings are humanely biased to the state favorites and towns like SETX will always be under dogs till proven (WOS).

prepballfan and PNG Proud like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, prepballfan said:

He is a long-time head baseball coach. He has over 500 wins and now owns 3 state championships. He does, however, work as an assistant football coach in the baseball offseason..

I have a feeling that part of his job will be ending very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I have a feeling that part of his job will be ending very soon.

Nope, he loves FB. I talked to him Sat before the game and he said, he will be there Monday morning for offseason work

prepballfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Posts

    • So Little Racism In America, The Left Has To Manufacture It!
      When that subject was posted on this forum, the posters on here condemned that act. I guess you just read what you want to read. In fact, it sounds like your post was just a diatribe of self-reflection.
    • So Little Racism In America, The Left Has To Manufacture It!
      People around here & elsewhere see and hear what they want to.  If a presidential candidate they oppose says deplorable they latch onto it.  If the candidate of their choice mocks a physically challenged and disabled journalist they totally ignore it.   It is the same with terms like racism.
    • East Chambers vs Hempstead
      EC 30+ Hempstead remains true to its past and scores 55  plus or minus 3.  
    • Nederland Bond
      I'll respond to the young Mr Mosley in due time.  But I'll use his post to bring up a few interesting points for discussion and possible enlightenment:  It is my understanding, not verified yet, that there is talk of people in Austin who are questioning why the NISD board let this huge bond (tax increase) of 156,000,000 MILLION DOLLARS move forward to the voters.  Plus -- it was also stated, according to many in the "government-know" in Austin, the repayment cannot be sustained in the tax base.  Also, the President of the board, Suzanne Isom, stated this in a "Meet The Candidate" article: “I’m proud of the kids and how they’ve scored on tests,” she said. “Their grades and knowledge have increased. We have a very good superintendent who pushes teachers. I’m proud of the school district as a whole.”  Very interesting statements in bold letters!  And, Mr Jerry Albanese, I know him.  A very good man.  But he's been awful quite on the bond issue.  I think I know why.  But that'll be discussed later.  But, I think a lot of people at this point do not understand the WHOLE implications to the community of a 156,000,000 MILLION DOLLAR bond (tax increase) in a town of around 17,000 people!  But, that's why we have civil discussions to enlighten the folks in the community.  So, based on what Suzanne Isom stated,  educationally speaking -- is this massive tax increase really necessary? 
    • United's Kason Harrison last second steal and layup
      https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=324158911567617&id=123977004919143   The place went nuts!
  • Topics